You Make Me Feel So Alive

Chapter 11: Determination

I passed back and forth in my bedroom thinking how I was going to fix the mess I was in. I needed that job badly to pay my apartments rent. I could ask my parents for half the rent, but knowing them they weren’t going to help me in a money situation unless I was in some real deep shit. However where could I get another job? I thought and thought, but I couldn’t think of any place in town that needed assistance. I sighed and went in the living room to get the newspaper.

I settled on the couch looking at the job wanted ads. Dog walker, no thanks, but will save for my last resort. Game tester, maybe. I looked to see what it paid, but it was only enough really to have as a part time job. I looked again and there was an ad for needing help at Walmart. I nodded to myself and then looked at the pay. It wasn’t too bad and it would probably pay the rent if I got another small job. I looked back at the dog walking ad and looked at how much it paid. It would be just enough for the monthly rent and a little extra for other things that I may need. So I pulled out my phone and called both places.

About an hour later I had two jobs that would take up most of my week. I’d work at Walmart during the day Monday though Friday and I would walk dogs Saturday through Sunday, but not for very long. I could handle this. With a sigh of relief I laid back on the couch while cover my eyes with my arms. However a few minutes later the door bell rung.

Unwillingly I got up from the couch and walked over toward the door. They knocked on the door again and I hollered back “I’m coming! I’m coming!”

When I opened the door I almost fainted from the shock. I slammed the door in their face and spun around resting my back on the door. What was he doing here? I turned back around and opened the door again to make sure my eyes weren’t deserving me. When the door was fully open my eyes were seeing the same thing.

“Are you going to close the door in my face again?” Anthony laughed with a smile on his face.

“What are you doing here?” I asked astonished that my ex boyfriend would show up on my door step out of the blue.

“Well I just got an apartment in the building and then I over heard people talking about you living here and here you are.” he replied with a smirk. I sighed as he asked “Aren’t you going to let me in?”

“Um well I was kind of in the middle of something” I said uncomfortably not looking at him.

“Please? Just for a minute.” he asked with a cute look on his face.

“Fine” I mumbled as I back away from the door and let him in. He relaxed on the couch while looking around.

“Wow this is nice” he complimented and then looked at me. I went over toward him and sat on the couch with him. He looked at me and smiled. “You know. I really miss you.”

“What…” I replied dumbfounded and taken aback. Where had that come from? “Why now?”

“Well. When I just up and left you I was scared of settling so I just disappeared. However a few days ago I realized what I did was wrong and I want to get back with you” he pleaded looking right into my eyes. I was speechless and didn’t know what to say. He then leaned in closer and before I could do anything he was kissing me.

When it finally dawned on me I shoved him away and shot up off the couch and demanded “Out! Now!”

“Excuse me?” he said a bit shocked.

“I want you out of my house” I restated pointing to the door for emphasis.

“But I though-”

“I’m uh currently seeing someone thank you very much!”

“Oh yeah? Who’s the lucky guy?”

“Max Green”

“That prick from Escape the Fate you always swooned over?” I crossed my arms and pointed to the door angry “Fine be that way. Just remember this. I’m here and I still love you, but if you want to make something up go ahead”

He got up, walked over to the door, and left without another word. I plopped down on the couch and thought, What the hell just happened? Maybe I shouldn’t have turned him down. Maybe the thing with Max wasn’t going to last long. I opened my phone and went through my contacts.

I dialed Max’s number and waited. A few seconds later he picked up.

“Hey Max’s its Kierstyn” I greeted.

“Kierstyn?” he questioned in a groggily voice “OH, oh I’m sorry I just um got up. Hey what’s up?”

“Oh nothing much I was just wondering if you’d like to maybe do something tomorrow”

“Uh tomorrow’s Tuesday right?”

“Yeah we could go do something around lunch time”

“Yeah ok. Sounds like fun.”

“How about I meet you. Come on over to my house”

“Mmm sounds good”

I then told him where I lived and that he could come over anytime since I didn’t start work until next week. I smirked to myself and we said our goodbyes. Even if this thing between Max and I is just a fling. I wanted it to last. I mean it seems like he likes me, but I still have a feeling someone’s going to get hurt in the end. In the meantime I wanted to be with him as much as I could.

“My life’s such a screw up right now” I sighed lying on the couch “No. I can make the thing with Max work! I’ll keep him.”

So then I started to come up with a plan. A good one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update Im just very unsure if people like this....