Something Completely Different

Chapter Four

One Year Later...
Things weren't as bad as I had thought they would be. Mom was barely ever around. That was totally great. I was hoping to fix our relationship at least a little but I should have known that that was hopeless. Instead, she was busy. With other assignments. What was supposed to be a "family mission" was turning out to be just me and lets just say I wasn't too happy about that.
Since the beginning there hadn't been any trouble at all. I really don't get how all these dumbasses find the real world so dangerous. So far its just been far too much relaxation in expesive hotels for me. Something I was definitely not used to. But they claimed the security would keep anyone from coming in and there was no possible way for them to find me. Then why was I even here then? I had thought the whole point was for me to find them? I was so suspicious of it all but I couldn't see flaws in any of it. Or I couldn't see what the point of any of this was.
Maybe they decided that my month in training wasn't enough after all. The whole point was to train for a few years first then do the work. Maybe they were doing everything. That would definitely make my life much easier. Not to mention, sitting in a jacuzzi in a nice expensive hotel where they pamper you to death wasn't half bad after so long on the run. They keep telling to me to be on the lookout just in case but how in the fucking world do you stay on track when your this relaxed anyway?! But they did have some guards in the room that I never actually bothered talking to.At least they did something right!
But, yeah. Eyes closed in a hot soak with bubbles massaging my back felt really good. Some time off was just what I needed. Even if I wasn't doing much. About a week in this place we were soon to get out soon. We never stayed in one area for over a week. It was too "dangerous". But to me nothing really seemed that dangerous. Absolutely Nothing had happened yet!
I waited about another fifteen minutes before getting out. It was almost dark. Soon time to blow this place. I dried off quickly and got dressed while I stumbled out of the bathroom into my bedroom. Another quick nap couldn't hurt. Could it? So while I threw myself into the bed and "slept" I thought. About life again. Before this. Nothing at all has happened so why couldn't I get back to my old life now? Things were over now. They had to be. Nothing had happened at all in the last year. I’ve been myself in this time. In my world. Nowhere else. Nobody could tell me different. I could get back with Lauren now. If I left now what would they even be able to do? Nothing. I might just be dead for all they know. There would be no point in looking for me anywhere. But of course mom would probably know. No matter how much I hate her she still does know me. I have lived with her most of my life. But she doesn’t even know Lauren! Although she does know the area I lived in….Big hint there.
I think I slipped into a little bit of a sleep there. Just drifted off. A little. Dreams flooded my mind. What would have been. I saw me and Lauren. And saw us in of all places in a church. Getting married. Neither of us were very fond of church. We just went there to fool around or hang out sometimes but we weren’t religious or anything. Religion just didn’t seem real enough to believe in.
But I did see us. Her walking down the aisle. Just coming towards me. Us making the final vow of our love. Making things final. The kiss, the priest, everything seemed to real.
After that fast forward a little. Skipped to our wedding night. It was so….hot. I felt like I was there doing that at this very moment. Feeling it. But at the same time I wasn’t feeling it at all. It was just all happening. I wanted it to happen. And it ended. Just right there. It was over and I couldn’t make the images come back.
So what if that would have happened? Would we have worked out? Can this still happen if I could just get out of this? I wondered in anticipation now. Just thinking about how things would be if I got out of this. Everything would be so much better. I could finally make my life the way it was going to be before all of this. That wedding night in my dreams just seemed so great. I couldn’t wait until I could actually live it. If I could live it…
But thinking about all this hurt. Because I couldn't take the chance. I wouldn't. I still loved her. If I had to leave her then so be it.
I quickly threw these thoughts from my mind knowing they would just keep me even more off track than I had been. Bed just wasn't a good place to be right now. It made me think too much.
I went into the living room or dining room or whatever it is you want to call it to see what time the guards would be leaving. I didn't hear anything which I knew instantly was wrong. They were always talking...about...guard stuff or whatever. They couldn't have fallen asleep. They cared too much about their jobs. And the same reason for why they wouldn't leave. So that left one answer.
The correct one I saw as I walked into the room. Two dead bodies, covered in blood from head to toe laying in the middle of the floor. Their skulls looked like they were cut open almost, and their necks seemed to be slit. But I couldn't take in the details. It was too much. I felt nautious and dizzy as I ran to the bathroom and literally poored my guts out. It took about fifteen more minutes to get that all out and to get calm and sort of relaxed. All I knew was that I couldn't go back in there. Even for a person like me who has seen so much in so little time, it was just too much.
But I had no idea what to do. Call someone? The police? No. They couldn't be brought into this. My coach? No! What the fuck would he be able to do?!
So there was only one person I could call. Guess who? Mom.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok i know i said 20 comments but now I want 20 comments. It really isn't asking that much! I need it!!! please... :( lol