‹ Prequel: I'll Remember You
Status: SEMI-HIATUS

Assurance Closure

.Can't Runaway.

Brooke was sitting in her bosses office.Her blue eyes were fixed on the spot that the window cleaner forgot to get.

"So what do you say Brooke?"

"Well-"

"I hope you'll say yes." he boss said, which was code for "You'd better agree or else."
Brooke sighed.

"I'll go.' She said reluctantly. Her boss smiled.

"Great. I"ll call Mr. Davis tonight."

"When do we leave?

"We?"

"Yes. Embry and I. My daughter."

"Oh right, right. You'll leave next week. You'll be staying there for two years."

"Two years?!" she said shocked. Brooke didn't know that the length of time would be so long. She figured a few months, not enough time to run into Oli.

"Why yes. You'll be overlooking a few more projects. Like profession photographers and the photographers who take those pictures of famous bands." Brooke inwardly groaned.

'Of course' she said in her head.

"Oh okay." she agreed.

"Great. That's all. You can take the rest of the week off to get ready for your departure."
Brooke nodded and then walked out of the office. She walked to hers and grabbed a box.

She filled up the contents with everything personal in the office. She then walked out the door.

She carried the box and then hailed a cab. She got out and then dropped the box off at her house. She then walked next door, and knocked on the door. She only heard one set of footsteps walking toward the door. It opened to reveal, Bertha.

"Hey."

"Oh hello Brooke. You're here quite early."

"I know. It's well, because I-we're having to move." the woman's eyes widened.

"Really? Why?"

"My job."

"Where are you going?"

"England." the woman's eyes widened again. Just then Brooke heard the patter of small
feet. She saw Embry and the young girl ran to her.

"Mommy! You're here early!"

"Yes honey. We're...we're going." she said softly. the girl nodded and ran to get her shoes and jacket. All the other little children looked on. They had never seen Brooke before.

"Is that you mommy?" a younger girl asked Embry. She nodded.

"Yeah. That's my mommy."

"Wow, she pwetty." she said. Brooke smiled and then she and Embry were off.

"Why did you come get me so early?" Embry asked confused.

"Because honey, we're moving." she said gently. The tot's eyes widened. They looked just
like Oli's.

"Why?"

"Mommy's job."

"Where we going?"

"England." the little girl thought a bit.

"Isn't that where you said daddy lives. And where uncle Landon would be?" Brooke felt tears come to her eyes.

"Yes honey, that's where." the little girl smiled.

"Maybe I'll see daddy!"

"Maybe honey." Brooke hid her tears.

"When we going?" Brooke laughed softly. Embry had a habit of going in reverse with her
English when excited.

"At the end of the week." she smiled and ran to her room. Brooke smiled and walked to the hall closet and brought out some sturdy boxes from when she moved here.

She set them out and then made a list of what else she would need.

Brooke wasn't sure what the future held for her anymore. It seemed like she'd never be able to run away from her past.

____________________________________________________________________

Oli sighed and sat down on the couch and brought a beer bottle to his lips. He took a large sip and then looked out the window of his flat. He was trying to block out thoughts of Brooke.

Brooke with her perfect blue eyes.

How she was a true vegetarian, not just one to impress him.

How she was so supportive to people whom she knew would make it.

How she never failed to make him smile, even if was just by looking at him.

Oli never felt butterflies anymore.

In fact it had been a long time since he actually felt some real feeling of happiness for anyone but his band
♠ ♠ ♠
yes, the second one. :]

tell me what you think?