My Mum Did What? An Arranged Marriage? No Way!

My mum did what?!... Arranged marriage! NO WAY! .E

Lexi's pov...

Here I stood, once again infront of the mirror. The difference this time? I'm standing in a room in the church.
Make-up hiding the bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep, I took a deep breath preparing myself for the life changing experience that was about to happen to me.
"Babe are you ready?" Sue asked as she walked through the door securing it shut behind her.
Letting out the breath that I had been holding I spun around to face her, my breath caught in my throat she looked absolutly stunning.
"Sweet's you look awsome!"
A small blush crept on her cheeks as she played around with her dress nervously.
"Thanks... not as beautiful as you though."
"Thank you..." I muttered, unsure myself on how she can say that.
"Well, now that you're ready and sorted a few people wanted to see you is that okay?"
Nodding my head unsure of how steady my voice would be I watched as she sauntered out of the room once again closing the door behind her.
*Knock knock*
"Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?"
"I'm fine the nerves are starting to get to me though..." I trailed off as Cathy started to walk towards me arms outstretched. Her arms wrapped around me as she pulled me towards her.
"You will be fine sweetie, now don't worry okay? By the end of the day you will be Mrs. Peterson!"
I gulped, the whole trying to make me feel better thing isn't working.
"Yep I will be! Erm is it okay if you leave? I need to talk to my dad can you send him in?"
"Of course, I'll see you later Alexandra."

Not five seconds later my dad had made his way through the door, I was perched on the edge of the chair.
"Hey princess, how are you doing?" He asked as he crouched down infront of me.
"Good dad, I feel fine. Nervous but fine... dad can I ask you something?"
"Sure, what's wrong?"
"When... when you and mum got married, how did you feel?"
A small laugh escaped his lips as he took my hands in his own.
"Nervous, I felt as though she would realise she had made the biggest mistake in the world and decide to not marry me. But watching your mother walk down that isle was the happiest and proudest moment I could ever wish for. She looked stunning and I couldn't help but stare at her as she began to walk down the isle."
"Have you seen Jake this morning?" I blurted out.
A sly smile crept onto his lips as he contemplated his answer.
"Yes I have seen Jake this morning. So I'll tell you this to make you feel better okay?" I nodded as he paused. "He's about as nervous as you are, pacing around the room, funnily enough he even asked me about your mother and myself."
A small smile spread on my face.
"He did? Why?"
"Why did you ask?"
"Oh I get it..."
"Ahhh!" Jen and Sue screamed as they ran into the room.
"What?" I asked curious.
"You are getting married in a few minuets! You need to get ready like now! Get up! Come on! Let's go!" Sue yelled while Jen pulled me up from my seat. My dad's arm linked through my own pulling me towards the door.
"You look beautiful princess, let's go."
Okay this is it...

Jake's pov...

Okay... deep breaths...
"Dude can you PLEASE stop pacing!! Your making me dizzy!"
Breaking out of my trance I turned to face Sam.
"Sorry, I just... I don't know."
"Man just sit down, you'll wear yourself out before you've even done anything." Tony added.
"Right... you're both right."
I started taking deep breath's as I took the only free seat in the room.
"So have you looked at the rings yet?" Lucas asked as he straightened his tie.
"Rings? No! Who has them?! Has Lex seen them?!" I panicked.
"Yes rings, Tony has them... he is your best man and no Lexi hasn't seen them. Her dad already told you that this morning when Tony showed him them." Lucas stated as he ticked off the answers on his fingers.
"Jake?"
Turning I saw Sue standing in the doorway, her gaze was focused behind me, turning around I saw Tony with a smug expression plastered on his face.
"Yeah Sue?" I asked breaking her concentration.
"Oh... the vicar said it's time for you to come out now. I better go I've got to tell Lexi. Bye."
"Come on man, let's get you out there." Sam said while grabbing my arm as everyone else started walking out of them room. "You will be fine man, don't sweat it. I mean you love her, she loves you what more could be worrying you?"
"The fact that I'm getting MARRIED?!"
"Just relax Jake, Lexi's probably worse than you are. Look her dad said it was normal to feel like this, so let's go out there so you can greet everyone and we can wait until Lexi walks down that isle to be Mrs Peterson."
"Okay, I'm relaxing. Let's go."
As we made our way into the church I greeted everyone that had already arrived, the nerves slowly disappearing as everyone took their own seat in the church. Walking down the isle to where my pride of place would be I took one last look around. Time for this thing to begin.

Lexi's pov...

Walking down the corridor, Sue and Jen both walking before me, I heard the gentle chatter coming from the church hall.
Everyone stopped and turned to face me.
"Are you ready?" Jen asked concern written on her face.
The butterflies filling my stomach had gotten worse on the walk down here, all I could do was nod. Even if I wasn't I didn't have a choice. It was now or never, this was the ending of Alexandra Marie Waters and the beginning of Mrs Alexandra Peterson. Closing my eyes I felt hands wrap around me.
"Lex, you will be fine. We are all here okay? Everything will be fine. You love him as much as he loves you, now let's go and show Cathy what you're made of!"
"Okay, let's do it." I mumbled, opening my eyes and letting out a deep breath.

The chatter from the hall soon faded into nothing as we stood just beside the door. Music started playing as Sue and Jen gave me quick hugs and started to make their way inside.
Not a few minuets later the music had been stopped.
My dad pulled me towards the door, biting my lip nervously I looked up at him.
"I love you so much princess, you will be fine okay?" He murmered to me.
Nodding my head once again, I took my last deep breath as the wedding music started to be played, the doors opened and I made my way inside.

Everyone was standing looking back at me, self-consious I tilted my head forward a little letting my hair fall around my face. I felt my dad squeeze my arm in support as I raised my head once again.
My eyes fell onto Jake immediately, a smile spread across my face unwilling to be moved as he smiled back at me. How fast or slow I was moving I wasn't quite sure, the next thing I knew I was standing next to Jake at the top of the isle as we linked our hands together.
"Everybody may be seated." The vicar started.
"Now today as everybody know's we are here to join Jake and Alexandra in matrimony. We join them together as one, with God aswell as themselves. Both of them have written their own vows instead of using the traditional versions."
I felt Jake's hand squeeze my own, which I returned. Today is the day.

"...Now if we could please have the rings?" The vicar finished after a prayer and some talk about marriage.
Tony stepped forward, pulling the ring boxes out of his pocket as he handed them to the vicar.
"Okay now, Jake is going to go first." Passing Jake the ring we both turned to face each other.
"Alexandra, you mean the world to me, I really don't know what I would do without you. I bring myself to you this day to share my life with you; you can trust my love, for it's real. I promise to be a faithful mate and to unfailingly share and support your hopes, dreams and goals. I vow to be there for you always; when you fall, I will catch you; when you cry, I will comfort you; when you laugh, I will share your joy. Everything I am and everything I have is yours, from this moment forth and for eternity. I love you."
The ring was slipped onto my finger, Jake's fingers brushing the band that was now placed on my wedding finger. Looking at it in awe I hardly noticed the vicar press the other ring in my hand.
"Now for Alexandra's vows."
I cleared my throat.
"Jake, I love you. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage, I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life."
Slipping the ring onto his finger we both linked our fingers together once again.
A small sob escaped from behind me, we all turned to look at the person. Sue and Jen we're silently crying as they looked at me. My dad stood behind them wrapping an arm around them both as they struggled to compose themselves.
I could feel my own eye's welling up in tears.
'It's happy tears... we promise.' Jen mouthed as she looked at me.
Feeling Jake squeeze my hands in support, I turned back to look at him. A small smile was on my face, as the concern showed on his.

"...Now that Jake and Alexandra have pledged themselves to one another, I give it great pleasure to announce them husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The vicar said with a smile on his face.
Jake began to lean towards me, our lips touched and everyone started to clap.
I could feel him smile into the kiss as he wrapped his arms around me, securing me to him.
We both pulled away and grinned at each other.
"Come on you two, let's get these picture's done okay?"
We both began to walk down the isle, making our way outside while confetti was being thrown over us.
"Lexi!"
I turned to see Sue and Jen running towards me, letting Jake's hand go I waited for them to reach me.
"We are so proud of you!" Jen squealed as she hugged one side of me, Sue hugging the other.
"You!" Sue started pointing to Jake. "You better look after her! If not I'm going to hunt you down!"
"Okay! Okay! I won't hurt her, I love her too much to do that." Jake protested wrapping his arms around the back of me. The photographer snapped a few shot's of us like that before ordering everyone around.
Two hours later, Jake and myself we're sitting at the head of the table. The speeches we're finished. and it was time for everyone to enjoy themselves. The tables we're being moved around as everyone was asked to wait outside.

"Okay, everyone may come back inside now." Cathy said as she opened the doors.
A dancefloor had taken up the middle of the room, the tables placed around the outside. The DJ was setting up and everyone was starting to enjoy themselves.
"Now everyone it is time for the first dance for the new Mr and Mrs Peterson!" The DJ yelled through the microphone.
Jake grabbed my hand and began to pull me on the dancefloor.
His forehead resting on my own as the song 'I will be' by Avril Lavigne started to play.
"I love you, you know." He muttered as we began to dance.
"Yeah I do, now your stuck with me! It's a good thing I love you too."
"I can't wait until we get away from this place."
"Where are we going?" I asked interested, the one thing I hadn't been let in on had to be our honeymoon.
"Not saying! That would ruin the surprise!" He said shock and amusement in his tone.
"Fine you will have to wait for your own surprise then won't you."
Shock flashed his features, no-one knew what I was going to give him, no-one even knew I was contemplating it.
He began to open his mouth to say something...
"Now ladies and gentleman give the happy couple a hand!"
Everyone gradually started to dance with us, occasionally we would seperate, dancing with my father, Simon and not to mention all of Jake's friends.

It was soon time to head off, everyone had said their goodbye's and I had managed to leave the hall to get changed. Walking back into the hall I found Jake leaning against the wall talking to Sue and Jen.
"What are you doing?" I asked as I stopped infront of them all.
"What are you giving him?! Why didn't you tell us?!" They both yelled simultainiously.
A smirk appeared on my face, as Jake looked at them both shocked.
"No-one knows and no-one will know until Jake get's it."
"But..." They started.
"No! You will not find out either." I snapped.
Jake moved beside me taking my hand in his.
"We better be going Lex, we've got a plane to catch."
Sighing I looked over my best friends, knowing that I wouldn't see them for a while hurt. My life had sped forward, while they can still live their lives however they please.
"I'm going to miss you guys!" Sadness filled my tone as we went into a group hug. A small smile formed on my lips as I remembered the first time we had done this with Jake. The first ever time we had met and he walks in on us crying and in a group hug.
"We love you Lexi, remember to keep in touch okay!" Sue yelled.
"I will do..."
After a much needed talk with my dad, Cathy and Simon we we're standing infront of the car.
"It should get easier right? Now we're married I mean?"
Jake turned to face me wrapping his arms around my waist.
"Should do, but living with my parent's until we can afford a place isn't going to be a walk in the park you know."
Sighing I took one last look at everyone watching us. Everyone was important to me in some way.
"Bye everyone!" I yelled as Jake moved away from me and opened the back door for me.
"Bye!" "Love you!" "Good luck!"
Soon we we're seated in the back of the car, I was resting against Jake. Finally being able to rest enough to go to sleep in his embrace. Being gently shaken awake I rubbed my eyes as I got out of the car.
"Ready to know where we are going?" Jake asked after grabbing our luggage from the boot of the car.
I nodded my head, still trying to gather my thoughts.
"Seychelles, that's where we are going. Can I know my surprise yet?"
"You're joking! Seychelles?! I love you! But no you can't know!"
Sighing in defeat Jake grabbed the luggage once again, as I grabbed my own. We made our way into the airport hand in hand headed off to our honeymoon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay everyone there will be a sequel.. If anyone is on quizilla then check out my profile I've put up a poll about the name it should be.. my username is the same as on here! Okay so this is an end of an era.. I'm going to start the sequel right away I think the poll ends on WEDNESDAY evening and I should be starting it Thursday. Enjoy and Thank you for everyone who has commented the story! You all are wicked!! So thank you..x