Sequel: That Should Be Me
Status: Story needs to be heavily edited!

Something More

001

We were a month in to high school. I was only a freshman. My best friend was a sophomore which would mean I would have to survive one year without him there, meaning my senior year would be absolutely dreadful.

I heard one of my good friends calling my name, but I wasn't really in a talking mood, so I kept walking.

"Hey! I was calling you!"

" Oh sorry, didn't hear you" I said as I kept walking.

"Spill the details!Has he asked you out yet?" Haley stepped in front of me to stop me from walking any further.

"Who? Jake?" I asked as if I didn't know who it was she was talking about, but I did know, except I didn't like Jake.

"Yeah, who else?" Haley said

"No, he hasn't."

She frowned, " I know he wants to!"

"Really?" I asked sarcastically. I jumped as someone came up behind me and covered my eyes.

"Guess Who?" The voice said.

"Nick, I know it's you."

"Man you're good at this!" he said surprised

"Nick, you're my best friend. It's not hard."

Haley cleared her throat, meaning Nick had interrupted our conversation and she wished for him to leave.

"Let's go, I'll give you a ride home." Nick said as he grabbed my hand and started pulling me toward the school's exit.

"I'll call you later Haley!"

~~~

Nick opened the passenger door for me and I got into his car. Nick was 16 years old, he had the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen and his hair... oh don't even get me started.

"So my friend Jake says that he likes you," He told me unaware that I already knew. "A lot."

"He does?" I played along

" Do you, ya know like him?"

"I don't know, I don't really know him all that well."

Nick chuckled, "So I'll tell him you'd like to go out with him then."

I smacked him playfully, causing us to both laugh at the idea of me dating Jake.

Nick's laughter subsided and he gave me a serious look, "So how's your dad been? Is he getting any better?"

My Dad has cancer, we could loose him any day. Nick always asked me about my dad every day, and I would always give him the same answers, but something felt different today.

I tried to clear the lump from my throat before answering, "No, he's not doing well Nick."

"He's going to be okay D." He gave my hand a squeeze and gave me his million dollar smile as he pulled up to my house.

"I'll see you tomorrow Nick, thanks for the ride." I said as I reached for the handle to open the door.

"Call me if you need anything."

I nodded and left the car feeling incomplete. He felt like something so much more than a friend to me and it stung he didn't seem to feel the same way I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave comments! they're appreciated :)