Let's Not Ask Why It's Not Right

;13

Pulling off my sneakers was a lot harder than I thought. Especially when you’re hung over. I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed before trying again. Note to self: next time, don’t drink so much. I managed to finally get my sneakers off and chucked them into my gym bag. I, unluckily, had managed to end up doing physical education. Which meant annoyingly getting changed at the start of class and at the end.

I sprayed myself one last time with deodorant and headed out to my locker. And like Tay had said, she was waiting at my locker for me to go to lunch.

“About time Kaitlin,” she complained.

“Sorry, but I had gym which sucked,” I told her, opening my locker and exchanging my bag for my lunch.

“It’s fine but next time, change faster. I’m hungry,” Tay whined.

“Alright, alright. Let’s go eat.”

We sat in the same seats as yesterday and so did Tyson and the guys, on the other side of the room. Unfolding the wrapper of my sandwich, I wondered what class I would have next and if Tay or one of the guys would be in it.

“So, how was the party?” Tay asked.

“It was alright. Had too much,” I chuckled, stealing glances across the room at the guys.

“Yeah, Mike was telling me that. Sounds like you had the guys worried for a bit there.”

“Did I?” I asked, swallowing part of my lunch.

“Well, not the guys but Tyson.”

I glanced over at the guys once more. And who happened to be glancing over at the same time. It was kind of like Tyson had some sort of psychic power. Almost as if he knew we were talking about him.

“I doubt it,” I scoffed, “He’s probably only being nice because Tim told him to be nice.”

“Oh yeah? Well then how come every time you turn your head to look at me, he’s secretly stealing glances at you then, huh?” Tay questioned.

“He isn’t.”

“Yes, he is! Ooooh! Tyson loves Kaitlin!” She sung softly.

“Tay!”

“What? It so is the truth.”

I shrugged and zoned out for a while, focusing on making it through the rest of lunch without looking over at him.

“Tyson loves Kaitlin. Tyson loves Kaitlin. Tyson loves Kaitlin!” Tay sung annoyingly.

“He does not! Now shut up!” I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
We're on a roll :)