The Art of Breaking

Unnatural

I found Jasper downstairs looking at all my painting. “You’re really good,” he said without even looking at me.

“Good for nothing,” I joked and he chuckled a little.

“Not even close,” he argued and his caramel colored eyes met mine. He smiled and I walked forward until I stood in front of him. I looked into his eyes and he smiled bringing his hand up to move a strand of my hair. “I love you, Lacey Summers,” Jasper said and brought his cold lips to mine.

“I love you more, Jasper Hale,” I said playfully when he pulled away.

“That would be impossible,” he stated and took my hand.

We walked upstairs hand in hand. The living room was empty. “So what would u like to do now?” Jasper asked. I looked down at my once paralyzed hand and smiled seeing it holding onto Jasper’s.

“Well, I think we should think of a reason why my arm healed,” I answered. How do I explain a miracle to my peers at school?

“I honestly have no idea how to explain it,” Jasper replied squeezing my hand lightly.

“Me neither,” I answered and then yawned. Jasper smiled.

“I think someone’s tired,” he said referring to me.

“Maybe,” I replied and closed my eyes as I leaned my forehead against his chest. I felt Jasper lightly kiss the top of my head.

“Let’s get you to bed,” he said sweeping me up into his arms. “We can think of what to tell everyone when you wake up.” I mumbled an okay and felt the bed underneath me. Jasper covered me with blankets and then got on top of them and laid down next to me.

Jasper’s POV
She fell asleep almost instantly. I looked down at her relaxed face. I was really glad that her arm had healed but how was that possible? It was unnatural, but then again everything about my existence was unnatural.

Maybe it was a miracle. It couldn’t be explained. Or maybe it was like Alice seeing the future and Bella blocking Edward out of her mind. I suppose anything is possible. As Lacey sank deeper into her slumber I heard the howl of a nearby wolf.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took forever to update. I was in Arkansas for two weeks and they dont have internet.