Which Path Is the Wrong Path

Second Chances

I looked into his eyes for what seemed like forever. We just stood there not saying anything. What could we say to each other now? He had a wife and a child so clearly he had loved her maybe even more then he had loved me. I wished he would say something anything. He missed me, he was sorry, a hello would have helped but nothing.

"So...your gonna be a father?" Edward lifted his head and nodded. "You can talk to me edward, and you don't have to feel bad." My voice began to crack and i could feel the tears again. "This is what i wanted, i left so you could be with her. I can't be mad that you are." I saw his lips part and heard the melody of his voice ring in my ears.

"So your not mad at me?" My mind went a milion places at once. I really couldn't be mad. I left, and then made sure he couldn't find me. I only came back because i heard he had gotten married and it was a shock. I had no right to be mad, or even be here. I was probably putting the family through pain and i could tell edward was afraid of me for bella and his child's sake. This really wasn't my place anymore was it?

"No...just surprised i guess. I honestly thought you would look for me and find me. I didn't think you would just let me go even though i said you could." Edward walked towards me his arms out.

"Chels-" I backed away.

"No i'm fine. Really. I just needed to know it was true and now i have." I turned to leave but edward grabbed my wrist.

"Don't go...Wait.." i snapped.

"Wait for what? Wait for your child to be born. Wait until your wife dies of old age? How can you ask that of me? It killed me to leave you edward, it realy did. But if i stay it will destroy me. I still love you with all my heart but i can't do this. Please dont ask me to stay." Tears were streaming down my face and edward looked at me with pleading eyes. We had been through so much in the past year, from dating to me finding out he was a vampire. Him changing me to save my life from Sam to teaching me how to hunt. Even being with him everyday was an adventure. Was it now at an end?

"So your not going to stay are you?" I couldn't move, my body was numb. The words escaped my lips in a whisper.

"No...i'm sorry..but you made your choice edward-"

"NO I DIDN'T. YOU MADE IT FOR ME. YOU LEFT CHELSEA AND GAVE ME NO POSSIBLE WAY TO FIND YOU. YOU JUST FUCKING DISAPPEARED! HOW IS THIS FAIR?!" I shook my head and smiled.

"It's fair because you may have lost me edward but look what you gained. You have a wife, and child and if you turn bella a real family. I could have never have given you that."

"I didn't need that." I could see the tears forming in his eyes so i knew his soul was breaking.

"How about i come back in about a year and see if you still feel the same way." Edward shook his head. And then pushed his lips against mine. It was like a spark had just reignited. My arms were around his neck and everything was how it should be, but i knew in the back of my mind it would really never be. We broke apart breathing hard.

"I can't miss what's i've never had. I missed you so much chelsea, I still so much.." He embraced me in a hug.

"I missed you too, but i have to go." He looked up like he knew that kiss would change things, and in a perfect world or even with another girl it would have. But i couldn't stay anymore, i no longer had a place here. "Don't worry i'll always be here for you." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and turned toward the door. Looking at my old house for the last time.

"Promise?"

"Huh?"

"Do you promise if i ever need you, you will be there? No matter what i need, when i need it. if i ask you, you will drop anything your doing?" I smiled at edward and winked.

"In a hearbeat." With that i flew out the door and back to the volturri headquarters to start my new live.

* Sequel coming soon*
(read authors note for info on sequel)
♠ ♠ ♠
ATTENTION READERS:

there is a sequel coming i have it all planned out. It will follow the last book with a couple twist and turns. I have the end planned out perfectly already and i know you will love it. Keep the comments coming and subscriptions. Tell your friends becasue i really want four stars **** that would be a great gift from my readers.

Luv ya, Chelsea