Status: A work in progress. Updates take a while. Sorry :)

When I'm With Him, I Am Thinking Of You.

002.

I couldn't help but let out a frustrated cry. I've been running around my room for two hours and couldn't find a damn thing to put on. Tonight, Alisuh and I were going out to celebrate mine and Jericho's engagement. I sighed and let out a smile. That man could make any girl weak at the knees.

I looked at the clock and broke out of my thoughts. It was ten to 8 and Alisuh was going to be here any second. For the next five minutes I ran around, shuffling through piles of clothes that I'd looked at a million times already. I heard a doorbell ring in the distance. My eyes went wide and I muttered "Oh shit!" I sighed and sat on the bed, knowing any second Alisuh would barge in my bedroom door, which happened about two seconds after I sat down.

"Hey Girl! You ready to go get drunk?" She yelled when she came into the room. Then she took a look around. From her point of view, I'm sure it looked like the room had been ransacked by an insane monkey. She looked surprised. "Okay, I'm going to assume that your perfectionist mind has taken over and you can't find a decent outfit?" She half questioned. I just stared at her with a defeated look on my face.

This is why I love Ali, she's simply flawless, has an awesome style and takes charge whenever I need her to. She walked over to my closet, rifled around some and came up with an outfit that I never would have put together but I liked it. I scurried into the bathroom to get changed. I'd done my makeup hours ago so I needn't worry about that.

When I was done changing I walked out to Ali. "Gorgeous" She said, handed me my purse, grabbed my hand and rushed me outside to a taxi. I smiled knowing why she came in a taxi. I told her I wouldn't be drinking much so I could drive us home, but she just didn't listen.

Ten minutes later we pulled up to a bar. We used to come here all the time back in high school when we still needed fake IDs. The bar was now under new ownership and newly named Dancing Dead.

The inside is really nothing spectacular, but I love it anyway. It was simple. The walls were brick, the bar was made of gorgeous cherry wood and stretched the entire length of the interior. On the other side of the room opposite the bar was a stage where a band was setting up to perform.

Alisuh grabbed my arm and steered me towards the bar. There wasn't many people occupying the bar, most were near the stage waiting for the band to go on. We sat down and I wondered where the bartender was. I looked down the bar to see an absolutely stunning girl with blond hair laughing to something one of the regulars said.
Alisuh looked at me, grinned and shouted "SHAMAYA!"
The blond turned around startled, saw Ali and grinned. She headed our way.

"Hey Ali, what brings you to my neck of the woods tonight?" Shamaya asked her, leaning over the counter and folding her hands in front of her. Ali looked at me "Shamaya, this is Peyton Davis. We're here celebrating her engagement. Peyton, this is Shamaya Porter. She's the new owner of this bar." Shamaya grabbed my hand and kissed it. "Nice to meet you Peyton."

I was a little taken aback. I'd never had anyone kiss my hand in a greeting before, let alone agorgeous girl. I just smiled at her. "Nice to meet you too." Shamaya and Ali talked for a few more minutes then Shamaya walked away, brought back 10 shots of Jack Daniels, winked and walked away again.

I looked at the alcohol, then at Alisuh. I groaned. "Alllliiii" I whined. "I told you I wasn't drinking much tonight" She grinned "Peyt, it's just 5 shots a piece....for now." I rolled my eyes. I'll be honest, I'm a lightweight. Those 5 shots of Jack would get me wasted off my ass. I didn't enjoy being that drunk anymore, I just liked the buzz. To make Ali happy, I toasted her and downed one shot.

Three hours later, Alisuh had talked me into 10 more shots in addition to those 5 and I was way beyond my limit. I excused myself and walked, er, stumbled to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, my makeup had stayed in tact but my eyes were bloodshot and my shirt somehow ended up off one shoulder. I sighed, went pee and went to walk out. I bumped into someone and giggled. "Ohmigod, I am sooooo sowwy" I laughed and looked up. It was Shamaya I'd bumped into, at least I think it was her. I was close to seeing doubles and couldn't think straight.

She smiled at me and said "No problem, are you having fun?" I told her I'd be better if I thought I could remember the whole night when I woke up in the morning. She smiled at me and we ended up sitting on the floor and talking for about a half hour. "It was really nice talking to you Shamaya, but I have to go. Ali will wonder where I am, even if she is to drunk to care" She laughed softly as we stood up. "It's okay, I have to go check on something in the back room anyway."

She smiled softly at me, cupped my face in her hands and lightly pressed her lips to mine. It was a very breif moment. By the time my drunken mind realized what happened, she had disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. An update. It only took me almost a year!
Haha. Hopefully I'll make it more of a regular thing if more of the people who read comment and tell me what they think.
:)