The Truth Hurts Worse

Chapter Three

Patrick woke up to something crawling over him. For a brief moment, he forgot where he was and thought Pete was trying to wake him up. He grumbled and batted at whatever it was.

“Dammit, it’s too early, Pete!”

There was a high pitched giggle in response and Patrick’s eyes flew open. He scrambled out of bed, falling out of it with a loud thump. He managed to pull his glasses on, staring at the figure on his bed.

“W-What the fuck, Ellie?!” He squeaked. She giggled again, smiling brightly.

“Well, I just thought I’d come wake you up, silly!” She purred, crawling over to him. “I missed you while you were gone.”

“You gotta get the hell out of here, okay?!” He hissed. “I don’t know how the fuck you got in here, but you gotta get out!”

Ellie pouted, kneeling in front of him. Patrick tried not to look at her. All she was wearing was a short, red and lacey nightgown. He blushed brightly, covering his eyes.

“But, but Patrick, don’t you want me?” She cooed, getting on her hands and knees, crawling towards him. “Remember that night… that night you came home after the first tour? You went out with the boys, leaving that fat cow alone? You sought me out, baby… you wanted me. You still do.”

Patrick shook his head, still blushing as he tried to back away. “No, I don’t! It was a mistake, okay?!”

“Patrick?”

He swore, hearing Luci’s voice. “You have to leave!”

Ellie kept pouting, still approaching him. Patrick kept moving backwards until he felt the floor beneath him give out. He cried out and fell, getting tangled up in what felt like ropes. Each time he moved, they seemed to be getting tighter.

“Patrick!” Luci went to her boyfriend and slapped his cheeks gently. “Wake up, babe, it’s just a dream!” Patrick woke up with a start, quickly untangling himself from the blankets. He was short of breath, looking around the room wildly. “Patrick, baby, really, you’re okay…”

“S-Sorry…” He mumbled, rubbing his face. “Just another nightmare.”

“Yea, I kinda figured with the flailing and the screaming…” She sighed, helping him back into the bed. “Are you sure you’re okay? This isn’t like you…” She paused. “This has been going on for the last few days, you know.”

“I’m fine, really.” Patrick said, looking up at her. “Just… really stressed. You know, end of tour, new baby coming… just stuff.”

Luci still didn’t look convinced, but she didn’t want to fight him on it. She stroked his cheek and kissed him before heading out the bedroom door. “C’mon, it’s time for breakfast, baby.”

//

Patrick sighed, feeling a bit more refreshed. He finished breakfast, showered, dressed, and was now sitting in his home office, going through some emails. He and Luci had plans to go looking at baby stuff once she was done taking her shower and getting ready.

He leaned back in his chair and rubbed his face, trying to clear his mind of everything. It was great being home, really, but he couldn’t get his mind off the night he spent with Ellie. Though, he really couldn’t remember much. All he recalled was being handed drink after drink, then waking up in bed with Ellie the next morning. Why didn’t Pete or Joe help him out?

Patrick pulled out his phone, ready to call Joe, when something jumped on the back of his chair.

“Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy!” Katy squealed, trying to spin the chair. Patrick smiled and craned his neck to look back at her.

“What’s up, Katy Bear?” He asked, pulling her into his lap. Katy shrugged, holding her panda as she sat in his lap. Patrick wrapped his arms around the little girl and held her, kissing the top of her head. “You excited to spend the day with your Uncle Andy?”

“Yea, but no!” She sighed, looking up at him with a pout on her face. “I wanna spend the day with daddy.”

“Well, daddy has to run a few errands with mamma, okay?” He said, kissing her forehead. “But we’ll spend the day together after we get back. That sound good?”

Katy scrunched her face up, trying to decide if that was a good plan. She didn’t think long, because the doorbell rang and she launched herself off Patrick’s lap, running down the stairs to the door, chanting, “Uncle Andy, Uncle Andy!”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, Patrick is suffering because of his guilt. Poor baby.

I'm still thinking of keeping this a short story, too.

I also just posted a new story, 'The Dark Carnival'. :] Pete centered this time. 'cause he needed some love.