You Make Me Feel So Alive

Chapter 1: Except on Wednesday

Chapter 1

I yawned from lack of sleep the night before. It was taking a toll on me greatly, especially since I was at work. I worked at a little CD store in the middle of a town in New Jersey, where nothing ever happened. It was often boring I found myself wandering around when I didn’t have to work. Well I’d be damned if something actually happened that was interesting in this town. I needed some adventure and so did my friend Kierstyn too, she was always bored.

I rested my head on my arms which were on the counter. There was no one here on this Wednesday morning and there was most likely going to be no one today. No one seemed to come here on Wednesday it was just one of those weird business days where nobody showed up other then a few strays. My eyes started to close as I started to doze off from the usually comforting sound of the low hum of the music playing in the store.

The next minute my eyes shot open from bell on the entrance door letting me know someone had entered the store. I quickly rubbed my eyes and combed my fingers through my hair so my costumer didn’t think I was a slob or something. That would be embarrassing since whoever walked in through the door didn’t seem to know the usual bizarre routine everyone seemed to follow around here.

Whoever this guy was, yeah he was a guy and he didn’t take a glance in my direction, he didn’t seem familiar at all as he roamed the isle with his back to me. Though I did have to admit he was pretty cute from behind with his short sleeve black shirt and dark jeans that sagged a bit and made a jingle sound from the keys on his belt. However, I knew when he turned around his face was most likely going to look hideous. It happens all the time.

I patently waited for the guy to find what he wanted, if he was actually looking for something, and come over so I could ring him up and he could leave. I wanted to go back to my little cat nap. I sighed and turned around thinking that just staring at him was going to do me no good and that he might be getting the feeling that I was watching. I stretched my hands up high and tried to shake my tiredness.

“Someone’s sleepy” the guy said in a bit of a raspy voice. I spun around and was a bit startled to see him sneak up on me meanwhile he chuckled. I sheepishly laughed to myself while scratching the back of my head.

“Um yeah I didn’t get a goods night sleep....” I stated trailing off before going into a yawn and making the guy chuckle once again. He seemed awfully familiar but for some strange reason I just couldn’t seem to place him. It felt like I had seen him a million times before, but I just couldn’t put a name to his face.

He slid two CD’s toward me and I picked them up. I took the scanner in the other hand and rung each up quickly before gasping and dropping the scanner. I looked up at the guy and he had a sheepish grin plastered to his face.

“Figured out who I am?” he ask titling his head to the left a bit.

“Max Green from Escape the Fate” I stated calmly while picking up the scanner and placing it back into its holder carefully. I went under the counter and pulled out a plastic bag for his CD’s.

“Are you going to tell me you’re my number one fan now?” Max asked with one eyebrow raised and a smirk spreading rapidly across his face. I placed the CD’s in the bag quickly.

“Haha very funny, but no I’m not going to say that” I said, my turn laughing now “You’re not my favorite”

“Hey that’s bullshit” Max protested.

“Well, Max, let me put this real easy for you. You’re my second favorite”

“Well I’ll be damned. Then who’s your favorite if it’s not the all mighty Max Green?!”

“Craig”

“Damn I knew it. Score another for Craig” I laughed.

“You keep count?”

“Eh if girls come right out and say it then I guess so, yes” he smirked.

“Well then I guess you can add a point to yourself to ‘cuz my friend is your ‘number one fan’” We both laughed and I handed him his bag with the CD’s in it.

“Heh well you should come to see one of our shows sometime just yesterday we played at-” I cut him off at the end of his sentence to finish it for him.

“Warped Tour. I know I was there yesterday”

“Oh really?”

“Yes really. I was even in line for two fucking hours just to get the bands autograph.” Max whistled loudly and shook his head in disbelief.

“That long?” he asked and shook my head yes there then was a short pause before something seemed to come to his mind “Hey were you with that one hot girl who asked me to sign somewhere near her ass, but I ended up signing her stomach?”

Laughing I replied “Yes that was us”

“Yeah I remember you now. You even asked Craig to sign your ticket and ‘somewhere in the upper chest area’ as I recall you putting it.” Max said as a deep blush spread across my face. I looked down and nodded which made him laugh even more.

“Well had I’d known I’d be having Max Green in my CD store the next day I’d have never asked! I mean this is a one in a life time thing here! Nothing interesting ever happens in this stupid little town!” I exclaimed crossing my arms cross my chest in defense.

“Well to make your life a bit more exciting how about I give you my private cell number? You know so you can call me or get that hot friend of yours to call me......” Max said trailing off most likely thinking about my ‘hot friend’ Kier. I ripped out some paper from a spiral notebook and gave him a pen. He quickly wrote his number and returned the pen.

“Give me a call sometime and we’ll set something up. Surprise your friend, you know.” He suggested as I giggled and nodded.

“She’d be shocked. I’ll be sure to do that” I said with a bright smile. We said goodbye to each other before he headed out the front door slowly. When I couldn’t seem him on the streets anymore from the shop window I looked down at my arm. I put my thumb and pointer finger on my skin and squeezed, pinching myself. It felt like I was awake, but just moments ago I knew I had been dozing off. I pinched myself again, but this time softer then before.

I knew I wasn’t sleeping it was just the fact that Max Green from Escape the Fate had come through the very door myself and many others came through everyday. Except on Wednesday’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just to let you Know the Name at the Begining means who's perspective it is going to be in and if it ever changes during the story you'll know it.