Fatal Attraction

Sunlight

Image
Maddy smiled when she heard a loud scream fill her ears. She had been laying in bed awake for the last twenty minutes wondering when Claire would realize her shampoo was going to make her hair red. She tossed the covers off her feet, and placed a 'sleepy' face on as she walked towards the door. She stepped out and rubbed her eyes.

"What are you screaming about?" She ask, faking a yawn.
"YOU! You done this! Didn't you! You little fucking bitch!"
"Claire Juliet White!" Mike yelled from further down the hallway, "Do not blame your sister for this!"

Claire turned around and looked at her father, pointing to her hair, which was red in some places, and orange in the others.

"This is her fault!" Claire yelled.
"How is it my fault? You probably left your shampoo sitting too long. Or maybe it got too hot. I didn't do it." Maddy said, keeping her cool.

Claire stormed back into the bathroom, hoping to free her hair from these bright warm colors. Mike shook his head at his daughter, disappointed in her behavior.

"I'm so sorry, Maddy-- I know you were in your room all night, and sleeping. . . Claire gets feisty when things go wrong with her appearance." Mike said.
"I understand. . . I think I'm going to change shampoos though-- just encase mine is wrong too."
"It's probably just one bottle." Mike said with a smile.

Maddy nodded and walked into her room. She shut her door and laughed. She couldn't believe Mike actually thought something was wrong with the shampoo. What kind of shampoo seriously turns your hair red? Maddy giggled and picked out something to wear. This day couldn't go wrong-- it was already topping the charts for the best day of her life.

Once she was dressed and ready for the day she walked downstairs. She saw Claire wearing a hat over her hair. It was all bunched up in the hat, and looked very stupid.

"It's not that bad, Claire. You could say Hayley Williams from Paramore inspired you." Maddy said.
"Not funny! I know you done it, you little wench. Shampoo just doesn't ruin, or change your hair odd colors!" Claire spat, "I'm not going to school anyways-- I'm fixing it. So whatever. Your little game didn't work."

Mike walked into the kitchen, and adjusted his tie. He frowned at his daughter, hearing her blame Maddy once again.

"Stop blaming her, Claire. You are going to school-- you can phone your hair dresser after school and have her stay in late. You are not missing school."

Claire groaned, and stomped her way out of the house. Maddy sit there and enjoyed a pop tart while Mike sipped away on his coffee.

"How's the car doing?"
"Good. I really love it-- Thanks again." Maddy said.
"No problem." Mike said smiling.

Maddy quickly finished off her pop tart and then grabbed her back pack and headed towards her car. She couldn't wait to drive to school, that was always her favorite time of the day back home. It was her personal time. She placed cKy into the cd player, and then took out of her drive way. She pulled into Forks High and found a parking spot next to Hayley. She stepped out allowing the sun to hit her for the first time since she moved there.The skies weren't over cast like they normally were.

"Wow! Nice car." Hayley said when Maddy stepped out.
"Thanks" Maddy said smiling

Maddy walked into Forks high and noticed that the Cullen's were no where to be seen. Normally she would see them in the hallway somewhere, or even in the parking lot.

"Wonder where the Cullen's are." She said out loud.
"They don't come when the weather is nice." Hayley said.
"What do you mean they don't come when the weather is nice?" Maddy questioned.
"It seems like. . they miss when there's any chance of sun light." Hayley said, "Their dad pulls em out for hiking and stuff."

So, they miss when it's sunny out? Maddy shook her head-- just that small conversation with Hayley brought back all her thoughts of Edward being a vampire. She thought she was ridiculous, but it really did seem to make sense. All the details fit together perfectly.

Edward was practicing his piano when Esme walked into the room. She smiled as she watched his fingers drag across the keys. He hadn't played since his break up with Bella-- and finally he was playing again, which caused her to smile ear to ear.

"That was a lovely new song. Is it for anyone special?" Esme ask.

Edward turned around and flashed his adoptive mother a smile. The song was composed of Maddy-- and she was special.

"Yeah-- but."
"But what?" Esme ask taking a seat on the sofa placed in the room.
"She doesn't realize how special she is." Edward said.
"You haven't showed her?"
"She's kind of off the market-- and I think it's better than way." Edward said.

He had strong feelings for Maddy-- stronger than he ever thought possibly. He thought he loved Bella, but he was wrong. He didn't even know what love was. Clearly he was falling for Maddy harder than he ever thought possible. Esme soon left the room, leaving Edward to concentrate on his music. He sighed, as he thought about her. He wondered if she would think about him today. He, and the rest of his siblings had missed school due to the pretty weather. Though, it was giving rain tomorrow, so they could go.

He kept thinking back to the fair. He couldn't believe those guys. If people weren't around then he would have ripped each one of them to shreds for even thinking about her in that way. He was just glad he caught up with her before Josh attempted to try anything on her.

Maddy walked out of the school with her back pack over her shoulder and walked towards her car. The day had been long and boring without Edward there. The only high light was everyone laughing at Claire's red hair. She didn't know why, but she had spent most of her free time thinking about Edward. She didn't look at him as more than a friend. . . or she thought she didn't, but for some reason she wasn't able to take her mind off him. She wondered if her assumptions of him being a vampire was right. All the facts fit together, but it was hard to believe that vampires existed during this time period.