‹ Prequel: Hello Beautiful
Status: Active.

Always and Forever

Chapter Eleven.

A few days after Nick’s party the phone rang in the middle of the night, I nudged Joe to answer it, “You pick it up,” he mumbled as his grip tightened around my body.

I groaned, “You answer it, babe,” I said tiredly as I curled up to him, “It’s on your side.”

The phone rang again and I could hear Joe snoring softly, I groaned, got up and reached across him, “Hello?” I said as I answered the phone.

“Honey, it’s me, Denise,” Denise said she sounded upset, “I just wanted to let you guys know that we had to rush Nick to the hospital.”

All of a sudden I was completely awake, “Oh my god!” I said loudly, “Is he okay?”

I felt my heart sink. He is my best friend; I couldn’t help but be worried about him.

“They are in the process of injecting him right now, his blood sugar hit rock bottom,” she began to explain, “He hasn’t gained consciousness yet.”

I felt the tears in my eyes start to form, this had happened three times since Nick had been diagnosed, and every time it does I get scared to death.

“We’ll be there in a few minutes,” I said hanging up the phone and pushing Joe, “Get up! Get up now!” he groaned but didn’t wake up, “Nick’s in the hospital, Joe, we have to go!”

His eyes shot open, “What?” he said looking at me as he stood up and saw that I was crying, “Calm down, baby, what’s wrong?”

“H-h-his blood s-s-sugar got r-r-really low,” I said stuttering like crazy as I began to throw on some clothes, “H-h-he’s unconscious.”

“Alright, alright, we’ll go,” he said rubbing my back lightly, “Calm down, I’m sure he’s going to be fine.”

Just then Lundyn stumbled in rubbing her eyes, “Why is everyone awake?” she asked tiredly as she looked at us, “Why are you crying?”

Joe kneeled down to her level, “Nick’s in the hospital, Lund,” he said to her, “We have to go and see him, I need you to be a good girl and get dressed okay?”

Her lip began to quiver, which made me cry even harder, “Is he okay?” she asked sadly.

“I’m sure he’s fine,” he said as he forced a smile, “Now, hurry up, and go get dressed, okay?”

She nodded softly as I began to brush my hair quickly and she walked out of the room.

Joe pulled on a pair of pants and he looked up at me, “Hey, stop, baby, stop, stop,” he said walking towards me and grabbing my hands, “You’re going to pull out your hair if you do it like that.”

“I’m fine,” I said pulling my hands out of his grasp and began to brush my hair the same way that I was before but he stop me again.

“No you’re not,” he said placing his hands on my waist and pulling me close to him, “You need to calm down okay, you always do this, he’s going to be fine.”

I groaned and pushed myself off of him, “Stop it! You don’t know that!” I shouted at him, “Are you a doctor? No! Are you a hundred percent sure that’s he’s okay? No, you can’t! So, stop saying it if you don’t know!”

“Baby, I know you’re worried but getting upset isn’t going to fix anything,” he said trying to calm me down, “So, just chill.”

“Don’t tell me to chill!” I shouted at him again as I slipped on some flats, “Nick’s in the hospital right now, unconcious, and you’re telling me to chill! Ugh!”

He sighed in frustration, “Fine, I tried,” he said as he stormed off into the bathroom and slamming the door.

Ten minutes later we were piled in the car and we headed to the hospital, “Can’t you drive any faster?” I asked Joe as I crossed my arms in front of me, “Any other time you’re above the darn speed limit and now in an emergency you decide to drive like a snail.”

He ignored my comment, “Lund, you’re buckled up back there right?” he asked Lundyn as he looked into the rear view mirror.

“Yes, I have it on,” she mumbled sadly, “Don’t go too fast, I learned if you drive too fast you can have a car accident.”

“Oh, don’t worry, I’m not, she’s just throwing a fit,” he said smiling at her slightly.

“Shut up, okay, I’m not, I’m sorry if I care about your brother and I’m sorry for wanting to be there with him when he’s in the damn hospital,” I said snapping at him.

He glared at me, “Don’t cuss in front of her alright,” he said to me, “I care about him too, okay? But if I speed then what’s going to happen Jewel, huh? I’ll get a ticket, right? Or we’ll get in an accident, right? Then we won’t see him at all, do you want that?”

I rolled my eyes, “Whatever, just drive,” I said to him as I looked out the window.

“Whatever, just stop being a brat,” he said under his breath but I heard him.

I shot him a dirty look, “Oh, real mature, Joe,” I said to him as my voice rose, “Quit being a jerk alright?”

“I’ll quit being a jerk if you quit being a brat,” he said as he looked at me and then back at road.

“Stop fighting!” Lundyn said from the backseat, “It’s not nice to fight.”

“Sorry,” Joe and I both mumbled at the same time.

Five minutes later, we arrived at the hospital and found a place to park. There was a swarm of photographers there as we attempted to make our way to the entrance.

“Joe! Why is your brother here!” One shouted.

Joe picked up Lundyn, “Put your face into my neck, Lund,” he said as she nodded and did what she was told.

“Is it serious?” Another shouted, “Did Nick die?”

I turned back and looked at the one who said, “No, he’s not dead!” I shouted at him furiously, Joe pulled me against his body and forced me to walk with him.

“That’s the last thing we need, just ignore them,” he said to me as he guided me into the hospital.

I suppose he was right, that was the last thing we need.

“Nicholas Jonas’ room please,” I asked impatienly to the lady that was behind the desk, she was looking down at her clipboard.

She groaned without looking up, “I’m going to tell you the same thing that I told the other fifty people, no one’s getting in there unless they’re family,” she said in a frustrated tone.

“Well, if you took the time to look up from your damn clipboard you’d know it’s his brother,” I said to her rudely which earned me a nudge from Joe.

The lady looked up quickly, “Oh, my deepest apologies,” she said in an apologetic tone, “Room 705.”

“Thank you,” Joe said to her thankfully as he grabbed my hand and we made our way to the elevator.

“You need to stop, right now,” he said pointing a finger at me as the elevator door closed.

I crossed my arms and leaned against the side, “Sorry,” I said softly as I sighed sadly, “I’m just worried about him, okay? I’m sure once I see him, I’ll be fine.”

He ran his fingers through my hair and nodded, “I love you,” he said pressing his lips against my forehead.

“Love you, too,” I said softly as the doors opened and I ran out of the elevator and began to look for room 705.

“Jewel!” I heard a voice say I turned to see Frankie running up to me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Hey Frankie,” I said hugging him back, “How’s Nick doing?”

We pulled away from the hug, “Um, well, he woke up and now he’s resting,” he said explaining to me as he guided me to Nick’s room, “You can go see him, no one’s in there, everyone’s in the lounge a few doors down.”

“Alright, thanks Frankie,” I said to him and then he walked off with Lundyn, I turned to grab Joe’s hand, “Come on.”

There was a small window on the door to his room and I looked in to see Nick starring at the wall, “He’s awake,” I said opening the door and then Nick turned and ours connected, I let go of Joe’s hand as I ran to Nick’s side and threw my arms around him.

“Hi,” he said hugging me back, I could hear the smile in voice.

“How are you doing bro?” Joe asked rubbing his head full of curls.

“I’ve had better days,” Nick said as he smiled slightly.

“Jesus, Nick, I was so worried about you,” I said looking at him with tears in my eyes.

“You always worry about me,” he said looking at me and grabbing my hand, “I’m fine now.”

“What happened? Weren’t you monitoring your blood?” Joe asked as he sat next to him, “You’ve been good about that lately.”

Nick shrugged, “I didn’t eat much yesterday,” he said truthfully.

“I went over yesterday morning and you were fine,” Joe said to him.

“Yeah, I didn’t eat anything after you left,” Nick said softly.

I glanced at Joe, “I thought you were going to the store yesterday morning?” I said as I raised my eyebrow at him, “Why’d you go over there?”

“Just need to tell my family something, I needed their input,” Joe said smiling at me.

“Input on what?” I asked him curiously.

“Nothing,” Nick said rudely which earned him a glare from Joe, which he noticed, “Just some stuff for the new album, right, Joe?”

“Right,” Joe said to him as he forced a smile, “I’m going to check on mom, you probably have her worried sick.”

I watched Joe get up, then he bent down and pressed his lips against mine, it wasn’t a soft kiss it was a rough one once we parted I said, “I’ll catch up with you.”

He nodded and grinned, “I love you,” he said to me.

“I love you, too,” I said smiling at him as he walked out of the room, I looked at Nick and he was playing with his fingers, “So, why didn’t you eat anything?”

Nick shrugged, “Wasn’t hungry,” he said simply.

“You’re always hungry,” I said laughing slightly, “Did Joe say something that upset you or what?”

It took him a moment to answer, “…No,” he said after awhile and he looked away.

I grabbed his face and made him look at me, his eyes were full of tears, “What’s wrong, Nick?” I asked him worridly, “Tell me, I’m your best friend.”

“Fine, you want to know what got me upset and made me lose my appetite?” he spat in some what of a mad and sad tone then I nodded carefully not knowing what was going to come out of his mouth, “He’s been looking for engagement rings for you!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-Oh. :-/
Ideas?

Comments=Updates!