Stepping on Heartstrings

Hidden Shadows

I hide shadows.
Loads of them.
Somehow, as I filled up with all sorts of secrets, I become more adept at hiding them. Nobody can ever penetrate through my armor, and nobody will.

Renae Hudson, a tall but fat 15 year old, brownish hair falling to her shoulders.
Have you ever heard of someone who was tall, but fat? That would be her.
Not to mention about her weight, she had loads of problems in school.
In the past, it would be because no one wanted to be associated with her due to her dandruff problem, her weight, and her general appearance. Nobody wanted to do anything with her. Now that she was in high school, things started to change. She got along well with her peers, teachers wanted her to do a lot of things, and she was expected to be a successful person. Nobody knows anything about her past, and how hard she had to work to keep it all under wraps.
Oh, but she was still fat though.
Other than her weight problem, she was in love with her teacher.

It all started as a simple liking of her teacher, then it started to deepen as the months passed by. How could she tell anyone about this problem? Once her secret was out, and someone knew, it was bound to spread. By then, the school authorities would have gotten wind of it, and most probably transferred the teacher to teach another class. Then she would not even be able to see her teacher anymore. She didn’t want that. She wanted to protect her secret as best as she could, and was content just seeing him once a day. Renae was not that obsessed, she just liked him a lot. She did not trail him after school, or slump into depression whenever she could not see him. No, she continued her life as per normal, and went for numerous meetings, training sessions and studied hard. She knew it was wrong of her to like a teacher, and a relationship between a teacher and his student was unheard of, not to mention unaccepted in society. She tried to stay away, but something still held her back.

Mr Edrick Jones was not just an ordinary teacher. He was a 32-year old bachelor, and was rather funny too. He was rather short for a guy, but still taller than Renae. Even though many of her peers complained that he was a very scary teacher, Renae was not deterred at all. She felt that he was one of the best teachers she had ever come across, and looked forward to his lessons every day. Although he was not very handsome, quite cynical, and included sexual innuendos in his lessons, there was something in him that drew Renae in even closer. However hard she tried, she just could not pinpoint what.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do review!!
Is it confusing if I interlace the story with some insights to Renae's mind (writing from her Point.Of.View)?
Do comment!!
Thank you :D