Warped

Nine In The Afternoon

I had the room to myself while Brendon was gone to see about something to eat. That guy could eat more than I could and that's saying something! I wasn't expecting him back for sometime so I set up my Zune and blasted some music while I was taking a shower to relax.

I stepped out of the steamy shower and into the cold room with my Zune and speakers in hand. I was so relaxed in my tank top and short, I started to sing to what was playing at the moment.

I saw you strut into the room, My heart started pumpin' when you broke out them moves I sang along with Family Force 5. You know, for some a Christan band... They make some awesome music!

I sung along with Soul Glow Activatur and I danced along with the beat of the music. I hadn't been able to let this loose for a while. I think its overdue. I whipped the towel off my head and started to twirl it around as I danced. I had a half of mind to call Van over here and dance with me but something tells me that I shouldn't disturb him.

So I kept up my fantastic dance moves and awesome singing but I didn't notice that the door had opened with a small click that was drowned out by the music. I must have looked like a complete fucking idiot but at the moment I didn't care.

When the song finished, I heard clapping behind me. I whirled around to see Brendon who was leaning against the wall watching me. My face flushed red as I went to turn off my music.

"Why are you do that for? You can sing and dance pretty good!" He protested but I shot him a withering look. I was too embarrassed to even speak to him at the moment.

"Leave me alone.." I lowly said as I exited the room, without shoes just with myself. I stomped up the hallway with Brendon on my heels. I raced to the elevator and watched with some satisfaction as it closed in his face.

I can't believe I let him see that..

I reached the roof where the fresh air was. The weather was warm thankfully as I went outside in what I had on, hoping to hell that I didn't get sick from my hair still being wet. I went to the edge of the building and looked down. Everything had an interesting perspective from up here.

I sighed and looked up at the sky, trying to get my embarrassment under control when I heard the door to the building open. I turned around to see Brendon again. I wanted to pull my hair out in frustration, why couldn't he get the hint and leave me alone?!

"Jalene, I think its time you listen to me.."

"I don't have to listen to you, Brendon." I poked his chest for emphasis, "In fact, why don't you leave me alone?"

"Well, if we're gonna be like that, I don't have to leave you alone. So why can't you get it through your thick skull..?" He almost roared, "I mean , Jesus! You're driving me insane!"

"Well same here buddy.." I spat back, not catching on to what he was implying. I stomped over to the door only to find out that it had been locked from the inside. I twisted the handle frantically then started to pound on the door.

"Ok, who the fuck ever locked the damn door better unlock it before I break it down!" I screamed, knowing someone had to hear me. Brendon came over and gave me a puzzled look and tried to open it himself but he had no luck.

"Shit, it looks like we're stuck up here. Nice going.." He said as he leaned against it.

"Well we'd wouldn't be up here if it wasn't for you..." I muttered back, starting to shiver a little. During our little spat, it had gotten darker and colder. Great. I'm stuck up here with Brendon and its getting colder. Yay.

"Do you have your phone?" I asked Brendon wearily. He felt this pockets and finally produced his sidekick. He called each of the guys but each one of them wouldn't answer their phone.

I started to shiver, trying to keep it in control but it was no use. Brendon noticed this and started to take off his jacket that he seemed to always wear.

"Oh no. That's yours and I'm not putting it on..."

"Well its that or you get sick and die."

"I highly doubt I'm gonna die from shivers..."

"Jalene.."

"No fucking way, plus you'll get cold and die then all the teenies would hunt me down and kill me..."

"Well, I highly doubt that I'm gonna die from shivers so..." He smirked, using my words against me. I sighed and put the damn thing on. Just then, Spencer's head popped from the door.

"Got your voicemail." He grinned and let us in. I could have hugged Spencer. He was my new hero.

We all were in the elevator in silence when the doors suddenly opened, but it wasn't on our floor. Spencer exited and waved goodbye at us. Ok.

So I rode in the elevator in silence until Brendon sighed and pushed the stop button. I gave him a questioning look that mingled on aggravation. He turned to me and grabbed me. He placed a soft kiss on my lips and pressed me up against the wall of the elevator.

I was thoroughly surprised, even more so when I responded to that kiss. His full lips were so fucking soft and gentle, it made me think that I was being kissed by air. He gradually got firmer with the kiss until he broke it to look me straight in the eyes.

"Jalene, like I said. You've been driving me crazy and I don't know why you want to push me away but I can't stand ricocheting off of each other any longer..." He said. Suddenly the elevator started to move again and then we were on our floor.

He exited, looking back at me but I was still stunned that he was that bold to come up and kiss me.

What am I gonna do?