Unforgettable?

Four

Gerard's P.O.V

When I got back home I ran into my room, I needed sometime to think. She was right. I was so selfish, God, I need a cigarette. I dug around in my pocket and found my lighter. I reached up onto the counter above me and grabbed a cigarette from the open packet and sat down with a picture of me & Violet, it was a picture from our prom, we decided to go together, and she decided to finally give me what i wanted. Frank, one of our friends thankfully got a picture of it for me. It was us on the dance floor, my arms on her waist and her arms around my neck, I remember it like it was yesterday. She stood up on her toes and gently kissed my lips, leaving a tingling feeling around my mouth. Magic. I snapped back into reality and gently stroked her hair on the picture as I breathed out the smoke I had inhaled.

Three hours later and i was still awake, listening to Iron Maiden's 'Run To The Hills'. Should I call her? I know she'd still be awake as she had very bad insomnia. I picked up my cell and decided to call her house phone, just in case she was still mad at me, after 10 rings nobody picked up so I rang her mobile but the line was dead. By now I was getting really worried so I called her mom's phone, maybe she knew. After the 9th ring I was ready to hang up when she answered, "H-Hello?", she croaked into the phone through almost uncontrollable sobs. "Angela? Is everything okay?", "No G-Gerard. It's not,", "whats happened?", I asked obviously thinking about Violet, "It's V-Violet, she's in the hospital". My heart stopped for a second, "The doctors say she was in a car accident". Fuck. Fuck! This was all my fault! if I hadn't been such an ass me and her could have made up and be sat in my room playing videogames and listening to The Misfits. "Do you want me to drive you to the hospital?", I sighed into the reciever. "Thank you Gerard, I appreciate it". she said, a forced smile vident in her voice. "I'll come around now.".

I ran next door and banged hard on the oak door, after a while Angela came to the door, her makeup in tear lines down her face, she fell into my arms and cried into my shoulder, I wrapped my arms around her and tried to calm her down enough to get to my car, once we were there she was like a kid waiting to get to Disneyland. We pulled into the car park and ran through the main entrance and stopped at the front desk. "Can I help you?", asked the woman, her smile was see through, the hours of hard work were written in her eyes, and knowing Angela, things weren't going to get easier. "Yes. My daughter Violet was brought in here earlier," .The woman's face softened at the word 'Daughter'. "Of course, and you are family?", "Yes I'm her mother and this is her fiancee'", she said resting her hand on my shoulder, I tried to contain my shock at her words and smiled a painful smile at the woman, "oh God, how awful. She's in room 15, ward 7", "thank you.", said Angela grabbing my hand, we ran to where she was supposed to be.

As soon as we approached her bed i stopped dead in my tracks, but Angela ran to her bedside. Violet's condition shocked me. Her usually beautiful and wavy, long black hair was matted and lying lifeless around her head, her face was cut up and grazed, even bleeding in some places, her arms were covered in cuts and bandages, except for where they'd attached a tube which hung from a bag of blood and into her wrist. I had a dry lump in my throat and my heart felt as if it had just shattered into a million unfizable pieces. But what troubled me was that she wasn't smiling or laughing, I was waiting for her to sit up and yell, "Gotcha!", but no. She wasn't moving.

I sat at the opposite side of the bed to Angela and watched her, tears streming down her face as she kept saying her name repeatedly as if trying to wake her from her unconcious tate. I felt useless as I just sat and watched, I could have told her everything was going to be alright, give her some hopefull words. But no, I was too shocked to comfort her.

I took Violet's hand into my own, she was cold, too cold. I was about to say something to Angela when a male doctor with short brown hair came into the room, he smiled at us both with sadness in his eyes. I've seen that look before. "Is she going to be okay?", asked Angela. "We don't know yet, her injuries are very serious, she was hit head on by a drunken driver". The anger was boiling in my blood. Some stupid dick could take the life of the girl I love just because he wanted to drive God knows how drunk in the middle of the night. "Can we stay here?", I asked, "Of course, this is a private room", he said, "Can I speak to you outside?", he asked Angela, she nodded, smiled at me and kissed Violet's head be for she left.

I was alone with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think, in about 2 or 3 more chapters things are gonna change quite a bit, i promise :D

Please comment, I need to know if this story sucks or not.

xxx