Number 13

One and Only

“Take him away.”

I hate judges. All I did was steal a car, now I get three years in jail.

“State your name.” After being undressed, put in front of a wall for mug shots, getting a black and white stripped jumpsuit, they finally asked for a name.

“Frank. Frank Iero.”

“Welcome to New Jersey County jail Frank Iero, your new home for the next three years.”

Great.

The guard led me over to my cell, #6664.

“Don’t be nasty with your cell mate, you do and we don’t give a shit. Got it?”

“Yep.”

The sound of the door closing, my freedom gone.

I took in my surroundings, the bed, the toilet, small bard window.

I sat on my lumpy mattress and looked over to the cellmate.

He had long black, greasy looking hair that went to his shoulders, hazel eyes that didn’t shine, a pointed nose, a red mark under his right eye. He was beautiful.

This beautiful cellmate showed me his arm, 13 cuts made there way up it. The top cut was the newest, it wasn’t white like the rest of them, but a light pink.

“13, 13, 13, 13, 13-“ The cellmate mumbled over and over again. Wonderful they put me in with the crazy one.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

A month later my cellmate still hasn’t spoken to me. He lies in his bed and writes 13 on the wall, on the same spot over and over again.

He stares at me though as he mumbles 13.

More months went by without him speaking to me, just staring and mumbling 13.

I decided to confront him one day.

“So, what you in for?”

“You don’t want to know.” He spoke.

“Hey you actually talk! I guess we have improved. I’m Frank.”

“Gerard.”

“Well Gerard, if you don’t want to tell me why you’re here, how about how long have you been here?”

“9 years.”

“How long do you have left?”

“Life.”

I knew after that he would say no more.

“Well, at least I have a cellmate that knows there way around, right?” I said trying to make light conversation.

He glared back at me, his eyes saying to leave him alone.

So I did.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

“You gonna eat that?” I plopped my tray next to Gerard’s and sat next to him at the lunch table.

“You don’t give up do you.” His eyes shifted from his tray to my eyes.

“Well why I’m stuck in this jail, I would at least like a friend.”

“And you’re asking me to be your friend Frankie-boy?”

“That would be nice.”

“That’s not a smart choice.”

“I’m not one for making smart choices. Why do you think I’m in jail?”

“You make a good point. No I’m not going to eat that, here.” He plopped down his sandwich on my tray, and then he left.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

A year has gone by and Gerard and I have gotten closer. I’m now his boyfriend. He asked me randomly one day and I thought hey why not!? I have some news to tell him, but I’m sure he wont be too happy about it.

“Gee?”

“Yes Frankie?”

“They told me today that I’m going to be let out early for good behavior.”

“That’s great hun.”

“Are you mad?”

“No, you don’t deserve to be in a place like this. You deserve to be out there playing your guitar, making people laugh, having fun.”

“But I don’t want to leave you here all alone Gee.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.”

“I promise to-“

“Don’t make any promises to me Frank.” Gerard interrupted, “Actually, promise me you will find someone else who actually does deserve your love.”

I really didn’t want to agree, but what other choice do I have?

“Sure Gerard.”

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

“Gee I’m gonna be let out in a few months, and you never told me what you did to get in here.” Gerard and I were lying together on my bed in our cell, it was around 3 in the morning.

“I told you Frank, you don’t want to know what I have done.”

“And when I first came you were constantly obsessing over the number 13, what was up with that?”

I felt him shutter, maybe remembering what he had done.

“You don’t want to know.” Was all he said as his hands gripped tighter around my waist.

“Did you murder someone Gerard?”

I hear him take in a deep inhale, “Yes.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know.”

I brought his hand to my lips, “It’s ok, I’m not going to think of you any differently. I love you Gerard.”

“Please, don’t say that.”

“But it’s true.”

His hands left my waist and he headed over to his bed, “Just sleep now Frankie.”

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

“I’m leaving tomorrow Gerard.”

“I know.”

“I think we should do something.”

“Like?”

“Make love to me Gee?”

Gerard’s eyes went from staring at the wall to me, my body, my mind, my soul, I can feel his eyes burning through me.

We made love in jail cell #6664. Pure bliss spilled through the bars around us. I never felt so one and whole in my life. We cuddled together, just relaxing, being together one last time.

“I love you Gerard.”

He didn’t say anything. I felt him move away from me, putting his pants on, he moved back over to his bed. He started rummaging around under the bed bring out plastic gloves, and a knife.

“Gerard, where did you get that?”

“No one should ever love me Frank.”

“But Gerard, I-“

“NO!!” He yelled as he slid the knife across his arm, above the 13 mark.

“Gerard what are you doing!?”

“I told you, you didn’t want to know.” He smirked, giving an evil, demonic look to him, “Come to me 14.

“14? Gee, what are you saying?” I started panicking now, my eyes wonder from his, to the knife in his glove-covered hand.

“14, 14, 14, 14, 14-“ He really was crazy.

“No one must ever love me, lies is all love is, pure lies. You still love me Frank?”

I didn’t even get a chance to answer as the knife pushed trough my chest.

“14, 14, 14, 14, 14-“

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

“Today the New Jersey County Jail sends a man to his death after finding out he was the one to kill Frank Iero, as well as the other 10 killings in the same jail that were thought to be suicides. The man is named Gerard Way. Before he killed three others, his mother, father, and brother and was sent to life in jail. Committing 14 murders, he has definitely earned the death penalty.”

14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14………….
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Please!