Status: Finished

It's All We Know

Do What You Do

Jessi’s POV

“Are we nearly there yet? I am sick of this bus!” Rian said as he came into the back lounge we had left a while ago and were currently on our way to Missouri, I think. Jack and Zack were playing guitar hero, and I was replying to emails from my Mom and Faith. I glanced up at him he was watching Zack and Jack play, then he came and sat next to me.

“What you doing?” he asked.

“Replying to emails,” I said showing him the screen.

“Oh to your Mom, can I type a message?” he asked.

“Sure,” I shrugged and handed him the laptop, it was Alex’s he was fast asleep in his bunk so I borrowed it.

“What are you writing?” I peered at the screen as he typed.

“You are such a suck up,” I laughed after reading what he had typed so far.

“What?” he exclaimed.

“Writing that you have been looking after me and making sure I ate, you’re like my brother!” I laughed.

Rian turned his head to look at me and I stopped laughing, he smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

“Well I have been looking after you,” he said.

“I know and I am thankful,” I gave him a little hug then stood up. Stretching my arms up above me.

“Wana have a go kicking Jack’s ass?” Zack asked me.

He held out the guitar and smirked at Jack who was kinda red in the face.

“Sure, though I suck.” I replied stepping up to the screen.

“Well Jacky you might just win for once!” Zack said patting his back.

“Shut up, I’m just having an off day,” he shot back. “My butt hurts.” He added just loud enough for me to hear.

I stifled a laugh and he glared at me.

“Sorry…” I whispered.

“Perhaps you could rub it better later?” he whispered back. He scrolled through the songs and stole a glance at me.

“Maybe I will.” I muttered.

I made him pick Misery Business by Paramore and we started the game. Jack was good, too good. So I lost.

“In your face!” he laughed sticking his tongue out at me.

“Real mature Jack,” I replied shoving him playfully.

“Oh look!” Jack said loudly. I jumped and looked around me.

“What?”

“We are alone in a room,” he replied. He edged closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Well isn’t that convenient?” I muttered before I felt Jacks lips on mine.

“Jessi Rian said you have my laptop?” Alex said behind me. I moved away from Jack and turned round to face Alex.

He looked from me to Jack then around the room. “Oh there it is!” He picked his laptop up from the couch and walked out of the room.

“Yeah I kinda told Alex,” Jack said to me.

I turned round to look at him before I spoke. “Told him what?”

“Just that I like you and you like me… man I feel like I’m in ninth grade again.” Jack replied with an over dramatic eye roll.

“Well you sure act like you are,” I replied with a smirk then walked to the door.

“Hey where are you going? You owe me a butt rub!” He said quickly.

I laughed and headed up the bus, I heard Rian cheer and I felt the bus stop. I grinned, I was thankful too, this bus was getting boring.

“Anyone seen my shoes?” I asked.

“Nope sorry,” Rian left the bus followed closely by Zack.

“Blue converse?” Alex asked glancing up from his laptop.

“Yep!”

“In the back,” he said.

I made my way back to the lounge, Jack was standing holding my shoes. I reached for them and he held them up high.

“I will return them in exchange for a butt rub.” He said and evil smile spread across his lips.

“In your dreams,” I said glancing up at the shoes.

“Ok what about a kiss?” he asked hopefully.

I smiled and stretched up and pecked his lips.

“Shoes please?” I held my hand out.

He handed me one and held the other behind his back.

“That was not a kiss.” He argued.

“Just give me my shoe!” I demanded after I slipped the other one on.

Jack shook his head and pointed to his lips. I narrowed my eyes and tried to step round him to get my shoe out of his grasp.

“Haha not until I get a kiss!” he said shaking his head.

“Jack don’t make me hurt you,” I warned.

“Just one kiss.” He sang dancing a little on the spot.

“Jaaaack!” I moaned and tried to get my shoe again, I got a hold of it but he pulled it away.

“Seriously Jack?” I pushed him a little and grabbed for the shoe again.

He laughed and held it up high then ran out of the room. “JACK!” I yelled as I chased him up the bus. “Give me my fucking shoe!”

I watched as he stumbled and fell flat on his face, Alex, who was sitting at the table exploded with laughter and took my shoe out of Jack’s hands and ran off the bus.

“Come on guys I have to set up merch… gimmie my shoe!” I whined. I gave Jack a kick in the side as I rushed past him after Alex.

I jumped off the bus and found Rian standing looking a little confused.

“Where’d he go?” I asked him quickly.

“Who?”

“Alex, he stole my shoe!” I said.

“I haven’t seen him,” Rian said innocently.

“You lie,” I said. Rian laughed and held up his hands.

“I swear I haven’t seen him.” He protested.

“Urgh! They are my favourite pair, Rian please, tell me where he went?” I pouted.

“Nah I don’t wana,” he said then smirked at me.

I shook my head and sighed, I wasn’t really annoyed, but I did really want my shoe back.

“Looking for something?” Jack asked behind me. I whipped round and saw him leaning casually against the bus, my shoe in hand.

“How- What?” I sighed and held my hand out to him.

“Please Jack?” I asked nicely.

“I don’t wana,” he said, he and Rian exploded into laughter and I sighed, yet again. Was I don’t wana their war cry or something today?

“Fine, whatever, you keep the shoe, I am going to set up,” I said marching off in the direction of the merch tent.

“With only one shoe?” Jack asked rushing up beside me.

“Yes.” I replied firmly.

Jack laughed and shoved me to the side playfully. I ignored him and continued walking.

“You’ve pissed her off now,” Rian said from somewhere behind me.

“Nah, I don’t think she’s mad yet,” Jack said.

“No she is, you’ll get the stubborn silent treatment now,” Rian voiced.

“Ohh the silent treatment…” Jack said in a fake trembling voice.

I laughed quietly despite myself, but didn’t let them see, I kept walking, Rian and Jack picked up on a conversation but still followed me. I was just approaching the merch tent when I felt a sharp sting in my foot and I yelped and hopped on one leg.

“What? What happened?” Jack was by my side, one hand holding onto my shoulder steadying me.

“My foot!” I said.

“Oh man look at your sock!” Jack exclaimed, a few people standing round us looked down at my shoeless foot, that Jack was now trying to lift higher in the air.

“Jack let go,” I shoved him away.

“But you have a bit of glass in your foot, and it’s bleeding,” Jack said pointing to it. My brightly coloured socks looked fine to me, but my foot was still stinging, and it hurt like hell.

“Get her over to the table,” Rian said, he put and arm around my waist and guided me the short distance to the merch table.

I sat down behind it and pulled my foot up to inspect the damage, the bottom of my sock was stained red with blood. It reminded me of the time I stood on a nail when I was a kid, kinda gross.

“I have a band aid!” Jack said triumphantly holding the plaster high above his head.

“Well done Jack,” I mumbled. I pulled my sock off and the piece of glass came with it. I winced in pain and scrunched my eyes up.

“Here,” Rian handed me a bunch of hankies and I dabbed at my foot. I held them until the small cut stopped bleeding then Jack bent down and placed the band aid over the cut.

“It looks deep Jess, is it sore?” he asked.

I glared at him. “Of course it’s sore!”

He looked genuinely sorry as he helped me up.

“Can I get you anything?” he asked me.

“My shoe?”

Rian laughed and Jack knelt down and put my shoe on for me.

“Now how about that kiss?” Jack asked once he straightened up.

I smiled but my eyes caught Rians just over Jacks shoulder, he half smiled at me then turned and walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks, as always to:
hannerbananer
Rock 'n Rolla AJ
XXShe's.A.LadyXx
Second.Heartbeat
Paraphrase the Riot!

Anyone a fan of The Blackout? This story is awesome, I love it My Thorn And My Rose.