Let's Get Reckless.

You Can Leave Now

I quickened my paste to the Café down the street from the studio. Work was done for the day and I needed something to hold me over for a bit.

I had my ‘spot’ over near the front window. It was on step up from the rest of the tables and had pretty vintage plaques adorning the walls.

With about an hour to kill, I picked up a kiddie magazine and drank on my Vanilla Latte. I actually liked them. They let me get the gist of people around me. And almost all magazines picked up on Twilight. But I liked their quizzes too.

This one had a full poster of me from the photoshoot a few weeks ago. Then one of Miley Cyrus. Hmph, mine was better. The dress she had on went so wrong with the background. I flipped the page, ridding myself of further argument and continued to look through the magazine.

“Hey can I have your autograph?” Some guy said trying and failing horribly at a little girl voice. And it was no one I knew, because I avoid guys, so it must be some idiot bothering me. I looked up knowing my expression was annoyed. And then Joe Jonas turned out to be the asshole.

“Can I help you?” I asked keeping rudeness out of my voice.

“Well I just saw you in here and figured I’d come say hi. Just got off work.” He sat down across from me, just inviting himself. Okay, I don’t think him and his brothers sitting by me at the premiere made us friends. And even then I would choose to be friends with Nick. He was quiet and mature. Joe had miraculousy got a popcorn kernel in his nose.

“Well, hi. You can leave now.” I said and went back to my magazine.

“Whoa. Can’t we talk?” He smiled like I was joking.

“Actually I have to leave.” I stuffed the magazine in my bag and tossed my latte.

“Oh yeah?” He asked following me. ”Where to?”
I sighed, ” Studio offices on 63RD.”

“Me too.”

“You are so lying.” I rolled my eyes and continued down the street to retrieve my car.

“No really.”

“For what?” I asked, not really caring. He was bugging me and I’m it wouldn’t look like we were hanging out to photographers. More like me running away from him.

“Pick up some… documents.” He said, attempting to be mysterious about it I guess?

“Good for you.” I replied now seeing my BMW. My pace quickened a smidge and he noticed, following my example.

“Wanna ride with me?”

“Umm. No thank you, my car is right here” I pointed and beeped it with my keychain for extra measure.

“Pretty.” He commented and I narrowed my eyes. He probably thought I just bought it because it was ‘pretty’. Like I had no knowledge of the name. No, not the case. Something everyone women should possess is knowledge and style.

“Yes. I’ve had it for two years. Z9 Cabriolet. This one is a 1999.” I ran my hand over the hood before opening the door.

“Well it was nice talking. Bye.” I closed my door and drove off.