Let's Get Reckless.

Not So Nice

“So c’mon Jamie, you gotta tell me” Ellen Degeneres said as we sat on the stage couches, “What’s the deal with you and Joe?”

“Nothing?” I looked at her confused and laughed. Fourth freaking interview today and the answers get better and better. Of course the best was Ellen’s by far. She was so eccentric that a little rubbed off on me and my sleepy eyes.

“So you guys aren’t dating, never dated, don’t want to date, or never will date?”

“Uhhh” I looked around with a smile at her sentence, “No.”

“Why not?” Because Camilla bell is a stupid bitchface.

“Because he has a girlfriend!” I stated the obvious.

“Oh phooey. Well I still think you guys are cute together.”

I rolled my eyes, “I’ve just gotten to be friends with all three of the brothers since the movie started filming. Yesterday I went shopping with Nick and the other day I” I thought against saying I stayed the night. How would that look? “Well of course Joe’s my friend now.”

“Friends, eh?”

“He talks to me about his girlfriend. I hardly think that means he likes me.” I responded.

“Heck who knows? That Jonas kid is a kook.” Everyone bursted into laughter, seeing as she was right. Joe Jonas could be called down right wacky.

“Well a little birdie told me that you were going to start singing.” She raised her eyebrows.

“Yeah, I am. I’ve always wanted to sing, but acting came first so I rolled with it strong. So after the movie I’ll be hitting the studio and shooting the next season of ‘Just Gotta Make It’.”

“Wanna sing us something?”

It was like people were expecting me to be bad. I guess so since Disney tries to turn every kid star into some double threat. But I wasn’t like Emily Osment or Vanessa Hudgens. My voice was real.

“Uh. Sure, nothing of mine though.”

“That’s cool.”

“How about Demi Lovato. I just met her and bought the album the other day. She’s great.”

“Shoot.”



‘Before I fall too fast
Kiss me quick but make it last
So I can see how badly this will hurt me when you say goodbye

Keep it sweet
Keep it slow
Let the future pass and don't let go
But tonight I could fall too soon under this beautiful moonlight

But you're so hypnotizing
You've got me laughing while I sing
You've got me smiling in my sleep
And I can see this unraveling
Your love is where I'm falling
But please don't catch me’


“Wow, I didn’t expect that,” Ellen and the audience clapped and I blushed.
“Well Jamie it was great to see you, hopefully we can do this again.” She leaned over and hugged me and as soon the commercial went on I was free to leave.

“Is that it?” I asked Margaret, rubbing my arms which had produced goose bumps from the freezing room temperature.

“Mmm. Yeah.” She said still working on her Blackberry. I picked my purse up and my phone out of the dressing room before walking out the back door to leave. My first step outside, ‘Poppin’ Champagne’ by All Time Low played from my phone. Not really paying attention I sang along until Margaret smacked my arm.

“Well are you going to answer?”

“Oh yeah,” I muttered and and pressed the TALK button. “Jamie here.”

“Jaaaammmiiieeeee!” Joe screamed so long I was able to take the phone away from my ear while he finished.

“Yes, Joseph?”

“Oh, boo. First names. Why don’t you have proper name? Jamie Is just like a nickname so it’s cool. But Joseph is so-“

“Nice to know.” Jamie cut him off, sighing and unstrapping her shoes as she sat in the back of the limo, her and Margaret on separate sides not paying each other any mind at all.

“Camilla, thankfully never calls me, Joseph.”

“Ya know that’s just awesome, Joe.” I said exasperated and annoyed and sighing again. I ran my fingers through my hair, looking out the window.

“You okay?” He asked, probably catching onto to her slightly annoyed tone.

“I’m fine. Just tired. I had a long day.” I told him, trying to act a bit kinder. It wasn’t his fault that I had a growing dislike for his girlfriend. He didn’t know so there was no point. And plus if I told him he’d ask me why and I really haven’t gotten an answer for that. I don’t know! She’s just…ugh. Bleh. Yuck. All those words people use when disgusted. Just…because I said so!

“Sorry,” He said, a slight edge in his voice, “Didn’t mean to bother you.”

“It’s fine. I just need to go to sleep.”

“Well do you want to spend the night? Camilla is too and we were gonna hang out this week since we go back in a few days.”

“Um, no.” Keeping the sharpness from my words was impossibly hard. Why would I want to have a repeat of the other night? It’s not like we even were hanging out. He invited me over to kiss all over his girlfriend. Yeah, I’d love to do that all over again. At least I had Nick. Hey, Nick…

I heard Joe bickering with him about something on the other line.

“What’s Nick talking about?” I asked Joe.

“He was telling me to ask you if he could come over. I guess you left a pair of shoes.” Oh, my converse. I knew I was missing something, “But I told him you were tired.”

“Tell him I said he can come. I’ll text him the directions.”

“What? Are you sure, Jamie? I thought you wanted to rest?” His voice sounded as if he didn’t believe me. And like he was trying to convince me that it was best not for Nick to come over. Why does he care? He would be ignoring Nick tonight also.

“Yeah. I just got home now so anytime is fine.”

“Do you want him to stay the night?” By the way the words left Joe’s mouth didn’t sound like he was asking for Nick. I scrunched my eyebrows together although he couldn’t see me and answered.

“No. I’m busy tomorrow.”

“Well. Um, I’ll see you Saturday.” He said and I bid my goodbye before hanging up.

“The player one is coming over?” Margaret asked as I was getting out of the car, my feet touching the warm surface of my driveway.

“Nick? Yeah, I left my shoes.”

“Just make sure he’s in and out. You have to try and squeeze some studio time in tomorrow and we need to get Andre to find you a Teen Choice outfit.” Ohhh, Teen Choice Awards. I forgot about those. Hmm.

“Kay. Bye, Margaret.” I saw her nod curtly and I closed the door, walking through the grass to my front door going inside. My shoes were dropped by the door to be brought up later and I dragged myself up the stairs. I wonder why today was so tiring. I used to to so many things a day I didn’t get home until ten at night. It was about 7:15 right now and I was dreadfully tired.

I got in the shower quickly and when five minutes after I was out and in my room, Nick arrived.

“Your mom is nice.” He smiled, walking in.

“Say anything that I should know?”

“Naw. Just that I had the good looks like my brother. She wants to meet my parents now.”

“She must be blind, you Jonas’s are hideous. Except of course for your mother and Frankie.”

“Oh really? Because I think a million teen girls and even boys world wide would beg to differ.” He smirked and I laughed.

“Whatever.”

“Joe said you were sorta cranky. Long day” Nick told me after a moment while I shifted through my closet for clothes for tomorrow.

“Yeah I guess I was sort of rude to him. Only because he asked me to come over and hang out with him and his girlfriend.”

“He’s clueless, Jamie. Cut him a break.”

“Yeah, whatever. I was just a little tired and I don’t know, I sorta snapped at him. I guess I’m sorry.”

“He was a little down when you hung up on him.”

“Thanks for trying to make me feel guilty, but I don’t.”

“Not saying you should.” He raised his hands in defense. “Just letting you know. Joe’s a guy, he doesn’t know everything. But I on the other hand do. I just knowthings” The way Nick was talking was telling me he knew something. Just like the night at their house. What could this boy possibly know that he wanted to taunt me with? I’d have to figure it out.
♠ ♠ ♠
--
okayy. so i'm not a prude towards Jonas Incest now. i used think it was gross on so many levels. but i'm over it now. although i'm sorta strictly Joick. i don't know but that pairing is very cute to me. hahaha, that sounds really...twisted. so sue me! =P