I Can't Do It Alone

Sooner Than You Think

Tia waited on Brooklyn and Jocelyn to arrive at the apartment. They were planning on going shopping today because the charity event was only three days away, and Tia still had yet to find a dress. Kris still made her promise not to go anywhere by herself, so she was waiting on the other two to get there so she could leave with them.

The day after the guys had gotten back, the letters began coming to Kris’s apartment, and Tia assumed that the stalker had finally figured out that she had moved. She didn’t know how he knew that she was staying with Kris, and she didn’t want to think about it.

The letters were still as disturbing as before, with the last one saying that he was upset that she was still with Kris, and he was going to do everything he could do to get her to be his. Tia shuddered, just thinking about it, and she jumped when she heard the doorbell ring.

She walked over to the door, looking out the peephole to see Brooklyn standing outside. Tia opened the door, and her eyes widened when she saw Jocelyn with a package and an envelope in her hand. “Please tell me that’s not what I think it is,” Tia pleaded.

“Sorry,” Jocelyn apologized. “It was sitting here when we got here,” she explained, holding them out to Tia.

Tia grabbed them, opening the package first. Inside was a red, lacy piece of lingerie. As soon as she lifted it up and realized what it was, she immediately threw it back into the box, about ready to vomit. “Oh my God,” Brooklyn said slowly. “What kind of sick motherfucker is this person?”

“What does the letter say?” Jocelyn asked.

“I don’t want to know,” Tia said, giving her the envelope. “You read it.”

Jocelyn opened the envelope, holding the letter out so everyone could read it.

Tia,

I hope you like your present. I picture you wearing this every single night while I dream about you. And, this will be what you wear the first night we’re together, which will be sooner than you think.

I think I’m about ready to reveal myself to you. I can’t wait much longer to have you in my bed, with my arms wrapped around you.

I love you.


“What the fuck?” Jocelyn yelled, and she looked over at Tia to see that she looked as if she were about ready to faint. “Tia, are you okay?” she asked her urgently.

“Come sit down,” Brooklyn told her, ushering her over to the couch. “Jocelyn, do you want to call Tanger and leave him a message telling him to get back as soon as possible?” she asked, looking over at her sister. Jocelyn nodded, walking into the kitchen to call him. “Tia, it’s going to be okay,” Brooklyn tried calming her, rubbing her back.

“No, it’s not,” Tia cried. “Did you read that? I don’t even know what to do,” she told her.

“We are not going to leave you alone ever, okay?” Brooklyn told her as Jocelyn walked back into the room. Brooklyn looked up at Jocelyn, silently asking her if she had called.

“I left him a message, along with Sid,” Jocelyn replied, and Tia nodded.

An hour later, the front door opened, and Max, Sid, and Kris came jogging into the apartment. Kris immediately went to Tia, who was still sitting in the same position on the couch, looking extremely pale. Brooklyn stood up walking over to Max, while Kris took her place next to Tia. “What happened?” he asked, looking up at Brooklyn and Jocelyn.

“She got another letter and gift,” Jocelyn replied, holding up the lingerie and then handing him the letter, which he passed to Max and Sid to read afterwards.

“Tia,” Kris said, wrapping his arm around her, not really knowing what to say to comfort her. Tia buried her head in his chest, finally letting the tears she had been holding in out.

Kris looked up at the other four in the room, hoping for some advice as to how to help Tia at the moment. He continued holding her, letting her cry.

The following day, Brooklyn and Jocelyn once again came over, ready to take Tia shopping for a dress. Unlike the previous day, there was no letter or gift, and Tia was immensely grateful for that. She gave Kris a quick kiss goodbye before she got into the car with Brooklyn and Jocelyn.

The entire trip, they made sure to not talk about anything that would remind Tia of the stalker. “So, I bought my first bridal magazine,” Brooklyn stated, not knowing what else to say.

“Did you?” Tia asked excitedly. “I am so excited for you and Max,” she told her.

“I am, too,” Brooklyn smiled. “And, we actually set a date.”

“When?” Jocelyn asked.

“July 7th,” Brooklyn answered. “It would be after the season, but before the baby is due, which is what we both want.”

“That’s great,” Tia said sincerely. “I’m already looking forward to it,” she told her before turning around to look at Jocelyn. “So, have you and Sid talked about you leaving?”

“Um, yeah, a little bit,” Jocelyn told her. “We’re still working through some things, but for the most part, we’re okay with it. God, I can’t believe that next week I’ll be in California,” she said, suddenly realizing how close it was until the time she left.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do without you here,” Tia told her.

“Thanks,” Jocelyn said with a smile as she pulled into a parking space at the dress shop. “But, let’s not think about that today. Today is all about finding you a dress that is gorgeous and will make Kris want to jump you,” she said jokingly.

“I’m pretty sure Kris wants to jump you all the time,” Brooklyn joked.

“Says the pregnant lady,” Tia retorted, and the other two laughed as they walked into the store.

“Can I help you ladies with anything?” a lady asked as soon as they entered the store.

“Um, we’re just looking around,” Brooklyn told her, walking over to one wall and looking at the dresses. “So,” she asked, turning around towards Tia. “What type of dress are you looking for?”

“Well, one that I can dance in,” Tia began. “And, one that I don’t look like a slut in,” she added.

“So, not this one?” Jocelyn asked, holding up a short, black mini-dress that dipped low in the front. “Because, I’m sure Kris wouldn’t complain.” Tia hit her lightly in the arm, causing Jocelyn to drop the dress. “What? I’m just saying, Kris would love this,” she repeated.

“Yes, but I would never be caught dead in it,” Tia told her, and Jocelyn put it back on the rack.

“What about this one?” Brooklyn asked, and Tia spun around, expecting to find another mini-dress. Instead, she found a pink, strapless, satin, tea-length dress.

“Do you think Kris would like it?” Tia asked, grabbing the dress out of her hand and glancing at the size to see Brooklyn had picked the right one.

“Are you kidding me?” Jocelyn asked. “Kris would like it if you showed up in a paper bag,” she joked.

“Seriously, he’ll love you in it,” Brooklyn told her.

Tia turned around to look at the lady who had asked if they needed any help. “I’ll take it,” she smiled at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
The charity event will be up next. And, the stalker will be revealed sooooooon!

Comments are greatly appreciated =)