Status: Finished

It's All We Know

Still Annoyed

I discovered the car I didn’t recognise last night was Rians rental. He jingled the keys at me as I came downstairs.

“I’m driving.” I stated firmly.

“No way I paid good money for that car, I am getting my money’s worth!” He protested.

“I am not going in a car with you,” I said.

“Well I refuse to go with you, you are insane at the best of times give you control of a huge pile of metal and well that’s a disaster and a trip to casualty waiting to happen.” He said crossing his arms.

“Rian you talk the biggest load of shit you know that?” I stated rather than asked.

“I know you love it Jazz.” He said smugly.

“Whatever lets go,” I opened the door, I let him drive us only because I couldn’t be bothered arguing with him anymore. He filled the silence by talking non stop, but I didn’t listen too much, however, he did say something that caught my attention.

“Wait, you are inviting who here?” I asked interrupting him.

“Jack, Alex and Zack,” he said glancing at me sideways.

“Right and where are they gonna stay?” I asked.

“I duno, hotel?” he said shrugging.

He pulled up at the mall and parked in the space furthest away from the entrance, he always did that, and it always bugged me. I shot him a look as we got out of the car.

“What did you expect?” He asked smiling.

I walked ahead of him slightly through the mall and up to the food court, I was being rude but I didn’t care, Faith spotted me coming and waved, she was sitting at our usual table in the far corner. I walked in and around tables to meet her, I could feel Rian walking behind me and it was annoying. When I sat down Faith smiled but she was looking at Rian.

“You… What is he doing here?” she asked me.

“Hello Faith, great to see you again too!” Rian said sarcastically.

“Sorry, hey,” Faith shot at him then looked at me expectantly.

“He’s staying at mine, his moms place is being re-decorated or something,” I replied.

Faith laughed, she looked at me funny then up at Rian who was still standing.

“You can sit you know,” she said kicking the chair beside me out.

Rian flopped down in it and slouched back.

There was a few minutes silence before Faith spoke. “Well this is awkward, are you still in a huff Jess?”

I glared at her and she laughed, “I’m just kidding, so um Rian, what brings you back home?”

“I missed my Mommy,” he said sniggering, “and Jessizzle!”

Faith laughed, but I sat and scowled, I didn’t care if they thought I was being immature. There was another awkward silence then Faith started asking Rian about All Time Low, I listened for a minute, I knew Faith liked them, but she seemed to know so much about them. More than I cared to know about anyhow.

“Don’t look like that, Jess, I know you secretly like them,” Faith said bringing me into the conversation.

“Yeah right,” I rolled my eyes.

“You don’t like our music?” Rian asked me.

I looked at him, he was frowning at me.

“Are you kidding, I mean just yesterday she bit my head off for singing Dear Maria!” Faith said. “She said you guys were shit!”

I looked at Faith my mouth open slightly, I can’t believe she just said that, in front of Rian! I turned to look at Rian, he looked away from me then stood up.

“I’ll see you later,” he muttered before walking off.

“FAITH! What the hell man?” I said standing up.

“Sorry Jess, but I had to do it,” she said.

“What? Why?!?” I demanded.

“Well tell me how you feel right now? I bet you feel bad, because you hurt his feelings, don’t you?” She said proudly.

“I better go talk to him,” I mumbled, I hated that she was right, but I also hated myself, I have done nothing but treat Rian like shit, and he has been so nice to me.
I ran after him quickly hoping I caught him before he left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments guys.

♥