She's a Bullet in Russian Roulette

Emotionally Drained

I wanted to open my mouth, complain and make some big catastrophe about this whole situation. There was no way in hell I wanted to be partnered up with stupid Ian.
I looked over at him, a smug smile slapped right on his face. I hated him.
This wasn’t one of those small projects that one person does their part and the other gets theirs done and the two of you show up the next day and present it, stumbling over each other’s words.
This was a book report.
You had to pick out a book, read the book, research the book and have a discussion about it in front of the classroom. I had already tried warning Ian about Hunter, and I didn’t want to deal with it again. I didn’t want to talk to him, if he didn’t care about himself, well I didn’t care about him either. He was stupid.
The bell sounded and I darted out of the bedroom and quickly made it to my locker. I threw all of my stuff into my bag and bustled off towards the parking lot.
“Aeron!” Ian’s voice rang out behind me.
“Don’t! I will call you when I get home!” I screamed back, “We can do this over the phone!!”
He caught up to me and grabbed my bag to keep me from walking away. I quickly slung my arm out of my bag and continued walking away from him.
“Aeron! Come on. I am sorry. I’m ready to be nice.”
“You’re ready huh?” I seethed, flipping around to face him, only centimeters away from him, “You’re fucking ready? Well guess what Ian? I am not ready for shit. Okay? I am so fucking mad at you. You have no god damn idea.”
“You mad at me?” He scoffed, “You’ve got to be joking Aeron. You are so immature. You have no idea.”
I quickly grabbed my bag from him and walked away again, “Just text me then!”
“You can’t handle a face to face conversation?”
“I can handle anything! You’re the one who can’t handle the fucking truth!”
Once again, he caught up to me, only side by side this time, “The truth? Aer, really. You tell me Hunter is dangerous after I find out you have a huge crush on me, and you expect me not to know you’re bullshitting me?”
“I expect you to trust me. Or at least take into consideration my feelings. You didn’t even ask me why I thought she was dangerous. You quickly jumped to the conclusion that I’m just some jealous bitch like all the other girls you’ve been with. And I’m not.” I stopped in my tracks and shoved my keys into my car door, “But you are too fucking stupid to realize that!”
“Now I’m stupid?” He retorted.
I quickly pulled my car door open and sat inside. Sighing loudly, I said, “Look Ian. We have a project that just needs to get done. Do you have a book in mind?”
“Oh, are you done with this conversation?” He mused, finding himself hilarious.
I could feel my face getting hot, and my teeth began to ache from grating them so harshly, “Look. I understand. You don’t fucking like me. I’m immature and I’m fucking stupid. That doesn’t change the fact that we need to get a decent grade in our English class. Can we please just go to the library and pick up some books? I don’t want to deal with this right now.”
“Are you sure you want me in your car, or am I too dangerous-”
“GOD DAMN IT IAN!” I yelled on the brink of tears, quieting down I added, “Please. Just get in the car, okay? I don’t want to repeat 11th grade English. Its hard enough the first time.”
Ian must have finally realized the edge to my voice. He quietly made his way around my car as I started it and climbed into the passenger’s seat.
I quickly turned the radio on and backed out of my parking spot, almost hitting some idiot with blazing red hair on the way out.
“Oh Jesus.” Ian muttered.
“What?!” I accused, “Are you going to criticize my driving too? Am I too fucking immature to have a license?!”
“No. That’s my friend.. Dallas. From back home.”
He ran up to Ian’s door and tapped on the window. Ian cranked the handle to my Mustang and let the window down, “What Dallas?”
“Hunter is at the house.”
A scowl ripped across my face and a slight growl slipped out of my mouth, “Whoa. What was that?” Dallas said, surprised.
I turned to see Ian’s and Dallas’ eyes channeled towards me, “What?”
“Did you hear that?” Ian asked.
“Hear what?”
“It sounded like a really fucking angry as shit dog or something.” Dallas remarked.
I bit my lip softly, “Noo, I didn’t hear that. Look. I have shit to do Ian. Are we going to get these books, or are you going to go home with Hunter?”
“Lets go get the books. See you later Dal.”
“Ian!!”
“What?”
“Your mom kinda dropped me off. Could I borrow a ride?”
I rolled my eyes, “The handle is on the left side of the seat.”
Dallas quickly got into the car and I pulled out this time, safely with no one in my way. We made our way to the library and I left Dallas in my car with the windows down and I took the keys in with me.
“I really think we should talk about this.” Ian probed as we stepped into the library.
“Shh. We’re in the library.”
“Aeron. Stop being so freaking..”
“Immature Ian?”
“No. Just hear me out.”
“From what I understand, you think that I want you.”
“That’s what you told me.”
I swallowed hard, “Yeah. And its true. But I have more confidence in myself than to tell you that Hunter is dangerous because I want you all to myself.”
“Why the fuck is Hunter so dangerous? I have yet to figure that out.” He said, pulling a book from the shelf titled What Happened To Lani Garver.
“I’ve read that.” I stated, “Good book.”
“That’s wonderful. Mind telling me why you think Hunter is dangerous?”
“I do mind actually. Sorry.” I said, taking off into the next shelf of books.
Ian grabbed me by the arm and retreated quickly, “Why is your arm so hot? Its freezing in here.”
“You know what? I’m think I’m coming down with something. Whaddya say we grab a book, I take you home and we finish this tomorrow in class?”
“You’re not coming down with shit Aer. You’re always warm.”
“Will you just grab a fucking book?”
“I want to know why Hunter is dangerous.”
“Because,” I began, getting cut off by the ringing of my phone. I quickly flipped it open and answered it, “Hello?”
“Hey Aeron. Its Jas. Are you up for another chase today? You kinda dropped out on us last night.”
“No. I’m not.”
“You mind telling me why you ran from that house so fast? That chic had a conniption.”
“I am having a conniption of my own right now. I will call you when I get home, okay?”
“Ooh. Your with Ian, huh? I saw him trailing you after school today.” She giggled.
“Jas. Sorry. No. Good bye.” I hung up my phone and returned to Ian who had two copies of a book called Tweak by Nic Sheff.
I snatched the books from him and went up to the counter with my library card.
“You’re friends with Jas that soon, why can’t we make up?”
“Thanks.” I said, taking my books. “Because Ian. Jas was bothering other people. Not me. And I was the wrong in that situation. In this situation, you completely ignored what I said. And I am still mad.”
“So, you’re saying that you’re right in this situation?” He asked, opening the door to my car and greeting Dallas.
“You guys took for ever!” He groaned.
Ignoring him, I said, “Yes. I am. I believe I am right. I know whats right. And what I’m saying is right.”
He jumped at the starting of my car, but continued to argue with me, not missing a beat, “I don’t think you’re right.”
“I don’t care what you think.”
“Obviously.” He muttered under his breath.
I threw him a disgusted look as I pulled out into traffic, “What? You think I should give a shit?”
“I think that you should at least try and see where I’m coming from.”
“Likewise.”
“What?!” Dallas complained from the backseat, “What is going on?”
I turned up the radio unnecessarily loud as Escape the Fate’s new song, “Ten Miles Wide” blasted through my speakers.
Once the song was over, we were, thankfully in front of Ian’s house. He pointed out turns and roads as we drove along, not speaking to me.
I screeched to a halt and threw Ian his book. He let Dallas out of the car and Hunter came out of his front door, a woman I guessed to be Ian’s mom trailing behind her.
I threw my car into gear, ready to speed off when Ian quickly stuck his head in the passenger’s seat window, “Aeron. Look. I am sincerely sorry and I’d really appreciate it if we could talk about this.”
“Ian baaaaaby!” Hunter grinned, coming up behind him and kissing his neck.
I couldn’t stand it any longer, “Ian. Its done. Keep her off your neck by the way.” I said, quickly hitting the gas pedal and speeding off in the direction of my house.
Mixed with too many emotions to be driving, I had regret pouring through me for ever thinking I was good enough for Ian, envy at Hunter for being so gorgeous, and any other emotion you could think of.
I was hurt. That’s all I could come up with. Hurt and humiliated.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is extremely long.
Thanks for reading everyone :)

The comments are great. I would personally like to thank NO_pOinT_in_LiVinG.
:)

Keep reading guys.