‹ Prequel: I'll Remember You
Status: SEMI-HIATUS

Assurance Closure

.Nerves.

Oli was driving them to his parents house, whom he had called right before they left, to inform him that he was coming over and bringing some people. they agreed and said that they were waiting.

"Brookie, they'll love you." she bit her lip, Oli lacing one hand with hers, keeping the other on the wheel.

"Daddy, what should I call them?" Embry asked from the back seat. Oli bit his lip.

"I don't know. Maybe they'll tell you." she smiled and nodded.

Brooke couldn't calm her nerves. It was one thing to be in love with a boy and then meet his parents. But now she has a child with said boy and still haven't met his parents. she shook her head, but that did nothing to calm the nervous, sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. Oli felt the nerves in her body begin to shake.

"Babe, you'll be fine, I promise." she nodded and then they were in the driveway.

Embry started to bounce up and down, becoming excited. Oli smiled and he and Brooke got out. Oli picked Embry up out of the car and set her on the ground. Embry ran to Brooke and she picked up the tot. Oli took her free hand and the trio walked into the house.

"Mum? Dad?" he called out.

"In 'ere! I'm makin' ya some food!" Oli smiled.

Brooke gave him a look, and set down Embry.

"Oli. Who did ya bring?"

the woman walked out and her eyes landed on the little girl and woman, whose hand was laced with her sons. Her eyes went back to the small tot, who looked so much like Oliver that she knew that she was his. the little girl looked up at the woman and stood tentatively between the couple.

"Why 'ello." the woman looked at the tot, and smiled, "what's your name, little one?"

"Embry."

"Are ya 'ungry?" the girl nodded. the woman smiled and reached her hand out. the tot looked at her parents and both nodded. she turned back to Oli's mom and took her hand.

the woman took her to the kitchen and Oli and Brooke could hear the woman talk to the tot.

"Ya want a turkey sandwich?"

"I don't eat meat. Mommy and daddy don't either." the woman laughed.

"Is that your mum out there?"

"Yes. And daddy too." the woman nodded.

"Stay in 'ere, alright? I'll be back." the tot nodded and she gave her a glass of milk and some chocolate chip cookies.

The woman walked back into the room where Oli and Brooke stood.

"Mum, this is Brooke." Brooke gave her a wary smile.

"'ello Brooke." Oli scratched the back of his neck.

"I'm bettin' you want an explanation?" the woman gave him a look. he nodded.

"Alrigh'. Well remember when I had brought a girl over here, and she lived with me for a few months, because we were together?" she nodded, "Well, that was Brooke." he sighed.

"Brooke this is my mum, Carol." Brooke gave the woman a smile and the woman smiled back.

Carol stepped forward and pulled Brooke into a hug. Brooke hugged back tentatively

"So...Brooke. That little girl in there is Oliver's?" there was an obvious awkward tension in the room.

"Yes ma'am. She's Oli's." the woman bit her lip, and Brooke sighed. "I'm sorry that you had to find out like this, but...i just didn't know....I didn't know how to tell Oli either."

"Did you know you were pregnant when you broke-up with him?" Brooke shook her head.

"No I didn't."

"Are you two together again?" she asked, noticing that Oli was holding the young woman's hand again.

"Yeah. I...I love 'er." both young women looked at him shocked.

Carol smiled and looked at the two. Brooke smiled, and both women had tears in their eyes.

"My Oliver is in love." Oli looked down, his face flushing. Brooke laughed and wrapped him in a hug. his arms wrapped around her.

"Oliver, may....May I talk to Brooke?" both looked semi-alarmed. "I promise, I won't pry."

The young couple looked at each other and then Brooke walked with Carol. Carol took Brooke's hand when they sat down outside. Brooke sat there uncomfortable.

"Oliver means a lot to me." Brooke started. the woman nodded. "And....I'd do anything to keep him happy. I-"

"I know that. I can see it. What I want to know is, why ya didn't come 'round before?" Brooke bit her lip.

"I don't know. Oli and I...we were just content with spending time together. We didn't mean to not introduce."

"'as 'e met your mother and father?"

"No." Brooke said quickly. Too quickly.

"Why not?" Brooke bit her lip.

"My mom is now dead and I don't know if my father is or isn't alive." Carol's hand came to her mouth.

"Oh Brooke. I'm sorry." Brooke shook her head.

"They weren't family." Carol sighed and placed her hand over Brooke's.

"You are a part of this family." Brooke felt tears come to her eyes. "I know Oli loves ya. I could see it years ago when he talked about you. Years ago, when ya first were together." Brooke blushed. "You'll always have a place 'ere." the woman paused. "Did ya 'ave anyone when she were born?" Brooke shook her head.

"No."

"Did...did she ever 'ave a father figure?" Brooke felt the tears flooding her eyes. she shook her head.

"I never wanted her to get attached to anyone. Except for Oli, and the boys."

"You always wanted 'er to meet 'im?" her blue eyes widened.

"Of course! I always planned on telling Oli. Always." she bit her lip. "I just didn't know how I was going to make that happen." she sighed looking down.

Carol got up and stood beside the girl. Brooke looked up and the woman was smiling down at her. She offered her a hand and Brooke took it. Carol helped her up and they walked back into the house. Oli and Embry were laying on the couch. Embry was sleeping against her father. Oli wasn't focused on the show playing, he was looking down at his daughter.

"He's such a good father. He didn't question when I told him that she was his."

"Honey, I could tell she was his." Brooke laughed softly. Carol led Brooke to the kitchen.

"Are you two trying to work things out?" Brooke sighed.

"Well, we're dating. I mean....I guess we've always been a little more than that, but officially we're only dating."

"Do ya ever want it to be more?" Brooke hesitated.

"Of course I do. I love him."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please?