California Show Me Love

Get Your Shit Sorted Out.

- - Matt's POV.

After Sarah jumped into the back of Dillon's Rover, we all went back to his place. Sarah wasn't too happy about George being in the same room as her, but it was planned to come back to Dillon's and stay over. As the guys and I chilled out in the living room, Sarah, Nita and Guin stayed in the kitchen. Sarah said herself, that if she stayed in the same room as George, she would surely flip.

And for the first time, I believed her. Especially after the punch she gave him outside of the diner that we was at.

I sat back, taking in the scent of Dillon's joint as I watched the silent television and listened to music that roared out of the speakers of Dillon's CD player. George sat in the corner, the look of concentration on his face. I could tell that he was regretting what happened earlier. As for the rest of the guys, they sat talking about fuck knows what and to be quite honest, I could care less.

All that I was bothered about was Sarah, my flesh and blood. George had seriously pissed me off tonight and the bastard was lucky that I didn't get my hands on him. But now that I've cooled down a bit, I think its time for me to sort this shit out. The guys and I can't be putting up with these two bickering at one another all the time, its just not healthy.

"George," I said, getting his attention. "We need to talk."

George looked at bit worried to begin with, but followed me nonetheless. I lead us both out of the front door of Dillon's home and we took a seat on the front lawn. George made sure he sat a good two feet away from me. Not meaning to sound big headed, but I don't blame him after how I went for him earlier on this morning.

"This is how its going to be," I started, looking straight at George. He wasn't sure to look up at me, but he did, nodding his head for me to go on. "You and Sarah need to sort your shit out. I'm getting sick of this fucking shit. You may only think its affecting you both, but it isn't. Its affecting the whole god damn group!"

"I know," George said quietly, shaking his head. "And trust me when I say, I'm so fucking sorry, but your cousin just fucking gets to me and I don't know how?"

"Well I haven't got the answer to that, but you just affect her in the same way." I stated, knowing it was a well known fact. I've seen the connection with my very own eyes along with the rest of the gang. "Its just up to you and Sarah to figure that shit out."

George nodded his head in agreement, sighing heavily after wards. "Look Matt, I'm sorry for what I said to Sarah. You know, about how her last name described her so well. I didn't mean, I just said it out of frustration."

Standing up, I flashed a small smile understanding, but still, he shouldn't be say this to me. "Don't you think you should be telling Sarah that?"

Walking back into the house, I left George outside to ponder. Entering the living room, each of the guys looked up at me with wondering, concerned face. "You haven't killed him, have you?" Jordan asked. "You do know that we actually need him?"

Laughing, I threw myself on the couch. "I know we do, thats why I let him live."

Speaking of the devil himself, George walked back into the house. Now the guys witnessed that George was actually still live and kicking, a look of relief washed over their faces and they continued to talk about whatever they were babbling on about. George awkwardly walked over to me and bent down a little so were face to face level.

"Could you get Nita and Guin out of the kitchen?" He asked, looking through the open door then back to me again. "I think its best to talk to her now, because if I don't, she probably won't listen at all."

"Sure."

Standing up from where I was sat, George took my place and waited patiently. Walking past the guys, I whiffed the scent of weed. Dillon had rolled, yet another, joint. Laughing to myself, I shook my head. That dude smoke way too damn much. Walking into the kitchen, Sarah, Nita and Guin were sat around the Island counter on high stools.

"Hello ladies!" I bellowed with a grin on my face as I rubbed my hands together.

Sarah began to laugh, yet she held a disgusted expression on her face. "Thats gross, Matt. We're family."

"True," I replied, then swung my arms around Nita's and Guin's shoulders. "But we aren't, are we girls?" I said, kissing each one of them on the cheek.

Squealing, the girls jumped off of the bar stools. I tried to hold in my laughter, but I failed miserably. "Sorry, I really couldn't resist." I said, leaning against the Island counter. "But now that is over, I'm going to have to ask you both to leave so I can talk to my wonderful cousin."

Nita and Guin let out soft chuckles as they agreed to leave me and my cousin be as they walked out of the kitchen. Still smiling, I turned to look at Sarah. My grinned soon vanished and I jumped back slightly. Sarah sat there with her arms and legs crossed with an evil scowl on her face. She must have guessed that I wanted to talk to her about George, a subject that she is not too keen on.

"I'm not going to lie," I said honestly, pushing myself up from the counter. "Like I told George, you both need to sort your shit out. The whole rival between you two is getting pathetic and its affecting the group. Its was only the other day that you and George we only 'messing around' on your bed."

Sarah rolled her eyes. "Oh please, nothing happened and you saw it for your fucking self."

"Not all of it," I said, stating a fact. "But besides that, you and George are going to talk. You both can't carry on like this, you're grown ass adults."

Leaving it at that, I made my way out of the kitchen. The group was now split up and a few were missing. Nita and Jorel, surprise, surprise and Guin and Dillon. Oh hell, surprise, surprise again. The music was now turned off and the television was heard. Jordan and Aron were playing Grand Theft Auto. Walking over to George, I nodded my head towards the kitchen.

"Its time," I tell him.

George took in a deep breath and made his way towards the kitchen. Before he went entered, he looked back at me with a worried look on his face. I shrugged. How the hell was I suppose to know what was going to happen to next? Sitting back in my seat, I watched George enter the kitchen, shutting the door after him. Shit! I should have removed all of the knives.