Finding Old Friends, Finding New Love

Chapter 1: The meeting

Chapter 1

"Jesse where are you?" A Seven year old Lily said trying to find her best friend.
"I'm over here Lily." An Eight year old Jesse mocked as Lily spun around trying to find where Jesse's voice was coming from.
"Jesse come out this isn't funny anymore." Lily said starting to get frightened since it was getting dark out.
"Alright I'm right here." Jesse said coming out from behind a nearby tree. "What’s wrong Lily-flower?" he asked
"Jesse can we just go home now." Lily said walking up to Jesse and hugging him.
Jesse looked down at his best friend and hugged her back and kissed her forehead. "Yea ok lets head back." Jesse said holding on to Lily as they walked back to their houses.

*BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP*
"Ugh stupid alarm." A now 16 year old Lily said as she hit the snooze button on her alarm clock. "That was a really weird dream." I said "Agghhh stupid Jesse, stupid dream."
"Lily are you awake yet?" My Dad called up the stairs.
"Yea Dad I'm up." I said getting out of bed, grabbing my clothes for the day and taking a shower to fully wake me up. After I get dressed I grabbed my backpack, keys, cell phone, and wallet and head down stairs.
"Morning Dad." I said as I sat down and ate the breakfast my Dad had laid out for me..
"Morning dear. Anything planed for today?" He asked
"Nope same old same old. Go to school, come home probably have Sam and Alex with me." I said finishing my food.
"Alright have fun then." Dad says as I got up and start to head for the door.
"Oh you know it!" I said laughing at my Dad. "I'll see you later Dad. Have a good day at work." My Dad is in the Army. Right now you live in L.A but you were born in New York.

As I exited my house I headed to your wonderful Jeep that I got not to long ago and headed of to school. As I got to school I parked in my usual spot between my two best friends Sam and Alex.
"Hey boys anything new?" I asked them getting out of my car and giving each of them a hug.
"Nope." They both answered. "You?"
"Nothing." I replied "So who's ready for the day?" I asked them both sarcastically.
"Oh I am" Alex said fakely happy with me and Sam laughing at him.
"Come on children." Sam said sternly but with a big smile on his face.
Me and Alex looked at each other and said at the same time "Yes Dad."
"Oh ha-ha. Are you guys ready for Mrs. Tanzen's bio test today?" Sam asked
"Yep, you guys?" I asked.
"As always, no. Alex said.
"Oh of course." Sam said sarcastically.
"Why am I not surprised. You know one of these days I'm not going to tutor you guys and your going to fail." I said walking in front of them backwards towards the school entrance.
''You wouldn't do that to us. You love us to much to see us fail." Sam said.
"Too true." I said as I entered the school and the three of us headed to our lockers which luckily enough are all next to each others. Mine was in between theirs.
"See told ya." Sam said opening his locker.
"Yea, yea ok so since bio's after lunch cram session at lunch?" I asked looking at Sam.
"Yep." Alex said.
"Yea for me to." Sam said. "K well I'm off see you later Lil."
"Yea me too." Alex said. "Wait up Sam! Bye Lil."
"Later guys." I said grabbing my German book and heading to class. Sam and Alex both have Spanish while I have German. And we all have different Math classes but other then that the rest of our schedules are identical.

After German class I headed back to my locker to exchange my German book for my math book and see the boys getting there.
"Hey Lil' how was German?" Alex asked.
"Wonderbar (wonderful in German). Spanish?" I replied looking at Alex.
"Just great, Superb." The answered at the same time.
"Hey Lil' have you met the new guy?" Sam asked.
"What new guy? And when was I supposed to have seen him since we‘ve only had one class?" I asked looking at Sam
"Guess that’s a no." Alex said laughing. "He came in half way through Spanish, Didn't catch his name though.”
"Me either." Sam said. "Wasn't paying attention."
"Now why doesn't that surprise me. Oh well maybe I'll see him later. I'm off see you guys in an hour." I said walking off.
"Later." They said going in the other direction

As I walked in to math I said hello to several people I knew and sat down in my usual seat next to the window and pulled out the newest book that I’d added to my collection to read before class.
"Hey Lily." A girl named Rebeka said sitting down in front of me.
"Hey Bek. How are you?" I said looking up from my book.
"I'm good. So have you met the new guy yet? He's so hot! He's in my Spanish class." She said.
"Nope haven't seen him yet." I said returning my eyes back to my book.
''Oh I hope he's in more of my classes." She said dreamily.
"That's nice, Did you happen to catch his name?" I asked not looking up.
"Oh yea his name is Jesse." She replied.
"Oh well that’s nice to know." I said as the teacher walked in.
"Good morning class." My teacher Mr. McDougal said. "Today well be starting chapter six. So if everyone will open their books to chapter six."
"Um excuse me is this advanced algebra 2?" Someone said
"Yes it is, I take it you must be Jesse?" McDougal asked.
"Yea, sorry I'm late I couldn't find the class." The mysterious voice said.
"That’s quite alright come in. Everyone we have a new student joining our class." McDougal said.
"Oh my god that’s him." Rebeka said causing you to look up.
"Everyone this is Jesse." Mr. McDougal said as the boy stepped into he classroom.
'Holy crap' I thought as I saw his face. 'No way! What the hell is he doing here?'
"Jesse you'll be sitting next to Miss. Waters." McDougal said. "Miss. Waters would you please raise your hand."
Reluctantly I raised my hand and saw Jesse walking towards me and take his seat.
"Now back to chapter six everyone." Mr. McDougal said.
"Hi I'm Jesse." He said.
'Ha he doesn't even recognize me' I thought.
"Hi" I responded taking a brief glance at him out of the corner of my eye 'Well it figures. I guess I have changed since I was eight' I thought laughing at my thoughts.
When you were younger your hair wasn't as dark and you didn't have the blue streaks in it. And your eyes were a little darker then they are now.
"Aren’t you going to tell me your name?" He asked
"You can call me Waters." I replied curtly. I felt Rebeka nudge me in the side "Oh and she's Rebeka. She thinks your hot." I said pointing to her.
I saw her turn a bright red and she stammered out a awkward hello before hitting me in the arm.
"Hey" He said smiling at her and a faint blush coloring his cheeks. "So Waters..." He started.
"Miss. Waters, Miss. Jefferys kindly pay attention." Mr. McDougal said.
"Aye-aye captain.” I said making the class and Mr. McDougal laugh before getting back to the lesson.

All through class up until the bell Jesse was trying to talk to me, he was really starting to annoy me a bit. The boy just couldn‘t take a hint. As soon as the bell rang I packed up my stuff and high tailed it out of there and went straight to my locker to talk to the guys. When you got there Sam and Alex were already there.
"Hey Lil', What’s up?'' Sam said noticing the look on my face.
"Oh not much except you know I met the new guy, Yea he's in my math class." I said opening my locker.
"Oh well that’s cool right?" Alex said.
"No not really, See I already know him. From when I lived in New York yea." I said putting my books away.
"Oh I take it you don't like him." Sam said
"You could say that. See when I lived in New York him and his family were our neighbors in which case Jesse and me were best friends. Until his career blew up and my mom died." I said.
"Oh... He's that Jesse." Alex said.
"Yea, and he doesn't remember or recognize me. Although he kept trying to talk to me in class to find out my name." I said thinking about what went on during class.
"Wait he doesn't know your name?" Sam asked "How'd you manage that?"
"Simple McDougal Called me Miss. Waters and when he asked me my name I told him to just call me Waters." I said smiling at my brilliance "I just hope he's not in anymore of our classes." I said as the three of us headed off to our history class.

After History you guys headed to lunch where I helped the boys study fro the bio test. While we were studying for the test when the commons got really quiet and then broke out into whispers. Sam, Alex, and I looked up and I laughed, causing several people to look in our direction, when I saw what everyone was whispering about. The new kid Mr. Jesse McCartney had entered the building. He looked around and his eyes landed on my table, he started over but as he walked towards us someone called out his name.
“Jesse!” I looked around and spotted where the voice came from. Jennifer Calloway. The Queen bitch of the sophomore class of Williams High. Her father worked at Hollywood records so Jennifer thought she was the shit to put it mildly. Not very many people liked her, the people who hung out with her were either her little lackey clones, or guys who though she was hot.
Jesse looked around and spotted her. She walked over to him and practically dragged him over to her table.
“Come sit with me at my table Jesse.” She said pushing him down in his seat and sitting next to him.

“Pour guy.” Alex said watching as the scene unfolded. Sam nodded in agreement while stuffing his face and attempting to read him Bio book.
“Well better him than us.” I said laughing and eating my lunch.

After lunch we went to bio where I hoped Jesse wasn't in it. Turns out I was wrong, way wrong Jesse as it turned out was in all the rest of my classes. And not only that all of my teachers decided that Jesse was going to either sit right next to me or sit around me. In which case he kept talking to me trying to figure out what my name was. After bio I went to P.E then to English. After school I got all the books I would need for that nights homework and Alex, Sam, and I walked out to our cars.
"So my house as usual?" I asked them.
"Duh." They both answered.
"Alright see you when you get there." I said as I got in my Jeep and headed home with the guys following behind me.

When I got to my house I parked in the driveway and waited for the boys to park before going inside. When the boys finally parked we all went inside and in to the living room. I put your stuff down and while the boys turned on the TV and found a channel they liked I went in to the kitchen and got some food for the three of us to munch on and drinks. After hours of watching TV, munching on food, and doing our homework the guys left and I went upstairs to my room to go to bed. Before I fell asleep I took out my old photo album from when your mom was still alive and we lived in New York. I opened it and the first picture that was in the album was a picture of me and Jesse when we were 8. I was on Jesse's back looking at the camera when my Mom had taken it. It was taken a month before she died and my Dad moved us. I fell asleep that night looking through the photo album.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright well here's chapter 1. I had to re-write it so let me know what you think. (=
Leave comments telling me what you think. Good or bad criticism is always welcome. It will help me improve my writing.
Manuela <3