‹ Prequel: Hello Beautiful
Status: Active.

Always and Forever

Chapter Ten.

Image

It’s been about two weeks since my Aunt and Uncle dropped off my cousin Lundyn and thankfully she has adapted to the Jonas atmosphere and doesn’t freak out every time one of them touches her. It was the day of Nick’s surprise party and I had the job of distracting Nick and taking him to the mall while everyone set up for his party it was originally Bailey’s job but plans were changed last minute.

“I don’t see why you have to be the one to take him out,” Joe said as he put on his shirt, “He has a girlfriend that was supposed to do it.”

I shrugged, “I don’t know, baby, Bailey called me and said she couldn’t do it,” I explained to him as I applied my eyeliner, “She didn’t say why.”

Joe just sighed, “Whatever, anyway, what did you get him for his birthday?” he asked curiously.

I smiled, “Well, I talked your dad into finding out Costello’s number and he did, so I called him and invited him to the party,” I said to him.

Joe’s jaw dropped, “Are you kidding me?” he asked, “Is he going to show?”

I nodded, “I talked to him and he said he’d love to, he said he was really fond of Nick so it would be a pleasure,” I said to him.

“All I got him was I guitar,” Joe said as he frowned, “You’re going to make everyone look bad.”

I laughed, “Nah, I doubt it,” I said as I placed my hands on the inside of his jeans and pulled him towards me, “You look great.”

He grinned down at me and placed a light kiss on my lips, “You look even better,” he said wrapping his arms around my body, “I love you.”

I kissed him again, “I love you, too,” I said and then pulled away, “I’m going to pick up Nick and take him to the mall; I’ll see you at your parent’s house tonight.”

He groaned, “Alright, have fun,” he said pecking my lips one more time.

I grinned, “I will and make sure Lundyn’s clothes are matching this time,” I said patting his butt playfully, “Bye, baby.”

I got into my car and headed to the Jonas’ house and about fifteen minutes later I was parked outside. I walked inside and realized no one was around so I walked upstairs and into Nick’s room.

“Happy birthday, Nick!” I shouted as I wrapped my arms around his body.

“Woah,” he said laughing lightly as he managed to keep from falling.

I planted seventeen kisses on his cheeks and counted each one of them off.

“Thank you for that unexpected greeting,” he said as we laughed together.

I giggled, “You’re very welcome,” I said enthusiastically, “Where’s Bailey?”

His smiled, “She left,” he said to me.

My face scrunched up, “Where did you she go?” I asked curiously.

“Back home,” he said as he sprayed some of his cologne on himself.

“What? Why!” I asked him, “What happened?”

“We broke up yesterday and she took the first flight out this morning,” he explained.

“You broke up a day before you birthday?” I asked in shocked, “What happened? I mean what was the reasoning.”

“I just wasn’t the feeling the relationship anymore,” he said to me, “So, I ended it.”

“Wow, well, is she okay? Why didn’t she call me?” I asked him.

“Because I kind of told her you were one of the reasons I wasn’t feeling it anymore,” he said to me, “Which probably upset her.”

My eyes widened, “Oh my god! Why!” I said it him, “Now she probably hates me and she’s my cousin!”

He shook his head, “Nah, she doesn’t hate you,” he said to me truthfully, “She’s mad at me.”

I sighed in relief, “Good,” I said to him, “Anyway, where is everyone at?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know, everyone had something to do today, and not one person said happy birthday to me except for you,” he said sadly, “How sad, huh.”

I laughed, “I’m sure everyone’s just busy,” I said to him surely, “You know everyone loves you.”

He laughed sarcastically, “Yeah, right,” he said.

A little while later Nick finished getting ready and we left to the mall. We walked around and bonded for a good three hours. I hadn’t hung out with Nick by myself in awhile so I really enjoyed myself. The only thing that I didn’t like was the fact that I get tiny butterflies when we’re alone. Always. They are nothing compared to the ones that I get when I’m with Joe but they are still there and I have a really hard time ignoring their existence.

Everything’s set up, bby, you can bring him now. – Joe <3 Jewel

I read the text message and smiled up at Nick who was looking at shirt, “Time to go,” I announced and grabbed his arm.

“What? Why?” he asked as I started to pull him out of the store, “Can I at least buy the shirt?”

I stopped and sighed, “Alright, hurry up though,” I said to him as I let his arm ago.

His made a face, “Why are you in such a hurry?” he asked me curiously as he grabbed the shirt and began to walk to the register.

“Because…I really have to pee,” I lied with a smile and he laughed.

After he paid for the shirt I had to go to the bathroom to pretend I had to use and then we left the store and walked to the car.

“I hope you like what I got you for your birthday,” I said smiling at him as I linked my arm into his.

He stopped and pulled me against him, “If its yourself then I’m more than happy,” he said looking into my eyes with a smile.

I sighed as I ran up my hands up and down his arms, “No, it’s not me,” I said to him softly.

He frowned, “Why not?” he said in a whining tone than made me giggle.

“Because, Nick,” I said to him as I pressed my lips against his cheek, “Just because.”

We drove to the house and there wasn’t any cars in sight when we got there, I wonder where everyone parked.

“Wow, still no one’s home,” Nick said as he huffed to himself, “I feel the love now.”

I shook my head at him, we got out and walked through the door.

“SURPRISE!” Everyone shouted.

“Holy shit!” Nick said had he jumped back, I guess it scared him.

Everyone got silent all of a sudden and then bursted into laughter.

“Nicholas, watch your language!” Denise scolded him.

Nick dropped his hands from his heart, took a deep breath, and laughed, “I wasn’t expecting to get scared half to death, sorry,” he said looking at her.

Joe wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my cheek, “Did you have fun today?” he asked me.

I nodded, “Yeah, we bonded,” I said smiling up at him, “Did you know that Bailey and Nick broke up?”

He nodded, “I found out earlier,” he said, “Did he try anything with you?”

I rolled my eyes, “No, Joe,” I said to him, “He didn’t.”

The party was just getting started and everyone was having a great time, thirty minutes into it I heard a voice that made my ears bleed, “Nicky! Surprise!”

I knew exactly who it was. Miley.

I turned to look at her and her arms were wrapped around Nick’s body.

“Miley, what are you doing here?” he asked politely hugging her back.

“Sorry I’m late,” she said giggling as she ran her hands through his har, “Joe called me late last night and it was the earliest flight I could get out here.”

My eyes went wide and turned to look at Joe, “You called her?” I said glaring at him, “Why?”

He shrugged, “We needed more party guests,” he said looking at me.

“I would have rather you invite ten homeless people than invite her!” I said to him.

“Well, it’s a good thing I did because he just broke up with Bailey, he needs some cheering up,” he said.

“But why her?” I said angerly, “Ugh!”

“I really don’t want to fight in the middle of my brother’s party,” he said placing his arms around my waist but I pushed him off.

“I’m not going to fight with you but I’m not going to pretend like there’s nothing wrong either,” I said as I looked at him rudely then the door bell rang, “Who else did you invite, Joe? Taylor?”

He rolled his eyes as I walked to the door and opened it, “Costello!” I said excitedly, “You made it!”

He laughed, “Jewel, right?” he said as he shook my hand and I nodded, “Thanks for the invite, I’m more than happy to be here.”

I guided him to the living room where everyone greeted him warmly.

“Let me go get Nick,” I said to him with a grin, “You’re my birthday present to him.”

I walked to the kitchen to see Nick leaning against the counter talking to Miley who was all over him, “Sorry to interupt,” I said getting in between the two, “But, Nick, my present is here.”

“What is it?” he asked curiously as I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the living room.

“Surprise,” I said smiling at him and pointing at Costello.

Nick’s jaw dropped and looked at me, “You got him to come to my birthday?” he asked with a huge grin and he wrapped his arms around me and spun me around, “I love you so much more right now, thank you.”

I laughed, kissed his cheek, and hugged him back, “Good, now put me down and go talk to your hero,” I said as he put me down, “And you’re welcome.”

He laughed and walked over to Costello with a bright smile and began to strike up a conversation.

Hours later the party came to an end. Lundyn and Frankie had already crashed out in the movie room. Everyone had left except for the Devil’s spawn, Miley. It didn’t surprise me though, she was mildly obsessed with Nick. She hasn’t left the poor kid alone all night. Everyone could tell that Nick was getting annoyed by her, it was so obvious. I still can’t believe Joe invited her, I don’t know what he was thinking.

“You ready to go home?” Joe said softly to me. I hadn’t spoken to him since our little argument.

“Would you like to bring Miley along?” I asked him as I crossed my arms.

He rolled his eyes, “Stop it,” he said sighing, “Alright, I admit, inviting her wasn’t a good idea, I’m sorry.”

I shrugged, “What were you thinking, Joe?” I asked him, “I mean seriously, of all people.”

“I said I’m sorry,” he said.

“You should really apologize to Nick,” I said to him.

Joe laughed lightly, “You’re right, he’s been getting harrassed all night long,” he said trying to lighten the mood.

Just then Nick came storming down the stairs with Miley following him, “Jesus, why can’t you just leave me alone!” he said rudely, “Do you not understand that I don’t want to be with you anymore.”

“But Nick-” she started but he cut her off.

“But Nick nothing! We can be friends alright,” he said to her as he voice rose, “But friends is where I draw the line.”

My eyes widened and I buried my face in Joe’s chest to stop myself from laughing.

“Alright, fine, whatever!” she shouted at him, “I don’t care anymore, good bye, Nick!”

And with that I heard the front door shut and then I laughed uncontrollably.

“Don’t laugh,” Nick said laughing slightly, “It’s not funny.”

I looked him and then the three of us laughed, “Yeah, it was.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = Updates.

I know, I know, this update is majorly late. -hides- But I've been working on another story titled "Fly With Me". Anyway, I'm hoping to start updating this one more regularly again.

Ideas anyone?