Whatever it Takes - Pushing The Limits

Chapter 4

Tears were streaming down my face as the news sunk in. Paralyzed. Why did I have to be so irresponsible! Because I let beer into my party two people died and I'm paralyzed.

My parents try to comfort me but there isn't anything they can do to make me feel better. The doctor comes in and clears his throat. "Miss Taylor?" he asks politely. I look up at him and he gives me a small smile. "I see you have heard of your misfortune. I have good news though. It might take a while and it will be a long journey but if you go through extensive physical therapy you may be able to walk again. Even without any help."

At this news I perk up slightly. I am determined to walk again. I know I can. "But for now," he continued "You will have to learn how to use a wheel chair. It's pretty simple really." A nurse wheels in my new transportation device and my dad puts me in the chair. The doctor carefully explains how everything works. "And those are the breaks. Good! Now you know how to get around in a wheelchair. Now for the wounds on your legs, I'm going to prescribe. . . . "

The doctor went on telling me and my parents about my meds, but I wasn't listening. I just nodded my head as he said things but I was really thinking about when I would be able to see everyone again and when I would go back to school how I would get around. Then of course I thought about Brandon. ". . . . . And there is the option to return to your school but if you want to continue with the physical therapy in the hospital, I recommend getting a tutor. It will be much harder to continue physical therapy at your home with the nurse only available certain days, it may take double the time to recover." My head snapped to attention at this.

I had to choose between school and home therapy, or tutor and hospital therapy. I want to recover as soon as possible but not being able to continue at school and in solitude might make me lose focas in my therapy. "I-I-I want . . . . to um . . . . take the hospital therapy. I want to walk as soon as possible." I said. But it sort of sounded like question.

"Well I'm happy to hear of your decision. We'll move you into the Physical therapy in the west wing, by friday. Mr. and Mrs. Taylor, if I could ask you to pack and move some of your daughters essentials when her room is designated." The doctor said.

My parents nodded and I smiled weakly. Well here we go.
♠ ♠ ♠
This sucks. i'm just not into the story like i used to be. I think i'm just gonna start from scratch and make in a one chapter one-shot. Oh well. Thank you to anybody who is remotly into this story. The acctual story really hasn't happened yet. There is another character that is suppose to come into the story that makes the whole story worth reading. Comments make me happy. Even if they're hate comments or critisizm.