You Make Me Feel So Alive

Chapter 2: Coffee Anyone?

I glanced at my watch while tapping my fingers on the front counter. I worked at the busiest place in town and yet there was barely anyone here today. It was an annoying boring Wednesday here at my job at Starbucks. People were in and out in a rush or just working on laptops quietly in a secluded section of the place. The silence was making me crazy I just wanted to make so much noise since the extremely low music playing was barely herd.

The door opened nosily and a gust of the humid summer heat flooded into the freezing temperatures of our coffee shop. I didn’t look to see who it was the only thing I did was stand up straight and plug in my password to get the touch pad orders working. Whoever it was stopped in front of me and immediately started to rattle off what he wanted. I looked up at him and saw he was looking up at the coffee board so it was difficult to see his face.

The guy had on a black short sleeve shirt with some designs all over it. He had black hair and I could see a bit of a goatee going on by his chin. He seemed very familiar and as I seemed to think about it I had forgotten that I was supposed to be writing his orders down.

“Ah I’m sorry can you start over a bit slower this time sir?” I politely asked a bit embarrassed. The guy looked right at me now and I almost gasped or screamed or something. I knew who this was alright I had just needed to see his face to know who. However I kept my cool and acted like I didn’t know who he was.

As soon as he was done giving me his order for a second time I nodded and turned to get everything he had asked for. I went over to the Styrofoam Starbucks coffee cups and started to fill it with regular coffee before adding the milk he had asked to go along with it. I looked back at him just to confirm if it really was him. He seemed to watching me as if knowing I knew who he was.

A few minutes later I placed all four of his orders on the counter in a cardboard tray. I then quickly told him which were which and added up his total cost for them.

“That will be $17.89” I stated and looked up at the one and only Craig Mabbitt.

“Come on you must know who I am” Craig chuckled as he went in his wallet to get the money “You’ve been watching me practically this whole time.”

“Yeah ok fine I know who you are. You’re Craig Mabbitt from Escape the Fate” I replied shyly.

“See there we go. I knew you knew me” he chuckled again “So am I your favorite? Or is it Green?”

“Um . . . . Green”

“Hmm I knew it when I saw your Iron Maiden shirt sticking out from the apron he has the same one”

“Well I didn’t buy it because of him! My friend Sam bought it for me because she knows I love Iron Maiden!”

“uh huh sure” he nodded looking skeptical and I just rolled my eyes “ So did you go to see us a Warped Tour yesterday?”

“Oh hell yeah and you guys were so fucking great. Next to I Set My Friends on Fire, Saosin, and Madina Lake”

“Very nice”

“Yeah we went to the autographing for you guys too. I’m surprised you don’t remember me” He thought for a second before it seemed like a light bulb went off in his head.

“Hey were you with the one really cute and shy girl who surprisingly asked me to basically sign her breast?” I laughed and nodded my head.

“Yeah that was my friend Sam” This time Craig laughed.

“Yeah and I remember you, you asked Max to sign your ass. I knew you seemed a bit familiar” I blushed madly and he laughed a bit harder.

“Well it was a once and I life time thing” I stated with a dry laugh.

“It was a pretty funny thing to do especially when your friend almost died of shock when I actually got up to sign her” Craig exclaimed with a huge smile.

“Yeah I know I don’t think she’ll ever want to wash it off. Knowing her she’ll probably cover it with something as she takes a shower” I laughed with him.

“Kierstyn!!! Stop chit chatting and get to work! This isn’t your break time!!” my manager scolded and I sighed.

“Hey I gotta go anyway, but um here’s my number if you wanna set something up. You know surprise your cute friend Sam.” Craig suggested as he grabbed a napkin from the dispenser and took a pen that was lying on the counter. He quickly wrote his number down and slid it to me.

“Yeah sure Sam would definitely love that” I laughed “I would too if you brought Max with you”

“I’ll be sure to do that” Craig laughed as he turned to leave after saying goodbye. I watched until he was out the door and out of view. I let out a breath I seemed to be holding and squealed while jumping.

The low murmur that had begun when I was talking to Craig seemed to disappear. I looked up and noticed that everyone was staring at me like I was some crazy person. My manager gave me another scolding face trying to chastise me though his looks. I didn’t give a damn though because I had just been talking to Craig Mabbitt from Escape the fucking Fake!

I slowly slunk back to the storage room as people started to pull there attention from the crazy person that just had an out burst at the most quietest place on earth, next to the library that is. I rapidly pulled my phone out and added Craig’s cell number to the long list of other people I had. I sighed and wondered when I should call him or what I should say the next time we talked. Something like this I actually needed to think about.

The best part however was that I was going to surprise Sam and when that happened she would owe me big time. Hooking her up with the one and only Craig Mabbitt, the love of her life. If only it had been Max Green that had been walking in through those doors.

That might not have been great though. I’d probably jump on him the instant I saw him.