You Make Me Feel So Alive

Chapter 10: Unknown Territory

I rolled over in bed ( or should I call it my bunk?) and stretched as far as I could go, which wasn’t far. Yawning I sat up banging my head on the top bunk.

“Aw fuck!” I shouted frustrated pounding my fist against my sheets that lay sprawled all over. I struggled to untangle myself from the sheets clutches, but it took me awhile. When I escaped I scratched my head and lazily walked into the tiny bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my hair tangled in knots and going every which way. I rubbed my chest and yawned again before doing the necessities in the morning.

When I exited the bathroom I looked at the clock while pulling on a shirt. It was eleven in the afternoon already. Rubbing my eyes I went over to the key hook to get my bus key before leavening. Just as I was about to open the door though I remembered something. So I looked down and let out an aggravated sigh. I headed back over to my bunk and searched for my pants that I had stored away. When I found them I pulled them on and headed for the door again.

This time I made it out the door and onto the sidewalk by the time I noticed I didn’t have shoes on. Angrily I yelled “Mother fucker!!!!!”

People stared at me as they passed, but I didn’t give a shit what they thought. I ran back, grabbed a pair of flip flops, and walked back. I then looked myself over and found that I had everything I needed and didn’t have to take another trip back into the bus, thank goodness!

Walking down the side walk I thought of things that I could do, but I was utterly bored. As I walked farther I ended up at a cross walk and had to stop because of the cars passing by. I had company while waiting and I smirked. A fine woman with extravagantly long legs was standing next to me. I looked her up and down and sucked in a breath. She was beautiful.

“Hello there” I greeted in a flirtatious way. She looked at me and tilted her head, confused “I’m Max Green. What’s a lovely lady like yourself doing in this…. Not so lovely town?”

She didn’t respond. Instead she just looked me up and down. Then she opened her mouth and started talking to me the only thing was, was that I had no clue what was coming out. It sounded like she was speaking gibberish to me. What language was this lady speaking?! However she looked at me with lust in her eyes. I smirked and winked at her. Then next thing I knew she was walking away from me.

“Oh hey don’t go! Your sexy! Beautiful!” I shouted after her, but she was soon lost in the crowd.
Damn, I thought combing my fingers through my hair. I was still so tired and couldn’t think straight especially since I wasn’t able to follow that girl like a cheetah on a gazelle. I needed coffee. I didn’t know my way around, but I sure did smell coffee. It smelt like . . . Dunkin Donuts? I sniffed again. No it was Starbucks.

I followed my witty scenes until I was met by the Starbucks glass door. I pushed it open and the sweet strong coffee smell greeted my nose.

“Mmm” I exclaimed and dreamily walked up to the counter “Excuse me I’d like a coffee with cream please”

“Right away.” the guy said and rushed off to the coffee machine. Next thing I knew he was back handing me my steaming hot cup of coffee.

“That would be- KERISTYN! STOP DOZING AND GET BACK TO WORK!!!” he yelled. It startled me and helped wake me up instead of the coffee that was suppose to do the job. “I’m sorry about that. Your coffee will be $6.87”

I backed away after giving the guy the money and walk over to the other register. I looked at Kierstyn and grinned. So she worked at Starbucks huh? I looked at her again and it looked as if she had dozed off again. Had she gotten no sleep last night like me? I had problems sleeping last night since so much was going through my head and I was just thinking a lot. So much I scarcely remember Monte making fun of me for something. When I see him I need to beat him up.

“Hey Kier” I said while shaking her arm “Kier”

She laid almost lifeless like. It scared me for a moment, but I knew she was only sleeping. I sighed and put my coffee down beside her. I bent down and got real close to her face and poked at her .

“Kierstyn. Hey Kierstyn!” I sang messing my finger around by her ear. By doing that I finally got a reaction out of her. She swatted at my hand and moaned in protest from being awakened. When she opened her eyes she practically had a spaz attack from how close I was to her face. She jumped flaying her arms that sent my coffee flying out in another direction.

“Oh my gosh. Don’t do that!” she chastised.

“Haha well you shouldn’t be sleeping on the job!!” I exclaimed while laughing “You owe me a coffee by the way”

“Fine” she mumbled before disappearing and then soon reappearing with a new hot and fresh coffee.

“Mmm tastes better when you make it” I stated having a sip. She just scoffed and rolled her eyes.

“Kierstyn! Stop chit chatting! Get back to work!!!” the guy yelled. He must have been the manager, the annoyingly uptight one.

“Uh… I’m taking my break!!!” she shouted while practically ripping her apron off showing an Iron Madden shirt. She then came around the counter and stopped in front of me. I laughed and pointed at her shirt. She seemed confused at first, but quickly noticed I was wearing the same shirt and stated “That is so embarrassing”

I smirked and grabbed her waist saying “The shirt looks hot on you”

She smiled at me and I was a bit surprised when she was the first one to make a move. She kissed my cheek quickly and then looked me in the eye.

“Do you have anywhere?” I asked cocking my head to the side as she nodded a yes in response. She grabbed my hand and led me behind the counter and into the back storage room.

“This the best you can do?” I teased getting closer to her.

“It was the closest” she mumbled as I backed her into the wall. I grabbed her waist and got close to her lips, our breaths hot on each others faces. She put her hands on my chest and I made my move. I kissed her lips passionately and she imminently started to kiss back. Next thing I knew she jumped up and wrapped her legs around my waist and I got closer to her while using the wall to support her back. She held my face and I pressed my touage against the inside of her mouth wanting to get in. She shook her head and kept her mouth shut while lightly giggling. I placed my hands more firmly on her waist and lifted her shirt up a bit.

Doing this surprised her and allowed access into her mouth. However I didn’t get to do much exploring because someone opened the door to the storage room and turned the light on.

“GAH!” they gasped as I backed away quickly from Kierstyn and she stood up on her own. Looking at her quickly I could tell she was extremely embarrassed and by the look on her face I could tell she was in trouble.

“Um Roger I’m-” she was cut off by Roger, who I think was the manager from before.

“Kierstyn! Your Fired!!!” He yelled at her. Her jaw dropped and she looked like she wanted to cry or something.

“But-”

“No buts!! I have had it with you! Sleeping on the job, talking non stop to your customer friends, and now this?! NO Your Fired!!” Her eyes couldn’t get any wider. “I want you out of my Starbucks, NOW”

She had her head down and if she had a tail it would have been in between her legs like a scared dog. We walked out together and she still had her head hung low.

“I’m so sorry” I said to her. She shook her head and I could hear her breath start to quake like it does before you cry.

“I needed this job! It’s the only one available in this stupid town!! If I don’t have a job I can’t pay my apartment rent!”

Next thing I knew I grabbed her and hugged her. I felt so bad, like her getting fired was my fault. I held her head to my shoulder and rubbed her hair reassuringly. Then all of a sudden it hit me. Why was I here. Standing with this girl, a huge Escape the Fate fan, and hugging her, because I felt like I got her fired. Yeah I’d feel bad, but why did it seem like I cared about this girl? I went through girls like that all the time, but why was she so different? Why was I changing like this? It felt weird. I was in unknown territory here. She was a whole new experience for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
-Sam

I ♥ Comments