Status: I Took The Sequel Down, It Wasn’t Going Anywhere.

Princess Protection Program

#018

“I WANT MATT!” I screamed for what felt like the hundredth time.

Matt had been taken away, as soon as he opened the office door to tell someone my water broke, And right now I desperately needed him. I let out a frustrated growl as Greg our lawyer walked into the room after a nurse scurried out of the room to get someone.

“I swear to you.” I hissed before Greg could even say anything. “If Matt isn’t here within two seconds, I’m going to kill someone!”

“Miss I can’t do that I’m sorry, he’s a felon, he’s being put in jail right now.” Greg winched as I let out a frustrated scream.

“I am the fuckin’ president’s daughter, get him here!” I hissed. Greg’s eyes widened before rushing out of the room cell phone in hand.

I groaned leaning back in the uncomfortable hospital bed as my grandmother walked into the room. “Hello dear.” My grandma smiled, taking a seat in a chair next to the bed. “How are you feeling?”

“Ugh.” I groaned. “Mammy it hurts.” I muttered. I had a huge feeling I was going to be in a long labor.

“I know dear.” She chuckled.

I let out a shaky breath, as I winced in pain. I really wished I could take that shit that eased the pain but the doctor said something about me having a slight complication, which might make me experience more pain. To me it was bull shit, I just wanted this baby out of me. “I need you Matt.” I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek.

| Matt POV |

“Mr. Sanders!” My head shot up, as I herd my name being called. I recognized the guy as the one from the law office, Greg something.

“How’s Alexia, is everything okay?!” I asked, as he unlocked the cell door.

“She’s asking for you, now lets go!” He said sternly. I quickly obeyed him, following him out of the Jail.

We couldn’t get to the hospital fast enough, it seemed as if this guy was taking every little detour possible. But once Greg had pulled up the hospital, my nerves kicked in, I walked fast keeping up with him, smiling to myself as I herd Alex yelling. “I said I wanted Matt in two seconds not thirty minutes!”

“Miss Martin!” Greg groaned. “Matt.” Greg said stepping to the side.

I rushed over to Alex, who had red cheeks and tears in her eyes. “Hey baby.” I smiled cupping her cheeks in my large hands.

“Matt it hurts so bad.” She cried. “The doctor said there’s something wrong but they wont tell me anything.” I glanced up at Marie who sat next to Alex with a sympathetic look, I had a feeling she knew what was going on.

“Miss Martin.” A doctor said walking into the room. “How are you feeling.”

“You try going into labor, then ask me how I’m feeling!” Alex snapped at the old man. I chuckled gently squeezing Alex’s hand.

“Alright then.” The doctor chuckled. “I’m going to ask everyone to leave the room for a few moments.”

“Uh No!” Alex said shaking her head. “Matt’s not going anywhere!” She said, I watched Marie leave the room, giving me a look.

“Alex baby.” I said turning to Alex. “I’ll be right back I swear, I won’t go anywhere!” I promised.

Alex gave me a hard look before she sighed. “Fine.” She muttered.

I gave her a sympathetic smile, before walking out of the room. “I’d really like to know what’s going on right now.” I said running a hand through my short hair, stopping in front of Marie.

I watched as Marie shook her head taking a seat in one of the several chairs out side of the room. “The doctor’s don’t think she’s going to make it Mathew. I’m sorry.” Marie whispered. “The baby is giving her complications, they aren’t telling her because they don’t want her to stress over it.”

“Fuck.” I muttered, taking a seat next to Marie. “Can’t they get the baby out before it causes more trouble?” I asked placing my head in my hands.

“Then we’ll lose them both Mathew.” Marie sighed, rubbing my back.

“So it’s either, lose Alexia and get my baby, or lose them both?!” I asked no one in particular.

How could this be happening, I couldn’t live without Alexia, having to go to jail was going to be hard enough, but now just knowing I was most likely going to have a baby out there with out me or Alexia was worse. I couldn’t let that happen. Yes I realize that’s selfish, but who would take care of our baby. I was shook out of my thoughts as the doctor came out of the room.

“I’m sorry but nothing has changed.” He said. “We have figured she wont make it through the whole delivery. If she doesn’t the necessary things are going to happen to make sure the baby is alright.” He sighed. “I’m very sorry for this. We’re going to be getting ready to deliver this baby soon, I’ll see you in a few minutes.” He said before leaving us.

“I’ve got to talk to her Marie.” I muttered lifting myself out of my seat and walking into the room. I closed the door behind me as I saw Alexia staring at the wall in front of her, with tears strolling down her beautiful face.

“I’m going to die.” She whispered. “This baby’s killing me.”

“Baby.” I muttered rushing to her side. “Look at me!” I said taking her face in my hands, wiping her tears away with my thumbs. “Don’t talk like that.”

“But its true.” She cried. “He said it’s either both of us, or just me.” I let out a sigh, as a tear rolled down my cheek. “I love you Matt. I’m so sorry.”

“Don’t be.” I muttered, kissing her lips quickly. “This isn’t your fault.” I mumbled. “Your going to be okay. Do you understand me! Your going to be able to see our beautiful baby girl!” I said making her look me in the eyes. “I promise you Alex!” Alexia nodded her head as the tears continued, the doctor walked into the room, with a few nurses.

“Mr. Sanders, you need to leave.” I nodded my head, kissing Alex once more full on the lips, before letting her hand go, and walking out of the room.

Two hours! Two hours I sat in the chair next to Marie, two hours I let my head get the best of me. I sat there sobbing quietly realizing I was going to lose the love of my life, while Marie rubbing my back soothingly. “Mr. Sanders.” my head shot up as I looked at the doctor who had a smile on his face. “Would you like to meet your daughter?”

I nodded my head, wiping my eyes as I followed the doctor into the room. I don’t think I’ve ever smiled as big as I did when I saw Alexia sitting in the bed holding our baby girl. “Hey.” She smiled, as I walked up to her. The small baby in her hands was gripping Alexia’s finger tightly looking up at her with big brown eyes. “Would you like to hold her?” I nodded as the tears started again.

A nurse took the baby from Alexia, placing her gently in my arms. “Her name is Brooklyn.” Alexia mumbled. “I always loved it there.” I glanced up at Alex, she was having trouble keeping her eyes open. “Just like you promised Matt, I got to hold my baby girl.” Moments later the steady beeping in the room, went to a continuous beep.

The world seemed to stop as the Doctor rushed back into the room, a nurse took Brooklyn from my arms, as I stood there looking at Alexia’s lifeless body. “Mr. Sanders you need to leave.” A nurse said, lightly pushing me out of the door.

The door was shut in my face as I turned around facing Marie, she knew, I knew she knew just from the look on her face. I sunk to the floor, holding my head in my hands as I let the tears roll down my eyes. I just lost the one person who meant the world to me. But I knew I had to be strong.

If not for me, but at least for Brooklyn.
♠ ♠ ♠
A very sad ending for this story huh?!

I want to thank everyone who has commented and subscribed.
A big thanks to the people who have made me banners! :D

XX Courtney