I Gave Them Blood But It Could Never Be Enough

Chapter 2.

*Fourteen Years Ago.*

I was nine when I was in third grade. She just moved here to New Jersey from New York.

She sat in front of me in class. Her hair was always in a ponytail. I remember that day. And also the tragic way our relationship ended now.

I might of only been nine. But, I know it was love at first sight. She was so different. Yet, perfect in my eyes.

When it was her Birthday and I was invited. I found out she just lived up the rode. So, I would come to her house almost everyday to see her after school.

We became close. And did everything together. Then, in the seventh grade. When I was thirteen. I made the biggest mistake of my life.

She was moving back up to New York. I couldn’t let her go without letting her know how I felt. So, I thought I would tell her. We had a secret hiding spot behind my house in the woods. So, I thought I would tell her there.

We sat on the tree stump and I took her hands into mine. I opened my mouth to tell her. But, I just couldn’t.

I leaned in and kissed her instead. She pressed her lips against mine in return. Instead of pulling away like I thought she might do. When it was over. She just got up and ran off crying.

I didn’t think to go after her. But, I wished I did. That was the last time I saw her. I’ve regretted it. Until I turned into one of these creatures. I forgot all about her. Why did destiny bring us back together like this?