Because These Words Were Meant For You

.06 Because These Words Were Meant For You

“Well, fuck you, too!” Sarah’s loud voice screamed out in the silence, her tone shrill and filled with rage. “I fucking hate you sometimes George! Why can’t you grow up!? I tell you something important and you act like you don’t give a shit!”
“I’m sorry! I just don’t get what the big fucking deal is! It’s only a party!” Johnny shot back from outside the door.
“And I go to whatever party you have to go to whenever you want! Why can’t you just do this one thing for me!? ONE THING! That’s all I ask!”
“Because I don’t wanna fucking meet you’re crazy ass parents! Their fucked up and you know it!”
I heard something smash as Johnny yelped, no doubt ducking from something that was being thrown his way.
Or probably more like thrown directly at him.
“We’ve been dating for nine months and you can’t come meet my parents for dinner!? It’s dinner! Free fucking food! It’s not like it’s going to prison and it’s not like you haven’t already done that!”
“Don’t fucking bring that shit up! Just because I got caught and put away doesn’t give you the fucking right to always bring it up. So fucking what? I went the prison! It’s nothing new!” He raised his voice, the sound coming out harsher than what I truly knew he meant it to. “You fucking knew that when you met me.”
“I seriously don’t understand why this is so fucking hard for you,” She called out, a loud, sad sniffle leaving her nose. “It’s just dinner.”
“With you’re crazy ass parents who you don’t get along with and constantly tell me horrible shit about. It’s not fucking happening. Either you’re gonna shut up about it or I’m leaving.”
“THEN LEAVE! It’s not like you don’t already walk out on me most days anyway!”
“Fine, I fucking will leave!” I heard the door slam as his heavy footsteps pounded down the stairs outside the bedroom wall.
I slowly got up, waving a hand at Dillon’s wide eyed face as I made my way out of our room.
“Sarah?” I called quietly, carefully making my way to her.
“I fucking hate him! It’s not fair. It’s not fair to me. All the bullshit I put up with and he can’t do anything for me!” She cried, her fist making contact with the wall roughly, cracking a hole the size of a tennis ball in the heavy plaster.
I grabbed her before she could make another dent and held her close, slipping to the floor with her as she collapsed, her body jerking back and forth from the immense sobs escaping her lips. I tried to sooth her the best I could, softly singing the first thing that came to mind and holding her tightly. I gently swayed our bodies back and forth, much like the waves of an ocean did to a ship out at sea.
“What the fuck!? “ Dillon’s deep voice boomed as he made his way towards us, staring at the hole in the wall angrily. “SJ! Damn you motherfucker! I’m gonna have to fix that now!”
“I’m sorry!” She sobbed, burring her face in myDillon’s t-shirt as she clung to me like a wounded child. “I’m sorry I mess everything up! I’m such a fuck up!”
“Hey,” I slapped her thigh lightly and tilted her head so she was looking at me through tear streaked eyes. “That’s not true. You’re not a fuck up. So what, you mess things up sometimes? That’s how you live life. And I’m telling you right now this isn’t your fault. Johnny just doesn’t like the whole family thing, especially from the shit you’ve told him. I mean, honestly babe, can you blame him? From what I know you’re mothers a control freak who gets on you about everything and you’re fathers never happy with anything you do. Can you really blame him for not wanting to have to sit through dinner and try not to break their faces while their telling you how much their disappointed in your choice of boyfriends?”
“Oh, God,” She cried, reaching up to wipe her wet, salty eyes. “I really messed up.”
“No, you didn’t. You both messed up. You need to talk more….I’m not one to counsel or anything, you know I have problems communicating. But it’s not just you. It’s both of you and the way you handle things. You can fly off the handle and he does it all the time. That’s like sticking a lighter next to a dynamite stick in a dry forest. It explodes sometimes.” I stood up, helping her to her feet and leading her into Nita and Jay’s room. “Lie down and sleep it off. Johnny will go drink and then he’ll come back begging for you to take him back and telling you how sorry he is.” I helped her into bed and tucked her in, watching as she rolled onto her side and sniffled loudly, her eyes already dropping tiredly. “Night SJ.”
“Night Autumn,” She mumbled, wrapping her arms around the pillow and pulling it closer to her chest, somehow wishing it was Johnny’s warm body next to her instead of the cotton filled mass.
I closed the door quietly and leaned against the wall, sighing heavily.
Good God.
That's all I had to say.
The house seemed suddenly quiet, Johnny gone and Sarah sleeping her pain and anger off. Jay and Nita were both currently dancing the night away at her prom. Yeah, you’d never expect to see Jorel at prom, but Nita had begged him and he did little to deny that he wanted to make her happy and make this a very special night.
So he did.
He got all dressed up and waited for her on the couch while she perfected herself in the bathroom mirror for hours on end. And when she finally did come out, seeing her only made the wait seem like nothing.
Now, let me tell you, that boy knew how to clean up well
And Nita certainly looked fantastic, especially when she walked out on his arm, a thick, heavy smile stretching across her face. It kinda looked like the entire continent had eaten her face off. You know, if the continent smiled real big like a Cheshire cat all the time.
She was truly happy and he couldn’t be more ecstatic to be the reason for her ever enduring grin.
Obviously things weren’t going as well at the house as they were there.
At least I hoped they weren’t.
Dillon cursed under his breath, running his rough fingers along the hole in the kitchen wall. I walked over to him, hoping to calm him down with a hug or a kiss or two. But I didn’t even make it half way there before I felt a sharp stinging pain go through my right foot.
I yelped and grabbed at the counter, holding myself upright as I hobbled on my left foot.
“What the hell!?” Dillon yelled, rushing towards me and grasping my waist, holding me upright against his body. “Jesus, whatcha do now baby?”
“Oww,” I whined stupidly, gripping the waistband on his boxers like it was the only life source I had left to save me from dying.
“Lemme see,” He grabbed my injured foot and tugged it up a little, the bottom of the fleshy limb better seen to his eyes now. “Damn baby,” He grasped at the spot where the stinging was coming from and pulled, loud, horrid pain seeping from the open wound.
“OW!” I smacked his chest, stumbling into him as I lost all balance.
We both toppled over, his body shielding mine as he hit the hard wood floors with a loud thud and an even louder grunt.
“Glass,” He grumbled, wrapping me up in his arms as he slowly stood and stepped around the little shards of clear crystals, making a path towards our room. “Better pray Nita and Jay got shoes on when they come home.”
“If they come home,” I tangled my arms around his neck and pressed my chest into his, hoping to melt our bodies together. “Thanks for giving me a whole lot of warning there bud.”
“My pleasure,” He grinned as he laid down, snuggling my body closer to his as he squirmed about to pull the covers over us.
“You’re pleasure comes from your dick.” I laid a slopping Raspberry on his cheek and pushed closer into his warm, rugged body.
I heard him chuckle deeply as I closed my eyes, letting the rise and fall of his chest and the slow, steady beating of his heart lull me off to sleep.
I officially hate glass.
Damn those shards of broken, miniaturized crystals!
♠ ♠ ♠
It's 2 AM and I'm ready for bed =] Night night world.