Warped

Where Is Your Posture? Oh No,No

*Van’s POV*

I walked into my mansion that my mom’s record company money and my dad’s entertainment law firm money paid for, this was something I hated and loved at the same time. Being the hottest record company owners son, got me into the most exclusive parties, the hottest clubs, and the best concerts, but on the other hand it got me friends that only liked me for these things. I walked into the kitchen where my mom was cooking something on the stove that smelt delicious, that’s what I loved about my mom, she made sure she was home to cook dinner every night.

“Hello Evan, how was Jalene?” asked my mom with a smile.

“She was good mom, I told her the good news about the Warped Tour” I said with a smile, my mom smiled back at me.

“I knew she would love it, she will get a lot of business there and you get to do my dirty work”

“All I am doing is handing out summer samplers of your new bands, mom”

“I know, but I will need you to make sure that my bands are taken care of” said my mom stirring something on the stove.

“Don’t worry, I will take care of your precious Panic At The Disco” I said rolling my eyes.

“That’s my boy, your father called, he won’t be home for dinner tonight”

“Mom, he is never home for dinner” I said shaking my head, my mom frowned.

“He use to be here all the time”

“Well hell warmed back up, we will have to wait til it freezes again”

“I need you at the venue early in the morning to set up the Skull and Dice booth” said my mom picking up her iphone and punching something in.

“How early are we talking?” I asked, I do not like getting up early.

“Least by ten, Panic goes on at noon. I told the woman at will call to give you an all access badge, so you will be able to go anywhere you want to” said my mom still punching stuff in.

“Mom, I know the drill, I have done this before” I said smiling, I had been going to concerts since I was six.

“I know, Evan” said my mom with a smile, I wish she would call me Van like everyone else but she said she hates nicknames, I was about to say something to my mom when “I Wanna be Sedated” filled the air, I looked at my cell phone to see that it was Jalene, I answered.

“What’s up beyatch” I said as my mom looked at me and rolled he eyes.

“I just saw the fucking band list! We are going to see some fucking awesome bands!” said Jalene with excitement in her voice, I couldn’t help but to laugh.

“Um, yeah, did you happen to see that your favorite band, Panic is going to be there?”

“Yes, why the fuck do you think I am yelling right now, and you know that you love them too”

“They are ok” I said, I did like Panic, they were the only band that my mom worked with that I haven’t met.

“More like awesome, “ said Jalene as I heard a crashing sound on the phone, “Fucking shit”

“What happened? Are you ok?” I asked worried.

“Yeah, just tripped over my shoes, fuck let me go, I will see you bright and early” said Jalene as the line went dead, I laughed, Jalene was always tripping over shit, I was surprised that she lived to be twenty. I walked back into the kitchen where mom was putting food on plates, excited that tomorrow I was going on the first stop of the Warped Tour.