Let's Get Reckless.

People Die All The Time

It’s been a few weeks and me and Joe are almost inseparable. Everyone on set has noticed the change, and I think they are glad. I laugh now, I talk and operate nicely with everyone I come in contact with. But my favorite part of hanging out with Joe was the things we did. It was all so fun! Like jet skiing. That’s amazing. At first I was terrified of the machine, trying to get out of it by saying we could crash. Joe told me that possibility was highly unlikely and eventually I gave in, like always.

Of course, these rendezvous had their downsides. Like the attention. Photographers seemed to love stalking us like they were waiting for us to do something wrong. Probably waiting for a kiss or something. Bleh, I wouldn’t be stupid enough to do that in public. Or…at all! I mean I’m no whore, I have morals.

“So what are we doing today?” I asked Joe as we walked over to get a golf cart. That’s how we’ve been traveling out here. I can say it’s much funner. Oh God, that isn’t even a word! Anyway, Joe is careful to let me drive. I almost road into a pond once and I haven’t been given a chance.

It’s funny because it’s like, the way I act is effortless. Like I’ve been this way the whole time, just never let my guard down. I think even Joe was surprised at me sometimes. Other times, it was like he expected. And at other times, he was more of and adult than I was, which is infinitely sad to say. He has the immature rep, not me.

“You’ll see,” He smiled that special smile, pretty teeth and all.

“Joe?” I asked, cautiously.

“Yep?”

“Can I please please please drive? I promise I’ll stay calm.”

“I don’t know…”

“I promise! Please! I feel left out never getting to drive.”

“Fine,” He rolled his eyes and I clapped before getting in on the driver side.

--

“Parasailing. I know you’re not serious!” I said turning back to go back to the cart but Joe grabbed my arm.

“C’mon, Maddy! Don’t be a baby!” Yeah, he made a nickname out of my last name. Dork.

“Yeah, right! I’m no baby. I just don’t want to die.”

“Oh I get it, you’re chicken.” I narrowed my eyes at the remark.

“Am not. I’m just…uncomfortable.”

“Scared. Admit it, Jamie.”

“I’m not scared and I’ll prove it!” Yeah, at the moment I didn’t realize Joe tricked me. I let my pride take over and now we were on the boat getting ready to be lifted up.

“Holy shit.” I muttered to myself. My hand immediately locked on Joe’s.

“Nervous?” He teased.

“Just don’t let go.” I breathed.

“Okay we already briefed you guys. Ready kids?” The instructor asked.

“Yeah!” Joe cheered while I gave a feeble nod. As soon as it began to pull us into the air at a high speed I started screaming. It started off low, sea mist spraying us, then gradually got higher. After Joe got sick of my screams, he put his hand over my mouth.

--

“You were terrified.” Joe laughed at me when we were finished.

“No I wasn’t. I was nervous. People die in water accidents all the time.”

“How come whenever we do something you say ‘People die while doing this’” He mimicked me in a horribly high voice. I narrowed my eyes in disagreement.

“First of all, I do not sound like that. And second, I only say what’s true. Things like that are very dangerous.”

"You Know you're pretty fortunate you chose that swimsuit. I'm sure it would've been really dangerous with a string bikini."

"Oh shut up. And see, things like Parasailing cause problems."

“But they’re fun.” He countered and I smiled mischievously.

Fun is an understatement. They’re the best!” I giggled.

“Gosh. Once we get back home, I’m going to be the one responsible for turning Miss Perfect into a loon.”

“And for that I thank you.” I grinned. He started up the cart and we started driving.

“Yeah, yeah,” He muttered.

“No, I’m serious,” I stopped smiling to let him know I truly was serious. “Joe I am having so much fun. It’s insane. I never pictured myself jet skiing with a Hollywood heartthrob or wearing actual shoes aside from exercise. I always thought I’d end up living the best lifestyle known to man, the most praised actress to ever touch earth. That’s what Margaret taught me. But you showed me I didn’t have to go that route. That I can be Jamie and be happy. So I say thank you Joe, I owe you more than I can give.” I placed my hand on his while it sat on the steering wheel. His smiling face turned to face me for a moment before turning back to the path ahead.

“I always figured I’d owe you something. Like I had something to give you, ever since you drove away from me in your convertible that day. I never knew what but I guessed I’d find out.”

“This is so weird.” I sighed, chuckling lightly.

“Tell me about it.” He laughed also. We were at the hotel by now, returning the cart.

“Where do you want to eat?” I asked him in the elevator.

“Awww” He whined, “We ate out all this week. I wanna order room service and watch Push. Can you believe my girlfriend’s in it but I haven’t watched it yet?”

I almost let my smile slip at the mention of Joe’s girlfriend. My theory for my reaction wasn’t that I wanted Joe! Oh my goodness no! It’s probably because since Joe’s befriended me like he has. I feel like he’s…mine. We have our own bond which may be crazy but connected us. He basically knew me like a book. My favorite things, the places I’ve been, the people I’ve met. And vice versa.

“Um. I’m going to jump in the shower. I’m sure you’ll finish before me so I’ll leave the double door open.” He nodded and pulled his key out and sliding it into the slot as I did mine.

I dropped my bag at the door and grabbed my clothes and towel before getting into the warm shower. I’m sure the whole process took about 20 minutes before the water was shut off. I left my hair wet after I brushed it out and changed into my pajamas. And I’m happy to say, even my pajamas changed! No more matching sets! Boxers, shorts, tank tops and more! Hah! I get to mix and match for bed. Be jealous!

I walked out the bathroom, tying my hair up with a hair tie. Joe was seating upside down on the sofa, kicking his feet wildly.

“What the hell are you doing?” I asked both amused and confused. He let out a shriek before tumbling to the ground and glaring at me. But his glare quickly faded into a blank look. Then that blank look turned into a lopsided grin.

“What?” I asked, bewildered.

“Nothing.” He smiled again. “We should go down to Johnny Rockets for dinner. Bring it back up here.”

“Awesome. Let’s go.” I slipped on a pair of converse and grabbed some money out of my purse.

“You’re gonna wear that?” Joe asked, still wearing an amused smile.

“Yes? Something wrong?”

“Nope. Its great. Way to show ‘em what you can be like.”

“I guess.” We traveled back down the elevator and to the Johnny Rockets in the lobby.

“Hey! What can I get you?” The cashier asked me. I saw the way his eyes looked me up and down and he smiled.

“Um. Let me get theee… Double Cheeseburger combo. Large.” I told him and looked at Joe. He was looking at me incredulousy.

“And who’s the fatty now?” He tapped my thigh and I waved him off.

“I want the same. Just give me a chocolate shake,too.”

“Kay. That’ll be $13.24.” he announced. Me and Joe were quiet before he beat me to the punch.

“I’m paying!” He shouted. I sighed. There was no use in arguing. He eventually always won like the loser he was.

We got the bags of food and left.

“Hold on. I wanted to pick up a magazine. Miley’s on 17.” I told Joe and went into the little store. It had candy, magazines, newspapers, and other various snacks. Much like something you’d see at the airport.

There were only teenagers inside which was more unlucky for us. They were the worst when it came to spotting Joe and I. But when these ones saw us, they did a quick look before turning to talk in hushed voices. I saw the camera they got out, but acted to ignore it as I browsed the racks. And then I found Miley’s face gracing the cover of the magazine. But the there was mine and Joe’s right next to it.

What’s Going On With These Two?

I snatched the two magazines up and put them at the register where Joe was getting some candy. I made sure the on of us was under Miley’s.

“Got it?” He asked, sipping his drink.

“Yeah. Oh, Sour Skittles.” I placed those on the counter and she rang them up. I paid this time and we went up to my room again.
♠ ♠ ♠
heeeeyyy.
two things. ohh wait, 3 things:

1. i changed my profile! its all colorful, but that's not thepoint.
the point is howw i put myy SOON tO bE stories on there. it's the ones i haven't posted yet and i wanted you guys to see. you can message me or comment either the story or my page and tell me which one you'd like to see posted.

2. There is a writer on here and she's truly one of my favorite Mibba authors. well she says 630 comments 'til next update. you should really check out her story. they're ALL TIME lOW stories and they are amazing. This one's a Alex Gaskarth one.
Keep A Safe Distance. its the third installment to a trilogy. but seriously read it.
3. ummm. i can't remember the third thing. hahaha. oh! i have one new subscriber and 76 readers. =) comment please<3

OH AND THiS CHAPTER IS LIKE PART ONE. I DIDN'T WANT TO PUT THE NEXT THING IN THIS ONE BECAUSE IT'D BE TOO LONG AND IT'S ITS OWN THING. SO NEXT CHAPTER IS SOMETIME TODAY.

-Treasure.<3