Love's Not a Competition... But I'm Winning

Chapter Two

I leaned against the door of my room when I finally closed it after walking away from Gambit, one of the few people that know about my past, I felt a tear run down my cheek but quickly wiped it away. I sighed to myself before grabbing my coat and heading out the door and down the stair. Remy was walking towards the down and held the door open for me as I walked out. Once outside Remy grabbed my arm and pulled me down the street towards a little café. I followed silently until we sat down in the café and ordered coffee. Remy looked at me, his eyes wandering over my face.

“You are so grown up now,” he stated, I nodded.

“That’s what happens when you don’t see someone for a long period of time.. They tend to grow,” I said, sarcasm laced in my tone. He gave me a stern look that made me shrink back under his graze.

“I know what your dad did was wrong but you can’t take it out on me, it was nothing to do with me, I wasn‘t the one that shot him in the head.” Remy said, I nodded and apologised before Remy began to talk again. “I don’t know whether you’re happy here but if you’re not then I want you to come with me,” Remy explained causing me to choke on my coffee.

“Really?” I asked, he nodded with a smile and took my hand across the table.

“Yea but you have a few months to decide, I’ll be around for a while, I smiled widely before nodding.
“Hey Kid you want to get out of there for the night and just have fun?” Remy asked, I looked at him in surprise before nodding.

“I would love that,” I stated, he smiled at me.

“Well drink up so we can go, I’m thinking that we head to a bar, you any good at poker?” he asked, I nodded.

“I’m okay haven’t played in years but my dad used to teach me,” I answered. He nodded before finishing his coffee.

“You done?” he questioned, I nodded as I place the cup down. “good,” he added as he stood up, threw a ten on the table before taking my hand in his and leading me outside. We turned down a lane way and headed into a secluded bar. He sat down at a table beside a few men playing card, pulling me into the seat next to him. “How much is the buy in?” he questioned.

“twenty dollars a heavy set beard man answered, I grimaced at the look of him but was not surprised to see Gambit throwing the money on the table. “What’s your name Pretty?” the man asked, refraining from gagging I answered him.

“Elina,” I replied, he nodded with a perverted smirk.

“You going to be joining our little game here?” he questioned, I looked at Remy who nodded.

“Sure she is,” he answered before throwing another twenty on the table. The man nodded before nodding to the dealer to hand the cards out. Once the cards were in front of me, I glanced at them quickly seeing that I had two aces. Smiling on the inside I threw down the one card and picked up a fresh one. Three aces.

“What you got darling?” the pervert asked, I shrugged as two of the men folded and the other men at the table kept their cards high. I looked at Remy who grinned at me. The other men showed there cards and I bluffed with a frown on my face before grinning as I placed the cards down. The men looked on in this belief as I reached foreword and grabbed the pile of money in the middle of the table, pulling the money towards me.
“I think I’m ready to go Remy,” I stated with a smile as I folded my money and stood up. He got out of his chair and put his arm around my shoulder as we walked toward the door only to be blocked by two fairly big men.

“You don’t honestly think we’re going to let you leave with that money, do you?” Pervert asked, I glanced at him quickly as Remy spoke.

“Mon Cheri won, now get out of the way,” Gambit demanded as his grip on me tightened. The men began to walk towards us and I could feel the tension in the room thicken. Trying to come up with a plan that would get us out of this with out either of us using our power was extremely difficult and in the end I just decided that fire was the best bet. Creating a fire ball in my hand I turned to the men.

“Now now children, play nice or this whole place is going to be set alight,” I said in a serious tone, the fear on the faces of the big men was amusing.

“Get.. Get that freak out of here,” Pervert shouted at Gambit who clenched his fist in anger but before her could do anything I grabbed his arm and pulled him from the bar.

“That was so much fun.” I stated with excitement.

“Calm down Mon Cheri,” Gambit said with a chuckle before putting his arm back around my shoulder and pulling me towards him. “There is still more fun to be had,” he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked.

Need more comments please.

XxX