Status: finished, [:

Black Heart

chapter twelve.

“NO WAY!” I yelled at my dad. I couldn’t believe this shit! He couldn’t do this to me. There was me, my dad, and these people. My dad decided it would be an oh so awesome idea to arrange me in a marriage with a complete stranger.

“Yes Sam, you are marrying him whether you like it or not.” My dad said calmly.

“This isn’t fair! I’m not marrying him. I have Cade!” I was on the brink of tears.

“Cade? Who the hell is Cade?” Damn, I never told dad about him.

“He’s my boyfriend.” he sighed.

“Well now he’s your ex boyfriend.” My eyes widened.

“Oh, Hell No! Cade and I are not breaking up!” I was pissed.

“You have to Sammie, you can’t stay Cade’s girlfriend when you’re going to marry Daniel.” My dad stated.

“Oh, screw Daniel!” I yelled.

“You’ll be doing that on our honeymoon,” I heard someone say. I turned my head and saw four people that I guess were the others out to fuck up my life.

“Oh never noticed you all came back.” My dad smiled.

“This your girl Steve?” A man asked, he had grayish hair and was a little on the old side. Must be a friend of my father.

“Yeah, Sam this is Paul, his wife Grace, their daughter Roxie, and their son, your new fiancé, Daniel.”

I rolled my eyes at them and mumbled a ‘hi’. Daniel smiled and stepped forward.

“Nice to meet you Sam.” I rolled my eyes.

“Go rot in hell, asshole.” He took my hand and I jerked my hand away.

“Don’t you ever fucking touch me ever again!” My dad and Daniel’s parents went to have an ‘adult conversation’ in the kitchen and left Daniel, Roxie, and me in the living room.

“Don’t be so mean to me babe.” he smiled as he looked me up and down. Pig.

“Don’t you fucking call me babe! Do you understand that?” I yelled at him. I was tired as shit so I hurried to my room and locked the door. I definitely had to call Cade . He had to know what was happening. I grabbed my cell out my back pocket and dialed his number, waiting to hear his voice as the phone continued to ring.

“Hello?” It was Cade, that made a small smile form my face.

“Hi.” I sniffled.

“What’s up babe? You okay?” he was worried already.

“No! my dad wants me t-to marry that ass and break up with you! I don’t want to C-Cade.” I was crying now.

“It’ll be okay Sam, I’ll come get you right now and we’ll get out of here!” Cade’s voice was distant as a knock hit my door.

“Sweetie? Let me in.” I heard Daniel say.

“Who was that Sam?” Cade’s voice came from the phone.

“Just get to the Oak Tree okay? I’ll meet you there.” I sighed

“We’ll get through this Sam, I’ll see you soon. Love you.” I smiled.

“Always and forever.” I ended the call with tears in my eyes.

“C’mon Sam! Let your soon to be hubby in your room!” he was still knocking on the door.

“No.” I said and opened the window. I grabbed my duffel bag that I’d bring to Cade’s house when I’d stay over, and climbed down the railing. When I reached the ground I ran straight to the park. I was crying, but I figured I would be by now. I saw the Oak Tree in view, and noticed Cade was already there. He looked up and saw me running towards him and hurried to hug me and comfort the tears away.

“It’ll be okay Sam, believe me it will.” I shook my head and buried it in his chest.

“We’ll run away together Sam, just you and me!”

“No! what about Kate?” I started sobbing again.

He sighed, “She wont find out until we’re gone.”

I nodded sadly. “I love you.” I sniffled and he kissed my forehead.

“Always and Forever.” he finished. “Now lets go.” he grabbed my hand and we started our way to his truck. We were so close, but one thing stood in our way. Daniel. How the hell did he find me?

“Cade, that’s the ass I have to marry..” I whispered. Cade looked at him then back down at me.

“Can I have my fiancée now?” Daniel asked. He was clearly aggravated.

Cade glared, “No you can not have MY girlfriend.” I looked up at Cade with worry as he pulled me closer to him.

“You forgot the ex part of that. She’s your ex girlfriend.” Daniel took a step closer to me and I took a step back.

“Leave me alone Daniel.”

“Aw, c’mon baby. Don’t be like this. You have to come back with me, there’s no way out of it.” he kept coming closer, I looked at Cade and sighed. Was there a way out of this? I wasn’t sure anymore. I just stood there, not sure of what to do. It was like I had entered my own little world. All of a sudden, I’m being dragged away. I look at Daniel, who was not only smirking , but he was the asshole dragging me back home. I turned my head to look at Cade. He was motionless on the ground.

“What did you do to him!?” I yelled, trying to pull away.

“Stop squirming Sam. All I did was kick him.” I was still trying to pull away, and finally I was free, but that was after I bit him. I started running to Cade, and almost made it to, but the jackass picked me up and carried me over his shoulder.

“I hate you.” I muttered.

“Love you too honey.” he smirked as he walked all the way back to my house.



“Thank God! I thought you were kidnapped, or killed, or gone forever!” Grace exclaimed as she ran to hug me.

“Where have you been Sam?” My dad was angry. He never got angry at me. “I was with Cade, the guy I love!” I yelled and stormed off into my room, slamming the door as the tears fell from my eyes. Why me? I can’t take this shit anymore! I ran to my closet to get some more clothes. Since I left the other duffel bag at the park. I opened the door and looked around. Nothing, everything was gone. I screamed.