Status: the next update will be soon since i am now on spring break and don't have anything else to do

Everybody's Fool

Masquerade Ball (part 2)

Carol, Nick and I arrived at the Counter Heights hotel and I was getting even more and more butterflies in my stomach. Nick parked the car and I took in a deep breath as we got out and headed for the entrance of the hotel until I stopped mid-way to the hotel doors.
Nick and Carol stopped too and faced me with confused looks.
“What’s wrong, Kim?” Carol asked me giving me a confused look.
“I don’t think I can do this guys, what if Brittany and Bianca figure out its me?” I questioned as I grabbed my stomach. I’ve never even been to one of these things before in my life, Nina always had me doing something around the house or I just thought these dances were a little lame to even go to one.
“Ok, first of all, they won’t figure out its you because they are too retarded to even know its you,” Nick pointed out to me.
“Yea, just don’t take your mask off and you’ll be fine,” Carol reassured me as she fixed my mask a bit. I just nodded and we began walking again.
The lobby of the hotel was filled with people checking into the hotel and from school who were just hanging around, some of them even starred in awe at us or more likely me.
Why is everyone only wearing black and white? I wondered as we followed the sound of the music playing in the ballroom. So far I’ve only seen people wear either one of those two colors.
We were at the entrance of the ballroom, hearing the music playing.
“You know what I changed my mind, I think I’m just going to head home,” I told them as I began to turn away until I felt two hands grab hold of my arms.
“Oh no your not,” Carol stated turning me around as she pointed a finger right at me sternly. “You need to do this, you need to show everyone that popular people aren’t the only ones that go these type of things, that people like us go too and don’t care what other people think, show these people your true self. . .” Carol took in a breath.
“Carol, breathe,” I told her.
“Come on, your doing this Kim,” Nick stated pulling me closer to the entrance.
“Ok, ok but wait I have to be home by midnight,” I stated as I pulled my arms away from their grasps.
“Don’t worry, I set my cell phone to a quarter to Midnight and Nick did the samething too,” Carol reassured me. “Just have fun until for the time being.”
“Ok,” I smiled. We entered the ballroom, and Nick and Carol began descending down the stairs of the ballroom first while I was still standing up the stairs. I took a deep breathe, picked up the front of my dress a bit then began walking down, while I was walking everyone was starring right at me and some idiot began shining the spotlight at me. Bring Me to Life by Evanescence was playing while I was walking down.
Just breathe and don‘t trip, Kim, and you’ll be fine, I thought. Once I was down the stairs, everyone went back to what they were doing, the spotlight went away, and I was greeted by Nick and Carol.
“How are you feeling now?” Nick asked me.
“Better,” I answered. “I’m going to go get some punch, you guys can go dance or something.”
“You sure?” Carol questioned.
“Yea,” I said to her. Nick and Carol began dancing there way to the dance floor as Don‘t Trust Me by 3oh 3, I laughed a bit when they were out dancing.
I headed toward the punch bowl, feeling the eyes of people starring at me but I just ignored them, and poured myself a drink.

(JOE’S P.O.V)
I didn’t know what to do, I have never even been to one of the school dances not even when I was in middle school, I just always seemed to have something better to do then go to these things but today I had nothing else to do and because I hope to find my mystery singer here.
“Come on, dude, you can at least dance,” Josh suggested while he was dancing, I was just hiding behind a crowd of people.
“I don’t feel like it, I’m just trying to hide from Katie,” I told him. The first dance I ever go to and I have to spend it hiding from Katie.
She just won’t stop following me around everywhere I go, right now I’m just hiding behind a huge group of people. Katie just won’t get the idea that I don’t want to be with her anymore not even all of the times I‘ve dissed her. She like a love sick puppy that won’t go away, no matter how many times you yell at her. “Katie’s in the restroom right so your save until she gets out,” Josh informed me as he stopped dancing.
I sighed in relief and stepped around the group of people.
Suddenly everyone seemed to stopped what they were doing and were starring somewhere.
“Dude, check her out,” Josh told me surprised by something. I turned towards the direction of where Josh was looking and I was mesmerized by the gorgeous girl walking down the stairs.
“Who is she?” I asked Josh not taking my eyes away from her.
Josh just shrugged. The girl stopped at the bottom of the stairs and started talking with two other people.
I couldn’t stop starring at her, though, she was just so, so. . .there’s no other word describing how gorgeous and beautiful she looked.
The girl left the other two and began walking towards the punch bowl.
“Go talk to her, Joe,” Josh gestured me.
“What am I supposed to say to her?” I questioned.
“I don’t know just talk to her,” Josh ordered then he pushed me towards the punch bowl almost making me trip on my own two feet.
I’m so going to kill him if this doesn’t work out, I thought as I faced the shocked girl.

(NORMAL POV)
While I was serving myself some punch some random guy came over to the punch bowl almost tripping on his feet.
He then looked at me nervously as he flipped his hair to the side, “H-hi,” he stuttered nervously.
“Uh, hi,” I greeted back kind a weird it out.
I had to admit, this guy was beyond gorgeous. The way he smiled nervously, how his honey brown eyes were starring into mine, the way his bangs fell over his mask. This guy reminded me a lot of Joe but there was no way it could be him because Joe told me he wasn‘t going to come to the ball. This guy was wearing a black dress shirt with a white vest and black dress pants and a plain black mask.
Maybe he’s just some other guy, I thought otherwise.
“So do you want some punch?” the guys asked. I showed him my cup of punch. “And I see you already have one.” the guy chuckled nervously as he rubbed the back of his head.
I giggled a bit. Whoa, did I just giggle? I thought confused, I never giggled before especially with a guy. Wait a minute, am I flirting?
“Do you want to go outside and talk for a while?” the guy asked.
I probably shouldn’t go outside, alone, with a boy I just met and possibly don’t even know but who knows this guy can really be the guy for me, plus I have this feeling as if i should go with him. I smiled and nodded as I set my cup on the table.
The guy walked me outside toward the gazebo, I think that’s what its called, and we began talking to each other, a few jokes here and there, and let me tell you this guy is really funny.
“So, who are you anyway?” he asked me.
I chuckled a bit, shaking my head. “I’m not going to tell you. . .your just going to have to guess,” I teased as I walked around the gazebo looking around the surrounds. It was really beautiful outside, a few stars shining up at the sky next to the full moon, the little lights that are decorated around the gazebo to make it stand out in the dark a bit, a few people were outside, they were wearing white dress shirt with a bow tie and matching black pants. They were strumming their instruments a bit, probably they are tuning it.
“Wait, how about we play twenty questions so we can figure out whose who?” he suggested appearing beside me. I thought about it and agreed with him.

Okay, we have been playing this game for 10 minutes so far and I’m getting the feeling as if this guy is Joe. He has the same likes and dislikes as Joe, he has three other brothers, he loves to write, sing and dance music, it was just getting really creepy. I keep telling myself that there’s no way that’s him, it couldn’t possibly be Joe.
Right now the mystery guy is down to his last question.
“As for my last question, can you do something for me?” the guy questioned.
“Sure,” I answered. How bad can this be?
“Can you sing to me?”
Ooo, very bad.
“Why?” I questioned. If this mystery guy is actually Joe than I may already know his answer.
“Because, I heard this girl singing in the music room at school and I want to know if its you,” the guy softly said to me as he starred up at the sky.
It is Joe, I thought in shock. What do I do? Do I sing for him or maybe I shouldn’t?
I kept asking myself these question. I took in a deep breath. What the heck, he doesn’t know who I am anyway and its not like he‘s going to find out, I thought as I began to sing This is me.

I've always been the kind of girl
That hid my face
So afraid to tell the world
What I've got to say
But I have this dream
Right inside of me
I'm gonna let it show, it's time
To let you know
To let you know

This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, now
Gonna let the light, shine on me
Now I've found, who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I want to be
This is me

Do you know what it's like
To feel so in the dark
To dream about a life
Where you're the shining star
Even though it seems
Like it's too far away
I have to believe in myself
It's the only way

This is real, This is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, now
Gonna let the light, shine on me
Now I've found, who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I want to be
This is me


“You’re the girl I’ve been looking for,” Joe exclaimed when I had finished. I smiled at him shyly. “After all of this time, I finally found you.”
“Oh, come on,” I chuckled nervously. “I can’t possible be the girl, I mean, you don’t even know who I am.”
Joe walked up to me and starred intensely right at me. “But you are, I know it, and for some odd reason, I feel as if I already know who you are or something.”
I looked away from him, anywhere but at Joe. What surprised me was when Joe grabbed hold of my hand and pulled me towards him then music started playing, we turned and saw the people playing their instruments for us. Joe and I chuckled a bit. I put my hand on top of his shoulder and he put his hand on my back, we began to slow dance. This is nice.
“Just please tell me you’re my mystery girl,” Joe begged.
I bit my lower lip as I thought about this. Well, I’m not actually telling him my name, I thought.
I sighed. “Yea, I’m her,” I admitted. That make Joe smile big, I smiled back. Joe took off his mask and looked back at me. What I wasn’t expecting was Joe’s lips meeting mine. My whole world turned upside down, it felt like we were the only two people in the entire world and nothing else mattered. Joe pulled away.
“W-what was that for?” I stuttered as I gave him a shy smile.
Joe just shrugged. “It felt like the right moment to do so,” Joe smiled. Joe was about to remove my mask until I saw Carol waving at me that it was time.
Oh, no, why now? I thought as I stopped Joe’s hands from going any further. “Um, I’m sorry but I really have to go, I, uh, have a curfew,” I lied as I quickly began to head towards where Carol still was telling me to hurry up. Joe grabbed my hand, making me stop.
“Can I at least know who you are?” Joe questioned.
I shook my head. “I’m sorry but no,” I said. I pulled my hand away as I picked up my pace.
“Come on,” I said once I reached Carol. Nick was waiting for us out front. Carol and I ran through the ballroom and up the stairs not stopping. Joe was calling after me to wait but I couldn’t turn around, I really needed to get home before Nina or else I’ll be dead.

Nick was already waiting for us with his car at the front of the hotel. Carol and I got in quickly then Nick sped out of the hotel’s parking lot.
I sighed in relief as I took off my mask, I checked the time it was only 15 minutes until midnight.
“Nick, can you drive any faster?” I demanded as I took off the high heels, I sat in the backseat, freaking out about what just happened between Joe and me. I kept replaying the kiss in my head over and over again.
Then I felt the car slowing down until it came to a complete stop.
"Freak, we ran out of gas," Nick stated.
“No, no, no, this can’t be happening,” I panicked as I grabbed my heels and mask and ran out of the car and ran all the way home.
I made it home when I saw Nina’s limo about to turn the corner of the street. I ran as fast as I could but with this dress it was kind of hard to run, I arrived inside and headed upstairs towards Nina’s room. The employees were just about to leave until I told them to get back inside because she was coming already, they hide in Nina’s huge closest. I heard the front door open and ran for my room.
When I got in there, I through my mask and heels to the side and unzipped the dress, when I unzipped I placed it on top of my bed and grabbed a pair of shorts and a shirt, and ran back to Nina’s room and sat on top of her bed, trying to catch my breath, acting as if nothing happened.
Nina walked in the room looking tired and inspecting the room.
“I see you followed orders,” Nina commented as she sat next to me.
Nina sighed deeply. “I’m tired,” Nina said before she fell on top of my lap asleep caughting me of guard.
The employees quickly and quietly ran out of the room and I waved bye and whispered a thank you to them as they left.
Nina was still asleep in my lap but suddenly fell on the ground still asleep.
I laughed a bit but covered it with my hand so Nina couldn’t hear it.
I headed back to my room and got myself ready for bed. I hung the dress at the far back of my closest so Nina couldn’t find it.
I laid on my bed, tired from all of the running and fell to sleep dreaming about Joe and me. My last thought before I fell asleeep was. . .My first was absolutely magical.

Joe's (P.O.V)
Great, now I won't know who my mystery girl is, I thought frustated. I was about to head back to the backroom until I saw something sparkle under the moonlight. I got closer to it and notice it was two bracelets. These must be my mystery girl's bracelets, she must have dropped them when she was in a hurry to leave.
I put the bracelets in my pants pocket and walked back to the ballroom to find Josh since he was my ride home. All through the night I kept thinking about her and looking at her bracelets. The mystery girl just reminded so much of someone but I just remember who and these two bracelets belong to someone I know too but who? I'm going to find out who the mystery girl is even if it kills me.
♠ ♠ ♠
finally part 2 is out, i'm really sorry it took me so long to post it up but my life is getting really complicated and its hard for me to write a chapter then type it out on my laptop then to post it up. So it may be awhile until the next chapter is up because i have semester exams coming up next week and i really need to pass them or else my parents will kill me if i fail then, i'm getting drowned in homework then i'm doing a lot of babysitting because i'm trying to earn money for a cell phone and photoshop and then i'm having problems with my parents and other stuff so please don't get too impatient but when i do have the time i'll work on the chapter.
Oh and there will be a story that i'm going to be posting up soon, i'm still working on the title but the first chapter will be up soon. And don't forget to check out my other story, Rape and subscribe and comment to it too.
COMMENTS?
BANNERS?
SUBSCRIBERS?
COMMENTS + SUBSCRIBERS = FASTER UPDATES