Sequel: 11:11
Status: Finished

All I Ever Wanted

Chapter 33 - End

“I feel like the worst older brother right now.”

“…Why?”

“I’m leaving my baby sister in New York City! It just feels so weird!”

“Max, I’ll be fine. You know I will.”

Max nods his head and sighs. There’s a loud noise from behind me and I see Max look over my shoulder and laugh.

“How the hell are you going to make it without me?” He yells over me and I turn to see Luke struggling to pick up his bags from the floor.

“I will be… just fine,” he manages to say while throwing one bag over his shoulder. Max shakes his head and puts his hands on my shoulders.

“If you have any problems, you call me, okay? I will be up here in a day if you need me to be.” I laugh at how serious he’s being. “No really, Lex. I will.”

“Alright, Max. Stop being such a sap.”

“Sorry for caring.”

I smile and pick up one of my bags, my hand reaching for another, but someone else gets to it first.

Ryder grins at me and lifts my duffle bag over his shoulder effortlessly. “Thought you might need some help. Girls tend to over pack.”

“I did not over pack.”

“How much did you send down here via mail?”

“Okay, so maybe I over packed just a little.”

I roll my eyes at him and continue walking, following Max to where Luke is having a near breakdown. His eyes are bloodshot and he keeps pushing his hair away from his eyes.

“You’re going to be fine… It’s just college. I can come visit you whenever,” I hear Max assure him, but it does little to calm him down.

“I’m not worried about the school part. I’m more worried about us.”

“Us?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh. Well, I love you, okay? Nothing can change that?”

That’s when I tune them out. I don’t want to hear anything about love or anything related to love. It’ll just make me even more depressed than I am already.

“Do you want to go check in while these two figure out whatever they’re issues are?” I hear Ryder ask from behind me. Next I feel his hand on my own.

“Sure,” is my answer and I start walking without waiting for him.

“Hey, wait.”

He catches up to me in no time and actually jogs ahead of me to pull the door open.

“After you.”

“Thanks.”

I’m surprised at how little emotion I’m showing today, and how little there is in my voice. He’s surprised, too.

“Are you alright, Alexis?”

“I’m fine. Why wouldn’t I be?”

“You’re starting college! You gotta stop thinking about Alex.”

“Easy for you to say.”

“Alexis, he’ll still be in Maryland when you go home. His band is not getting signed.”

“You don’t know that, Ry. The band could get signed tomorrow, or whatever. He may not be there.”

I don’t want to admit it, but I have other reasons for why he may not be there. What if he finds someone new? What if I come home, excited to start up our relationship again because I’ve sorted out everything I’ve needed to, and when I get there I find out he’s got a new girlfriend?

Would he do that, though? We’re on a break, we’re not totally over.

“Listen to me, Alexis. The band will get signed, but probably not in 4 months. They’ve only just started doing shows and stuff. They will be there when you get back.”

“I guess…”

I shake the thoughts of Alex with another girl out of my head and walk up to the front desk. There’s surprisingly no line, and I’m able to sign in quickly.

“What’s your name?” the lady behind the desk asks, and when I tell her she pulls out a folder with my name on it.

“Okay. This is for you,” she says, handing me the folder. “Inside you’ll find your room key, schedule, and anything else you might need. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask.”

“Thank you,” I tell her and move to my left so Ryder can get his stuff.

I open the folder and the first thing I see is my ID card. The picture doesn’t look like me. At least, it doesn’t look like I do now. I took it way back in January when we came for Open House. They offered to get me started on my email account and everything. I look happy in this picture. I was still with Alex in this picture.

I close the folder and sigh. My goal is to look like I did in this picture 4 months from now when I go back home. I’m thinking that it’s going to be fairly easy, seeing as it’s college and I’m going to meet so many new people and have so many new opportunities.

“Are you ready?” I hear Ryder ask beside me and I nod.

“Let’s go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's over!!! =/ I'm sad. But the sequel is already started and should be up soon...

It's going to switch POV from Alex to Alexis every other chapter, so you'll get to see what Alex is up to and stuff... =] It might even end up being mostly in Alex's POV.

Thank you for reading and commenting! you guys (as sad as it is) make my day!