Fatal Attraction

Burning Hell

Image
Edward sit in the chair, running his fingers through her dark hair. It had been two days since her transformation. He hadn't left her sight since he had returned from showing the family little Mason. He smiled when he thought about their son. Maddy was probably going to have a fit when she woke up. Mason was growing quickly. In two days, he already looked a month or so old. They had found out he could survive on both human food, and blood, but he preferred blood.

"Just one more day." Edward said, leaning down and pressing his lips against her forehead.

He smiled when he thought about Alice's vision again. He always knew there was a reason why he couldn't hear Maddy's thoughts clearly, but he never would have imagined that she too would be a mind reader. That explained the rumble of whispers though. And, how she sometimes knew even what he was thinking. Emmett believed that Mason was going to have the power also, especially when he got a bit older, and managed to talk. Jasper was already called them 'The Family of Mind Readers'.

Maddy felt as if she was burning in hell. Everyone had warned her that she would wish she was dead; but she didn't. She knew there was a reason she had to endure this flaming pain. There was actually three reasons for it. Edward. Mason. and her father, Chris. All three of them meant so much to her, and she couldn't wait to see them-- especially Mason. She heard his cry before the pain took her under. It was the most beautiful sound in the world.

The pain was slowly fading, but it was still strong. She tried concentrating on what was going on around her, but she couldn't. The only thing she felt was burning. She tried to concentrate on Edward's beautiful face, but was finding it hard to bring the picture of his angelic face into this burning hell.

"Mason wants you." Rosalie said, packing the small boy into the room.
"How can you tell?" Edward ask, reaching for his son.
"Because he refuses to allow me or Esme to give him his bottle."

He smiled, as he took the blood filled bottle from Rosalie's hands. He placed his son in his arms, and turned the bottle up, allowing him to sip away on the blood inside. Rosalie smirked, "Told you."

"He's a bit spoiled." Edward stated.
"A bit?" Rosalie laughed, "He's going to be the most spoiled kid ever. Alice is out shopping for clothes right now--- again!" Rosalie said laughing.
"You think It'll be safe for her to be around him at first?" Rosalie ask.
"I'm not sure-- if she's anything like Chris. . .then she'll adjust fine."
"Yeah. . . Plus, Mason's blood isn't as tempting as a regular human. I think he's much more vampire than human" Rosalie stated.

Rosalie walked out of the room, leaving Edward and Mason alone in the room with Maddy. Edward fed Mason until the bottle was empty, and then placed him on his shoulder. and tried burping the small baby. Mason let out a small burp, and Edward smiled.

"I bet you can't wait to meet your mommy." Edward said.

Mason's eyes sparkled every time someone mentioned the word "Mommy". It seemed like the small infant knew what the word meant.

"She's so sweet, funny, and caring. She's going to be really protective of you though, so no girlfriends for a long time." Edward said, causing a small giggle to come from Mason's mouth.

Edward could hear a new voice down the stairs and groaned. He could smell the owner of the voice a mile away. He listened as Jacob Black entered the house.

"Where is Maddy?" He ask.
"She's fine, Jacob." Rosalie muttered.
"I want to see her."
"She's not completed yet." Carlisle said.

Sitting next to Jasper, Chris's nose was turned up in disgust, "Who is that?" He whispered to Jasper.
"Jacob Black."
"He smells like a hundred wet dogs."

Jasper laughed, "He's a werewolf."
"Disgusting. . . Why does he want to see my daughter?"
"He imprinted on her-- thinks he's some sort of big brother figure." Jasper explained.
"Ugh. . . He smells so bad!" Chris said.

"I need to see her." Jacob demanded.
"Follow me then, mutt." Rosalie said and began walking up the stairs.

Edward looked towards the door as he slowly opened. Rosalie walking in first, followed behind by Jacob.

"She's fine, Jacob-- One more day and she should be awake." Edward said, before Jacob had a chance to speak.
"Is that the little monster?" Jacob ask, his face unpleasing.
"Do not call our son a monster, his name is Mason, and yes."
"He looks like her a bit." Jacob pointed out.
"He does."
"Was she in pain?"
"Carlisle said not as much as we thought she would be."
"So. . . she'll be like you in a day or so?"
"Yes."
"Disgusting." Jacob sighed, "But don't worry-- I talked to Sam and the pack. I explained to them that you had my permission. Everything is fine with the treaty."
"Thank you."
"I didn't do it for you, leech. I done it for her. It's what she wanted-- I couldn't stand to know she's unhappy because of a decision I made."

Edward nodded his head. Maybe Jacob imprinted on Maddy for a reason. He couldn't tell her no-- especially if it was something she wanted. Because of his imprint to her, it allowed her to be changed into a vampire without damage being caused to the treaty. She was also protected for life by a giant wolf.

"Try to tell your family to hunt on their land though-- we caught scent of them a bit south of La Push."

Edward burrowed his brows together, "We haven't been south."
"You haven't?"
"Positive."

This is what Edward had been scared of. Jacob seemed to read the fear on his face.

"I'll go check it out."
"Thank you, Jacob."
"No problem-- So glad I can be of assistance." He replied sarcastically.
♠ ♠ ♠
if anyone is interested, I've got a new story out titled "Crimson", it's an original vampire story. I won't be updating it as much as my fan fictions due to I want the chapters to be longer, but I will be updating it pretty decently :)ext chapter you find out what Maddy's power is. Though if you think really hard about it. . .