Status: Getting There Slowly

Dirty Sunshine

Chapter 5

Jacob's Pov

It's been two weeks since the incident between Justine and Derek. she hasn't answered any of his phone calls and he had been blowing up her voice mail saying he's sorry and that he loves her. Bullshit if you love someone you don't treat them like that. this morning Gregg took Justine out to help him pick out an engagement ring for her mom. i have become very comfortable here Rachel treated me as if i was her own son, and it was nice to have a mother figure. i walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Rachel had just finished making some pancakes.

"good morning Jacob" she said handing me a full plate.

"good morning." i took the plate and sat down at the kitchen table. i took bite. "i love your cooking." i said with practically a full mouth.

"thank you, I'm glad you enjoy it so much." Rachel laughed and sat down across from me. "so" she said before taking a sip of her coffee."is there anything going on with you and me daughter?" i almost choked on the pancake in my mouth. "um..no." i wasn't lying there really wasn't....yet.

"are you sure?"

"yes"

"oh to bad you two are perfect for each other"

"really!?" i asked a little bit to excited. she smiled a grin from ear to ear. "oh i see, you like her." i couldn't deny it.

"yeah i do"

"you know she likes you too."

"she told you she likes me?"

"she didn't have to, i can see it in her eyes by the way she looks at you. I'm just glad she finally broke up with Derek there was just something about him that i didn't like." i finished my breakfast and put my plate in the sink. i was just going to ask Rachel how i would go about asking Justine out when i heard the front door shut. "mom were home."

Rachel gave me another big smile."in here." she yelled out. Gregg and Justine walked in to the kitchen. "hey Jake." she walked over to me and stood leaned against the counter.

"what were you two talking about you both have suspicious looks?"

"nothing" i said avoiding her gaze. i knew she wasn't going to let it go, but Rachel saved me by starting a new conversation. "so Gregg i was thinking that since our anniversary is coming up that we should go have some alone time in a romantic hotel."

"anything you want sounds good to me." Gregg gave her a kiss on the cheek and started to serve himself some breakfast. "great i will go make the reservations for tonight."

"tonight" Justine asked surprised. "why so soon?"

"Just feel like spending some time with Gregg that's all" Rachel got up and walked out of the kitchen. i knew she was up yo something.

*************************************************************************************************
[[THAT NIGHT]]

Rachel and Gregg had all their bags packed and were ready to leave. "bye mom" Justine gave her mom a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "bye Gregg" she did the same to him. "bye sweetheart. bye Jake" Rachel gave me a tight hug. "okay we will be back in a couple of days you have our cell phone numbers if anything happens. behave you two." she winked at me and walked out the door with Gregg and closed the door behind them.

I smiled to myself. her mom actually wanted us to get together and that made me happy. Justine turned around quickly to face me. "what was that about?" she asked

"what?"

"she winked at you."

"no she didn't"

"she did to."

"i don't know what you are talking about." i said walking up the stairs. Justine followed me. "don't walk away from me you liar."

"liar. okay now I'm insulted."

"oh really?"

"yes really" she laughed and walked past me into her bedroom. i followed her and laid on her bed. "making your self comfortable?" she asked amused.

"yes i am actually" i put my hands underneath her pillow to get more relaxed. "before you get to comfortable, can you go in my dresser and get me a shirt please."

I got up and opened the top draw. "no not that one!" she practically yelled. i was taken back by her tone. i was about to close the draw when a small box caught my attention. i smirk spread across my face. "oh why Justine what do we have here?" i said pulling out the box.