The Art of Breaking

One of the Freaks

Jasper stared speechless at me. The tears started to burn on my arm and I hugged it close to me as more tears rushed to my eyes from the pain. It was unbearably hot. “Lacey, what’s happening?” Jasper asked visibly panicked. His hands fluttered about me. He didn’t know what to do.

“It burns!” I moaned with my eyes clenched shut. My eyesight went blazing white and then nothing. It was black.

♥♥♥
My eyes fluttered open and I saw the sherbert orange walls of my living room. “Oh God, Lacey, you’re okay,” Jasper said and my eyes drifted towards him.

“What happened?” I asked feeling confused.

“I-“

“Jasper, let me have a look at her,” I heard Carlisle say. He hovered above me and shined a flashlight in my eyes. “How do you feel?” he asked. His forehead was usually smooth, showing no signs of age. But at this particular moment his forehead was wrinkled with worry and I saw age in his eyes. They were wise and knowing, but most of all they were curious.

“I feel fine…just a little confused,” I muttered and pushed myself up with my hands. I looked around to see every vampire in the room staring at me with wide eyes. My eyes widened and my heartbeat increased immensely from panic. “Oh no, am I bleeding?” I asked waiting to be attacked by one of them.

“No, you just used your arm,” Jasper said with awe. I looked down at my right arm and moved it. it was as good as new. It moved in every way that it did before and it felt everything. A smile widened on my face. I couldn’t believe it. “I-I can move it,” I said with shock in my tone.

“How is that possible?” Jasper asked looking to Carlisle.

“Your guess is as good as mine,” he answered.

“Well if you ask me, she’s a freak,” Rosalie said with a smile. “Welcome to the family.”

Emmett laughed and placed an arm around Rose pulling her closer. Alice smiled. “Even I didn’t see this coming,” she said and squeezed Conner’s hand. He smiled at her.

“This may be a good thing but it’s also bad. Humans can’t heal themselves. It’s not natural,” Jasper said getting up. He was out of the room before I could blink.

I looked at Bella and Edward. “Don’t worry, Lacey. He’s just worried about you,” Edward replied and I nodded smiling only slightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!