Status: Active: awaiting next chapter

Our Disappointed Hearts

Chapter Ten

I laid in the bed and stared at the ceiling. It was quite an ugly room, too homey for my taste. It wasn't a bench, though. The color of the walls made me think of a home for old people. It smelled of potpourri but like I said, sure as fuck wasn't a park bench.

I tried to get some sleep after laying there for hours thinking about this stupid girl. I laid on my side and she still came to my mind. I stayed like that for a while until I heard a door open. I didn't move and just shut my eyes tight. I felt eyes upon me and just pretended to sleep. I didn't say anything because I couldn't. For once in my life I kept my mouth shut. I felt the presence linger some and then leave. I stopped being so stiff and released the pressure from my eye lids. As soon as I was fully relaxed, I felt it again. They moved over to the dresser directly next to my head. I noticed in the dim moonlight that peeked through the window, that it was Vada. She put down a pile of what looked like clothing and messed with the pocket of my jeans.

What the fuck was she doing? As soon as I was about to say something she was gone. Once I heard her door shut, I got up and turned on a lamp in the room.

She put a few tee shirts on the dresser but I still didn't know what she did to my jeans. I checked all the pockets and found nothing until I reached my left back pocket. I looked to see money. I counted out two twenties and smiled. I hope she knew that I'd be using this for weed.

I got dressed and as quietly as I could, opened the window. It wasn't a big house. Just a one story little, cozy type deal. I grabbed my bag and jumped out of the window. It was pointless for me to stay. I thought about Vada and how she still lingered on my mind, about how she almost made me question if she was fake or not, about how I almost smiled because of her for the first time in years. I felt the wave of depression again and ran away from the house as fast I could. I hated what she made me feel, that she made me feel at all. So I escaped that horror house.

I grabbed my shitty phone from my pocket and checked if it was terminated yet or not. I dialed Artie's number, knowing he would be up. Just as I was about to, I had a call waiting. I looked at the screen and it read: Unknown Caller. Who the hell could it be?

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this a miss, uhh, Zepplin Ambrosio?"

"Yeah, and who the fuck is this?" I retorted.

"Its the Beacon City Police department." the manly voice said sternly and I froze in my tracks.

"Oh, uh, what seems to be the problem?" I cleared my throat.

"You're the niece of a Ronald Ambrosio?" he asked me.

"Y-yeah. Why?" I had no clue what he was getting at.

"Well, the department just found out that he was the victim of a brutal murder an-" I cut him off.

"W-what? How? When the fuck-" he cut me off in return.

"Miss, come down to the station immediately." as soon as he said that, I hung up and opened my bag.

I searched it for any sort of drugs and took a handful of whatever pills I found, I dry swallowed them and I had downed about 10. I didn't care if I died, or if I lived. I had absolutely no one and it was just hitting me that I actually gave a shit.

I trudged to the cemetery and went straight to my parents graves.They were buried next to each other, and shared a giant, cross headstone. The stone read:

Nicholas and Rose Ambrosio.

No one bothered to write anything else because no one knew what my parents would want it to say. It simply had the dates of their births and deaths written under each name and Rest In Peace.

I fell to my knees in front of them and cried my eyes out for the first time in a while. After about two minutes, I felt very dizzy and I blacked out.

_____________

I woke up and opened my eyes to see the sun. My hoodie had done a terrible job of keeping me warm and I was shaking like a leaf. I looked around to see that my bag had been stolen and my phone wasn't in my pocket. Neither was the money. I was disappointed to be alive and wished that I just stayed at that house, but only a little. I was surprised I hadn't been raped. They probably thought I was dead.

I hesitantly stood up and felt my head pounding. looked at the headstone and started crying.

"Why'd you have to fucking leave?!" I screamed.

"You left me alone! I know that you're seeing all of this happen, wherever you are! Send me some help, god dammit! I'm tired of doing this alone!" I said a bit softer.

"EVERY ONE IS FUCKIN' GONE!" I spat at them beneath tears.

I collapsed to my knees and cried into my hands.

"Send me some fucking help." I whimpered.

"Zepplin!" I heard a voice.

I looked up to see the sign that I so desperately wanted.

It was Vada.
♠ ♠ ♠
Miss MorticiaScolex again, ladies and gents.

comments, please.