Warped

I Write Sins, Not Tragedies

Van’s POV

I couldn’t believe that I was sitting across from Ryan at a vegetarian restraunt, it was nice getting away from the others for a night, it was like a date. No you don’t Van, don’t think like that. I looked up from my menu to see Ryan looking at his menu like it was going to bite him or jump out at him.

“Are you ok?” I asked curiously, Ryan looked up from the menu.

“Yeah, just trying to figure out if a Wheat Grass salad tastes as nasty as it sounds” said Ryan with a disgusted look.

“It does, “: I said with a smile, “why not get a veggie burger, you can’t tell the difference”

“I doubt that” said Ryan with a smile as the waitress came over to us, she looked like a stick with bottle blonde hair, she looked at booth of us, but looked at Ryan hard with a smile, I hate her already.

“What can I get you sweeties?” asked the girl, not even bothering to look at me.

“I am going to get the portabella mushroom burger” said Ryan putting down the menu.

“I will have the same, please” I said as she grabbed the menus and walked off.

“I think she liked you” I said trying to hide my jealousy.

“Probably so, I could probably bang her in the kitchen and get us free meals for life” said Ryan with a smile, I forced a smile on my face. I didn’t like him talking like that, I could feel my breath catching in my throat.

“I am going to the restroom, I will be right back” I said getting up from the table and walked to the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror.

“Don’t do this to yourself, Evan! He is straight, he dates models” I said to my reflection, I walked out of the bathroom to see the bottle blonde at the table conversing with Ryan, they were both smiling and talking, I could feel the anger boiling inside of me. I watched the girl hand Ryan a piece of paper folded up, he took it and smiled at her.

“Call me later, I get off at eleven” said the girl with a smile.

“Will do” said Ryan with a smile, I can’t take this, I walked quickly out of the door into the night air. I needed to get away from this place, away from Ryan, and defiantly away from that whore. Tears started to fall from my eyes, but I didn’t care, this was the first time I have ever cried over a person.

“Van where are you going?” asked Ryan from behind me, I didn’t stop, I kept walking I needed to get away from him
.
“Leave me alone, Ryan” I said my voice cracking.

“Van, what’s wrong? Are you crying”

“No, please leave me alone” I said as Ryan caught up with me and turned me around to face him, he looked into my puffy eyes and frowned.

“What’s wrong?” asked Ryan concerned.

“Nothing, I just want to go to the bus. You stay here with your new friend” I said looking towards the restaurant.

“The waitress, what about, “ said Ryan as a light bulb seemed to flash, “are you jealous?”

“No, why would I be jealous?” I asked forcing myself to laugh.

“Van, talk to me, what’s wrong?”

“I am ok” I lied as the tears started flowing from my eyes, Ryan pulled me into a tight hug. He rubbed my back gently as I cried on his shoulder, I had never done this before in some weird way I liked it.

“Please tell me what’s wrong” said Ryan still hugging me.

“I like you, Ryan. I know your straight and we can only be friends. I will go home if you want me to, I know that it will be weird being on tour with me” I was about to say more when Ryan pulled away from me, I waited for him to punch me or something, but he had a smile on his face.

“I don’t want you to leave the tour, then I couldn’t do this when I wanted to” said Ryan with a smile as he crashed his full lips on to mine, I didn’t know how to react, but when he pulled my body closer. I opened my mouth and let his tongue enter, I wrapped my arms around him tightly, his lips tasted like marshmallow cream today. Ryan pulled away from me and smiled at me, I didn’t know what to say, so I just smiled at him as he walked the two blocks to where the bus was parked, I was on like cloud eleven, but that was short lived as we got closer to the bus I saw Jalene yelling loudly at a crowd of boys, Ryan and I ran to the bus to see what was going on.