Status: Finished

It's All We Know

Cupcakes and Birthdays?

Jessi’s POV

So we found a spot away from the buses, it was a little dusty, but it was quiet.

“Sit,” Jack urged, dropping down on the gravel and crossing his legs.

I sat down beside him clutching my fries and drink, he had already started eating his.

“So how come you and Rian didn’t talk for like two years?” he asked me.

I shrugged, “it’s a rather long and boring story.”

“I have the time.”

“Well maybe we’ll leave it for another time,” I said simply.

“Understood, but you know if you ever need to talk…”

“Thanks, and I know,” I smiled.

We ate in silence for a minute then Jack started telling me about the last time they were on tour, he also mentioned half a dozen people I would kill to meet, it was funny listening to his stories.

“I’m sorry, once I get started with stories I can go all night, so I am gonna stop now,” Jack said in one breath. He finished his fries and chucked the paper over his shoulder.

“You want mine, I don’t want them,” I offered him my food.

“If you aren’t gonna eat them?” he took them off me anyway.

“So how much did Rian tell you guys about me?” I asked.

“You know he didn’t, well he told us a few stories you know from when you guys were kids, stuff like that, but it was always a touchy subject,” Jack said in between eating.

“A touchy subject?”

“Yeah like he would get kinda…” he paused and glanced at me, “emotional? I duno he missed you, that was for sure.”

He set the fries down to one side and shuffled closer to me.

“Lets not talk about Rian,” he said.

I smiled. “Cupcakes and birthdays?”

Jack laughed and shook his head.

“So we have established you are cool, tell me more about you, what do you like to do?” he asked.

“You think I am cool?”

“Well yeah you wouldn’t be here otherwise,” he said through a funny chuckle.

“This is what cool people do?” I asked glancing around me.

“Are you trying to tell me you aren’t having fun?” Jack asked.

“Well… nah I’m kidding it’s good getting to know you,” I replied.

“Yeah I wish I could say the same, but you’ve barely spoken!” Jack said poking my arm.

“Well if you shut up maybe I could get a word in?”

Jack smiled and shut his mouth, he watched me, waiting for me to talk. Of course I couldn’t think what to say, so instead I stretched my legs out and looked up at the sun. I knew Jack was itching to say something, I could see him fidgeting out of the corner of my eye. But what he did next surprised me. His warm lips touched my cheek briefly but for long enough to make me blush. I whipped my head round to look at him. He smiled at me and edged his way closer to me again, his lips pressed against mine softly and even though I was expecting it I remained tense under his touch, although just as he was about to pull away I brought one of my hands up and held his face to mine and kissed him back, our lips parted and tongues rubbed up against each others, before I had time to register what I was doing we moved apart and Jack grinned at me.

“So you don’t really have a crush on Alex do you?” he asked.

“No,” I shook my head.

“Good.” He moved closer to me and kissed me again, it was awkward the way we were sitting so I turned without breaking the kiss and moved closer to him. This freed both our hands and pretty soon his were running up and down my side, moving my t-shirt about my body.

When we broke apart again Jack was grinning again. “I think I could get used to kissing you.”

“That’s if I let you,” I replied with a laugh. I glanced around still smiling. But my eyes did a double take as I saw someone standing a short distance away from us. Rian. He gave me a weird little awkward wave then turned and walked away slowly.

“Huh…” I muttered with a sigh.

“Rian?” Jack asked me.

“Did he say anything to you?” I asked turning my head to look at him.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Nothing, I better go talk to him,” I stood up and so did Jack.

I took a step away then turned and smiled at him, then kissed his lips briefly.

“I’ll see ya in a bit,” I called jogging off in the direction Rian went. I hope he wasn’t annoyed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the lovely comments. :)

And huge thanks to Alyssa for proof reading parts for me.
x