The High Princess

First Attempt At A Rescue

Clara went to bed that night with mixed feelings. She had seen her family's looks, and was glad that they hadn't questioned her and Samuel about it. Clara was a very truthful girl, and Samuel was a very truthful man, and so they would have to tell the truth- something that Clara wouldn't be able to abide.

She dreamt again that night.

*

She dreamt she was at the castle. She looked at it a moment, savouring the hugeness of it; and then she saw the prince. He saw her, and stood up. He was wearing a slightly different-coloured version of the outfit he had worn last.

Hans walked over to her, and said, "Let's go."

"Is this it?" Clara asked, surprised at the profound quickness of it all.

"Yes," he smiled. He then walked to the door of the castle and checked to see if the door was open. It was locked. "Well, this complicates things a little!" Hans said, a bit frustrated.

Something told Clara to glance up. She did, and she beheld a face looking down at her. Though the sun was glaring in her eyes, she could tell that it was the Princess, and that she had a nasty expression on her face. Clara saw her hands aim at Hans and her, and she quickly cried, "Watch out!", and knocked Hans over, out of the way. But she had forgotten herself; and the magic was fast. The next thing Clara knew, she had been struck by it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is finished on WEbook.