Love's Not a Competition... But I'm Winning

Chapter One

The mind is a very complex thing, it has the ability to store a persons memories, to protect every precious memory so how is it that a single bullet to the head allowed my father to forget me? When I was six I witnessed my father take a bullet to the head, he lay still for a few minutes before sitting up and checking his dog tags that hung carelessly around his neck. When I called him daddy he didn’t acknowledge me, when I cried he didn’t care. On that day he put my life in the hands of a mutant known as Gambit. He gave me away and never looked back as I was carried onto a small aeroplane and flown to safety.

Within a couple of days I had been dropped off at Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters and was left there in the care of Charles Xavier. It was there that I learned about what I was, how I came to be and how to control my powers.

“Lina.. There is a guest downstairs are you coming?” Kitty asked as she walked through the down to my room, I nodded with a smile before standing and following behind her as she walked down the stairs. It had been thirteen years since the day I was left at this school and I was finally starting to feel at home, and I was finally starting to make friends. I followed Kitty down the stairs as we ran into Storm along the way, when I reached the end of the stairs, a tall man standing in front of the door. He seemed so familiar to me yet I couldn’t place him. He smiled at me when he caught sight of me and waved at me. I grinned and carried on walking until I reached him.

“Hi,” I said as I held out my hand, he shook my hand lightly before releasing it.

“Hi,” he replied with a grin, “I’m Remy LeBeau,” he stated, I smiled.

“Elina Howlett,” I exclaimed with a wide smile as Remy’s face got paler.

“Your Logan’s kid?” he asked in shock as Storm came down the stairs.

“No, that man abandoned me thirteen years ago, he is not my father,” I almost growled. Remy sighed loudly and pulled a card out of his pocket and placed in it my hand, it was a queen of hearts that had my name across the back.

“I’m Gambit,” he mumbled quietly causing me to look up at him quickly.

“Why are you here?” I asked quietly,

“I need help from Xavier,” he stated as Storm finally reached us.

“Is everything ok here?” Storm questioned, I shrugged and looked at Remy quickly.

“well is it?” I asked, “Where is my dad anyway?” I added.

“I don’t know, last time I saw him was on the island,” he explained, I nodded and turned to leave., feeling tears prick my eyes as I walked away from Gambit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all like it, comment please!