‹ Prequel: A Horrible Romance

A Unique and Torn Romance

Sweet Morning

I wake up slowly with a heavy feeling on my stomach. I look down to see an arm, and when I follow said arm up to a shoulder, Bob’s face isn’t far away from my own.

I smile.

He looks cute. He’s still sleeping and he looks so peaceful. I really don’t wanna bother him, but when I look over his shoulder and see that it’s 7:22, I realize that I have to.

As I lean over to kiss him awake, I curse the sheets for making so much noise. Before I even eliminate the distance between us, Bob’s eyes start to flutter open.

So I move fast.

My lips crash onto his, and I feel him groan in surprise. But it doesn’t take long for him to kiss back. Our lips move against each other, practically dancing, and I feel like I’m floating away for a second.
Or an hour actually, because when we pull away from each other, that’s how much time I feel like has passed by.

I look over Bob’s shoulder and see it’s 7:27, and I almost feel disappointed.

“We should get to school,” Bob says, but he doesn’t pull away from me. My hands have settled on his waist, while his has settled on my neck and jaw line. I lean into his touch.

“I don’t wanna,” I whine and complain. I know I have to, though. My mom sounded pissed when I hadn’t come home last night, so I can’t even imagine how much worse I would make the situation if I skipped school too.
I’ve already done that once. She didn’t like it at all.

“Neither do I,” Bob says sweetly and moves closer to me. His chest presses against mine, and though his side is sorta cutting off the blood flow to my one hand as it’s trapped between him and the mattress, I don’t complain.
But I have to.

“We have to. My mom is already pissed,” I mumble between our lips, before I barely move and press mine against his. Bob moans, but when it lasts for a very long time, I’m starting to think that it’s just a whine. It sounds hot, no matter what.
When he stops whining – or moaning, whichever – he pulls away and I’m left with my lips still puckered and suddenly feeling very cold.

“Come on,” he says sweetly, pecks my lips once and pulls away from me completely. While he crawls out of bed, I lie as still as I can on the rebellious mattress and savor his last kiss. It warmed me right up, and I still feel so warm.

“Mikey.” I lie still. The feel and warmth from his kiss is quickly disappearing, so I lie still in hopes of getting another.
“Mikey, if you don’t get up, you’re not getting any breakfast.” I lie still. Bob sighs.
“If you don’t get up, you’re gonna miss seeing me half-naked.” I quickly open one eye. Bob starts laughing, before he pulls a t-shirt on. I hate him for covering that perfect chest of his.
“Get up.” I lie still. Bob shakes his head while still smiling, and sits down on the bed with his back to me.
“If you don’t get up, you’re gonna miss getting a kiss.” I’m up so fast that my head spins a little, but luckily I have Bob to lean on while it fades away. I wrap my arms around his neck and almost crawl over his shoulder to reach his lips with my own. He grins into the kiss, but kisses back.

The kiss is too short.

“Get up,” he orders, and since I’m already out from under the duvet and exposed to the horrible realization that school starts in half an hour, I do as ordered.

While I pull on my clothes, I can’t help but think about just that: school. Bob is the quarterback. He’s popular. He can’t just come out and be gay. I’ve already been outed to the entire school and have to face the bullying and beating, but Bob can still be happy.
If he wants to.

Having tied his shoes, Bob gets up from his bed and waits for me to get ready. I stop in the middle of turning my socks the right way out and look up into his eyes.

“Bob, are-“ I stop myself. It sounds too harsh to just ask him if we’re together. If we’re official. If we can be. It would sound as if I’m forcing him, which I’m not.
I keep opening and closing my mouth as I try to find the right words, but all I do is look like a fish on dry land. I must look so stupid.

“I don’t think I’m ready for it,” Bob suddenly says, and I look up at him a little shocked. He looks apologetic.
“I don’t think I’m ready to come out at school. That was what you were gonna ask, right?” I guess my face said all I tried to find the words to say.

I give Bob a small smile. I’m glad he’s able to read me so well. It means something.
Bob smiles back and crosses the small space between us. He wraps his arms around me, and I hold him along with my socks.

“Let’s just keep it between us. At least for now,” he says sweetly, and then leans in for a kiss. I love his kisses. I love his lips. They’re so soft and gentle, but still so perfectly sloppy and harsh when they need to be. Like last night – the best night of my life.

Bob pulls away, but I bite onto his lower lip before he gets too far. He snorts a laugh.

“Let’s get some breakfast,” he mumbles against my lips. I start sucking on his lip instead of biting it, and it works just as good – Bob doesn’t pull away.

At least not immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Apparently, my updates on this have become monthly.. =S
Sorry!

But you can see yourself as lucky, since this is currently my only story that's happy... =)