Fatal Attraction

Sparks

Image
Maddy went to sleep early that night, knowing Edward would be there later to wake her up. She was nervous about talking to him-- especially after knowing how he feels about her. Since the phone conversation at school, she hadn't been able to take her mind off him. She had pictured the two of them dating; and could actually see herself smiling. She wondered if it was possibly though; could a relationship between a human and a vampire work? Was it too soon to move on from Aaron? Was he over Bella?

Edward opened her window slowly and quietly, and stepped inside. He stood there for a few minutes and watched her sleep. He couldn't believe he was here just the night before, and had allowed temptation to get the best of him. Never in his 108 years had he experienced feelings like this. Bella had never managed to bring this side of him out. He walked over to her bed side with grace, and lowered his ice cold hand down and brushed a lock of chocolate hair away from her face. He watched as she slowly stirred in her sleep, and then finally after a moment her eyes opened to reveal her brown orbs. She smiled lightly and then raised up off the bed, allowing the covers to fall off her torso. She patted the empty space beside her, and Edward swallowed hard and took the seat. The burning in his throat was nothing compared to how he felt for this girl. His feelings for her were on fire; she made him feel so alive.

"Hi." She whispered quietly.
"Hi." He said allowing his topaz eyes to guide over her.
"Did you just get back?" She questioned.

He nodded and then reached over and moved some of her hair behind her ear. The moon light coming through the window placed a blue glow over her face. She looked absolutely beautiful.

"You said it's dangerous. . . now explain." She said crossing her arms.

Edward chuckled. He expected to at least talk for a bit before jumping right to the point.

"What, no how was your trip?" He ask with a smile.
"Nope! Straight to the point." She said.

He laughed. What was she a mind reader?

"It's dangerous because of what I am." He said simply.
"But you had a relationship with Bella and was fine with it." She pointed out.
"But-- I don't think I had the same feelings for Bella as I do for you." He said.
"What makes them so different?" She ask.

Edward groaned. Why did she have to be so picky with her questions? Couldn't she just take his answer and settle for it? Did he honestly need to explain why it was dangerous for her to be around him.

"Because-- you make me feel very different than Bella did."
"How do I make you feel?" She ask, scooting a bit closer to him. She was sensing the connection between them.

He sighed, and ran his fingers through his perfect hair. How was he suppose to describe his feelings for her without freaking her out? There was no word that would describe the amount of love he held in his heart for Maddy. He knew it was too soon to tell her, but he admitted it to himself. He had fallen in love with her. Head over heels in love. True love.

"You make me feel alive." He whispered, "Like I'm not a monster." He finished, bowing his head down.

He didn't want to see her reaction. He was never scared of anyone's opinions or reactions to him before, but Maddy was different. His world was now revolving around her.

Maddy was shocked by what Edward said. It was probably the most romantic thing anyone had ever said to her. She reached over and placed her hand on his cold chin, and ignored the chills that shot down her spine. She raised his head slowly and looked deep into his golden eyes. She smiled slowly, and then leaned over. She didn't think about what she was going to do next-- she didn't know if it was allowed, or if it was against the rules. She had no clue if it was dangerous, of if it was safe. All she knew was that it's what she wanted to do.

Edward saw her inching closer and closer, and he knew he should back away; but he couldn't. He was frozen. Before he could react; her warm soft lips were against his cold stone ones. He never thought it was so possible for so many sparks to fly in one soft kiss. Neither of them deepened it just yet.

Maddy felt a spark shoot through her body when her warm lips landed on his colder ones. She placed her hand on the back of his neck, and brought his lips down on hers even harder. She heard him groan as she fell down onto her bed, pulling him with her. She parted his lips with her tongue. Edward groaned as she tried to deepen the kiss; he wasn't sure if he could handle that just yet. He blocked her advance, and then softly broke away from the kiss, leaving her lips red and possibly bruised from his force.

"I'm sorry." He muttered.
"Did I cross the line?" She whispered.

He didn't know what to say. She had crossed the line, she had crossed the line the day he developed feelings for her. He sighed, as he got up and walked over to her window. He didn't know what to say, or what to do.

"Don't go." Maddy whispered.

He turned around slowly and looked over at her. The moon light was still shinning over her beautiful facial features. He slowly walked back over to the bed and took his seat beside her.

"You going to stay all night, or am I going to wake up to an empty bed again?" She ask.
"It's hard for me to stay the night." He admitted.
"Well-- try, please." She said.

Why did she want him to stay the night? He wondered as she pulled the covers up over her and moved her body so it was comfortable against the bed. Did she have any feelings for him? Did that kiss mean as much to her as it did to him? Did she feel the sparks?

"Maddy. . ." He whispered.
"Hmmm?" She ask, almost asleep.
"Do you. . . uh. never mind." He said quickly.

She opened her eyes and looked at him, knowing what he was going to ask. He was wondering about her feelings towards him. A smile curved into her lips. She thought the kiss had made her feelings obvious, not only to her, but to him as well.

"I like you, Edward. I thought the kiss made that pretty clear." She stated, as if it was the most obvious thing.

He chuckled.

"Just making sure." He stated.

She smiled, then then made herself comfortable again. Edward watched as she slowly drifted off to sleep. Now that they had their feelings sorted out, the real problems came. Could they have a relationship, or was it too dangerous?