Warped

Tacks For Snacks

Van’s POV

“I cannot believe my bra is now a prop on the Panic stage” said Jalene in an annoyed voice as I walked her back to her booth, I smiled big, she noticed and punched me playfully in the arm.

“Ouch, “ I said rubbing my arm, “What did I do?”

“You laughed, plus you didn’t stop them from using my bra”

“What did you want me to do? Argue with Brendon Urie? We have been on tour with them for an hour and I have a feeling he does what ever he wants to do” I said shaking my head, we reached the booth where a line was already forming, “your fans await”

“There is no way I can do all these people, there is like fifty people here” said Jalene on the verge of a panic attack, I put my hands on her shoulders and looked directly into her eyes.
“You will do it, you will rock at it, and you will breathe” I said doing deep breathes, she did them too, I smiled at her and left her to do her business. I walked to the Skull and Bones booth, I was the only one doing this, I wish my mom sent me a helper like she sent for Jalene, I was walking through the backstage area to the booth on the other side of the stage when I heard someone signing, someone with an awesome voice, as I got closer I recognized the song, it was “Karma Police”. I walked to the origin on the voice to see Ryan standing beside an amp singing as he tuned his bass.

“You should sing more often” I said as Ryan jumped, “Sorry”

“It’s ok, you just scared the shit out of me” said Ryan his breathing rapid as he tried to slow it down.

“Sorry, my mom says I walk like a panther, no one can hear me coming, I’m very stealth”
“I see that. So has Jalene calmed down?” asked Ryan as a smiled formed on the corner of his mouth.

“No, she is probably planning some sort of revenge, I think Brendon has met his match” I said with a grin.

“This will be an interesting road trip then, huh?”
“Very,” I said taking a good look at the outfit Ryan was wearing, it was very vintage and cool, mine on the other hand was preppy and stupid, for someone reason this brought a sense of depression in my mind, “I better go man the booth”

“Alright, Van, I will see you after the set” said Ryan with a smile, I gave one back and walked towards the booth. I felt so stupid, but there was something else I was feeling, something I hadn’t felt before and something I didn’t know what it was. I pulled on my shirt, the preppiness of it was making me itch. I was now at the booth, where a crowd was forming, the security guard gave me a head nod, he was no doubt making sure no one hassled me or stole anything, two fan girls where the first in the line, they looked at me and then looked at each other before they screamed loudly, I covered my ears.

“You have an all access pass with Panic on it, do you know them?” asked the blonde girl excitedly.

“Duh, Sarah, this is Van Corbett, his mom owns Skull and Dice Records” said the brunette.

“Oh..My..God, you’re the heir to Skull and Dice” said the blonde.

“I guess that’s one way of looking at it” I said with a smile.

“Can we get there autographs?” asked the brunette.

“Yes, I will get the band to sign a poster for you. If you leave your address I will have it sent to you” I said as they both screamed again and quickly wrote something on piece of papers and handed it to me, they both bought Panic tour shirts before they walked off, I looked at the piece of paper with their addresses on it and one had a special note, Ryan- call me 555-9967. I put the paper in my pocket, something about the girl giving Ryan her number made me mad, I wish I knew what was going on.